Analyst report predicts BTS to enlist together in 2022

• Rm's not going to go before Jhope

• I find it weird that Jk would enlist at that age, I'm not talking about whether it's right or wrong, but has there ever been an idol who enlisted at Jk's age?

BTOB Sungjae is 25 I think. He in military. I’m not sure if there was anybody else that young.

I don't think they would want the two most popular members of the group, Tae and JK, to be in the military at the same time. So I think the 3J is a more plausible unit. BH low key promoting 3J quite while already.

I agree. I was hoping they would enlist in groups like for example BTOB or Exo did. It would keep the group going. (BTOB doing well without Sungjae and Hyunsik)

• I don't think they would want the two most popular members of the group, Tae and JK, to be in the military at the same time. So I think the 3J is a more plausible unit. BH low key promoting 3J quite while already.

All i know, imo it is not best decision if they go with hyung line and maknae line. The popularity will so...you know.

So i think they should mix it if they want to make sub unit

Yeah 3J is quit familiar to us

• i mean, i know people don't want to hear it but they don't need all 7 to tour

if they all go in 2022, that means they won't be able to tour again, which is a huge source of income, until 2023 at the earliest. That's 2020, 2021, most of 2022, and 2023 then with no tour. That makes no sense

That's definitely not happening. They weren't happy to perform even one song without yoongi, a whole concert without one member would be impossible for them.

• BTOB Sungjae is 25 I think. He in military. I’m not sure if there was anybody else that young.

I agree. I was hoping they would enlist in groups like for example BTOB or Exo did. It would keep the group going. (BTOB doing well without Sungjae and Hyunsik)

Jk is 23, if he enlists he will probably be the youngest idol to do it... well let's just wait for bh official statement

• So whats your ideal scenario for them?

There's really no ideal scenario bc of their particular situation, but i think promoting and touring as subunits and solos is the tried and true method for enlistment. I think all the members will go when they're supposed to go and if planned out properly, they will be able to fit in a 1-2 OT7 comebacks in the meantime, like Shinee just did before Taemin leaves

That's definitely not happening. They weren't happy to perform even one song without yoongi, a whole concert without one member would be impossible for them.

Well of course it's not ideal but thems the breaks. A whole 3+ years without that sweet tour revenue coming in is just insane, especially at their level where any number of members could tour and do well because of their ridiculous amount of popularity. Maybe if Covid hadn't happened and canceled the last tour, it would be more of a possibility but i just can't see them doing it now at all

plus part of HYBE's whole weverse plan is to eventually go into full scale touring experiences - like having fans book hotel rooms through the app and whatever else. They'll need BTS to make that happen

• I think all together makes the most financial sense. BTS has had gaps of nearly a year between albums without a problem so if they can all go together, they wouldn't be gone much longer than their breaks in the recent past. Just release pre-recorded content (drop singles, a documentary, Run episodes, some collabs) and I don't think there'd be much issue with loss of fans or loss of momentum. In fact, there'd be a huge burst of interest upon their return.

• If BH plans it well they can execute this. We re already used to lack of live promos, BE didn't had any but did numbers.

They could release an album right before enlistment and prerecord some of the performances for title track. We could have a repack of the same album with additional songs like YNWA after like 8 months. Many be some collaboration in between. It's definitely possible but difficult to execute and as always this would be frst time for such a big group both in numbers and popularity.

• If BTS doesn't take the postponement, Jin would be expected to enlist by December of this year, maybe even stretch it to January of 2022. This prediction doesn't seem to take in to account the postponement law at all. The 2-year postponement should have pushed his enlistment to Dec 2023. Anyways, if BTS decides to enlist together, are they allowed to release pre-recorded albums throughout their enlistment? Is that against the enlistment rules or something?

• who knows? Its a smart move imho. If they stunt enlistment it could be like 8-10 years before ot7 right?

Do it all in 2022 and they'll all be back for a big reunion in 2024, it's really not that long of a time.

they don't have to enlist one by one. my dream scenario would be hyung line enlists first and after they've finished maknae line. i assume that suga would be the only one who will do civil service and the rest would do active duty

I find it weird that Jk would enlist at that age, I'm not talking about whether it's right or wrong, but has there ever been an idol who enlisted at Jk's age?

d.o enlisted in that age

ate: no, he enlisted later, sorry.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!