Analyst report predicts BTS to enlist together in 2022

• Analyst report predicted all BTS members will enlist together in 2022 to minimize the release gap between their albums.

According to an analyst at Leading Investment & Securities, BTS members will enlist together by the first half of 2022. In the research report, he stated, "We are expecting all BTS members to enlist together by the first half of 2022, and the actual break will be just about a year thanks to premade contents." He then rated "buy" for HYBE stocks with a price target of 340,000 KRW(about $304 USD), saying the label has other global artists to bridge BTS's enlistment hiatus.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of National Defense revised the Military Service Act to allow popular culture artists to postpone their enlistment until the age of 30 with the requirements that the individuals must be recommended by the Minister of Culture, Sports, and Tourism among the recipients of the Order of Cultural Merit on December 22, 2020.

If BTS becomes eligible, Jin, the oldest member of the group, can defer his enlistment until 2022 which makes all the members likely to enlist in 2022.

1618964509.JPG

What do you guys think about this prediction? This could be a great plan bc it would reduce the gap between the album releases. But at the same time, I think they could use it as a perfect time to start solo careers for the other BTS members. So enlisting in pairs doesn't sound bad either.

I'm sorry for bringing this up. I know enlistment is a sensitive topic. But I just wanted to see other's thoughts and have a discussion.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• who knows? Its a smart move imho. If they stunt enlistment it could be like 8-10 years before ot7 right?

Do it all in 2022 and they'll all be back for a big reunion in 2024, it's really not that long of a time.

• I think it’s a cool idea. Do regular promo in 2022 and enlist by the end of it. Have an album prepared for 2023 and be there for in person promo in the second half of 2024 I think it takes 18 months or less for some units to finish their duties

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• But Jin would have to enlist by then regardless. So even if they tour, it won't be OT7.

i mean, i know people don't want to hear it but they don't need all 7 to tour

if they all go in 2022, that means they won't be able to tour again, which is a huge source of income, until 2023 at the earliest. That's 2020, 2021, most of 2022, and 2023 then with no tour. That makes no sense

• I find it weird that Jk would enlist at that age, I'm not talking about whether it's right or wrong, but has there ever been an idol who enlisted at Jk's age?

• I find it weird that Jk would enlist at that age, I'm not talking about whether it's right or wrong, but has there ever been an idol who enlisted at Jk's age?

he would be around 25 right? That's not really young for enlistment but yeah, not many idols enlist that early.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• who knows? Its a smart move imho. If they stunt enlistment it could be like 8-10 years before ot7 right?

Do it all in 2022 and they'll all be back for a big reunion in 2024, it's really not that long of a time.

It's not even 2 years anymore. 18 months. So they come back second half of 2023.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Actually, I thought it was best to go in two groups to minimize loss of income. While RM, Jin, Suga, and Tae enlisted, Jungkook, Jimin, and J-Hope could have been a unit as 3J. But if they all go together, this can be good too, we wouldn't wait too long.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• 1) Jin currently has to enlist by the end of 2021, if BTS is eligible for the new postponement law that gives him two extra years, so he won't have to enlist until December 2023, not 2022.

2) In Big Hit's fillings when they went public this is what they said

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is Big Hit saying it, so it has way more weight than some analyst assumptions. The important part is "working around the schedule with flexibly with the bandmates who are available." That sentence implies the members will not enlist together.

So no I do not think they will enlist together.

• i kinda hope they will enlist in 2 group

In late 2022 : jin, suga, RM and one between jimin/v

3 the rest can make sub unit with jhope as a leader (and he likely second leader in bts anyway)

In early 2024 : Jhope, jk and one between jimin/v

in late 2024, 4 members who enlist first can make sub unit. So the gap in bts only few months.

But whatever their choose i will still support them

• I would also add, if they don't get the postponement then Jin has to enlist by the end of 2021, and if they do get it that's an extra 2 years. why accept the postponement just so you can use 6 months of it ? It wouldn't make sense.

On top of that because of corona there is no touring until 2022 and they've been saying how much they miss it, so I don't see the logic where somehow they can finally tour and if Jin is still around by 2022 that means he accepted the delay so they have 2 more years at that point, yet they're just gonna enlist without doing in the middle of the year ?

• I don't think they would want the two most popular members of the group, Tae and JK, to be in the military at the same time. So I think the 3J is a more plausible unit. BH low key promoting 3J quite while already.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!