Will Lightsum, with trainees from diverse backgrounds, hold on?

• Lightsum has three from Produce48, Choron, Yujeong and Nayoung.

However, all three have very different images, and they were NOT friends back then; they were not even from the same companies.

Elsewhere I said lightsum is a hastily launched group to bury the mess Seo Soojin of Gidle created, and since Cube's emphasis is on Gidle, lightsum will be hard to avoid CLC's fate.

I do not know how long each member trained at Cube. When Gidle debuted Choron and one other trainee were training, so all of the rest joined cube after Gidle had debuted.

A good example of such kind of act is GFriend, which WAS the real last-chance group, with two faces which would not have been able to debut anywhere else (Yuju and Umji. The truth is harsh - Umji's face was the most 'interesting' of all KPop acts back in 2015, although Yuju has surpassed that now.)

The average length of training was one year and change (not counting the years the members trained elsewhere), and although Sowon was nominally the leader, all power resided in SinB.

So, when Eunha, who knew SinB for a long time, was added to GFriend with a recommendation by HItman Bang himself, SinB accepted her old friend but others were not too happy about someone who did not share the days of suffering while training under a tiny company with small budget.

The lift between Yuju, who sacrificed the most for the group, and Eunha, who basically took all the glory, was never healed and Yuju has been sidelined since late 2018 and will probably not be re-signed when the contract renews. The group turned into an act of Eunha, by Eunha and for Eunha, other members playing second fiddle to her (and those unwilling to do so cast out).

The anger of Choron, Nayoung and Yujeong, especially Choron, would be enormous and if a member who joined later gets promoted heavily the anger will not be controllable. Since Cube has a long history of backing the wrong member, it is pretty likely that a newcomer (most likely Sangah and Hina) would be the front person and the three PD48 contestants, who are NOT friends btw, won't tolerate that.

I personally think Lightsum will be better known with the drama it would create rather than its songs.

• Dang, I really hope something bad does not happen to them though.

Unfortunately, in Kpop, the worst premonition often comes true. With trainees from so many backgrounds, especially those with sad histories, and no clear leader (like Chorong of APink) holding on to the group, drama is inevitable

• Wishing the best of luck to them <3:thumbup:

Lightsum has not announced its leader yet. If CHowon is not named the leader and Sangah, who is twelve days older than Chowon, is named so then it won't last two years.

Sangah's history is not well known but she had auditioned for Urban Works and Yuehua, among others, so she might be friends with some IZOne members. I think Cube selected Sangah for her visuals, but I don't see her and Chowon getting along.

• If produces groups like ioi, izone were ok they're ok.

They did not last long enough to show discontents.

GFriend lasted long enough to show a lift between Yuju and the rest, and after Nov 2018, when Yuju was all but kicked out from the group, she just rides along and does nothing

If Lightsum's contract is like others the members will be stuck for 7 years. Enough time for the disagreements to expose.

• I read else where that their youngest member is only 14? With lots of minors in the group, they will be pretty much stuck in doing cute concept for the early years, a concept right now is not popular with the general public. Don't think this will help them get big.

• I read else where that their youngest member is only 14? With lots of minors in the group, they will be pretty much stuck in doing cute concept for the early years, a concept right now is not popular with the general public. Don't think this will help them get big.

Cube has Japanese ambitions for Lightsum. Which is why it collected Produce 48 contestants and added a Japanese member, which is not typical (it was always pro-China).

Since Gidle is still going strong, I think Cube will make Lightsum emphasize on Japan more as the covid crisis passes on.

well if they are willing to they don't have to necessarily stick with a cute concept.

When 4Minute debuted they had a "girl crush" concept with Hot Issue and Sohyun was only 14 when they debuted.

~ ω

• Official Post

The main problem is I don't think Chowon signed for this kind of group concept

lmaoo this is what I was thinking. GIDLE had a very strong girl crush concept when they first debuted, same with 4minute. CLC debuted with a cute concept at first but they had a very strong girl crush concept later on.

I don't think Chowon fits this type of concept but oh well.

• well if they are willing to they don't have to necessarily stick with a cute concept.

When 4Minute debuted they had a "girl crush" concept with Hot Issue and Sohyun was only 14 when they debuted.

well, yes you CAN do girl crush when you are 14, but you aren't gonna sell it and nobody is buying it. Maybe teen crush but ITZY has that on lock down. It's gonna be tough but I wish them the best

• If this was SM everyone would say they r debuting new group to bury scandal. Lol. I do think its one of the reason. If this group takes off its over for gidle.

Also 14 year old in a group? This is really not useful.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• well if they are willing to they don't have to necessarily stick with a cute concept.

I wrote about the 'wisdom' of adding Sohyun to 4Minute back in 2016

https://onehallyu.com/topic/35…ihyun-soyou-into-4minute/

Kwon Sohyun should have left the group. She should not have bothered with 4Minute to begin with, and instead Kang Jihyun, later to be known as Soyou of Sistar, should have been selected.

If Lightsum needs a 'sexy' image the youngest member will probably take a 'hiatus'.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!