Do you think kpop will reach a male audience?

• Well women still are the vast majority in kpop fandoms but I actually met more male kpop stans irl than female. It already reached them but I think only in a couple years, maybe a decade later the gender ratio of kpop stans will be more balanced. Monsta X have the biggest amount of male stans among bgs and yet fanboys still are a significant minority (20% vs 80%). It takes time. People still have a lot of prejudice against kpop and tbh, I can't blame them for that. But I do believe with time it will get more and more mainstream so with that, more fans of all kinds.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• If you talking about boy groups, well good luck with that. Most guys already cringe at girl groups so it's even worse with boy groups. Myself as a male have next to zero interest in boy groups.

Yet for some reason there is a boy group I can enjoy: Super Junior. I think I like them because 1/ they're older 2/ their music might be more gender neutral? Maybe? I don't know. When I listen to CLC's cover of Black Suit, it could very well be one of their own songs.

• No, it won't. Many straight man think that listening to a female artists will make them less manly, so they won't listen to girl groups. Since boy groups appeal to the boyfriend image, they think it will make them less straight, so they won't either. And since the large majority of the population is straight, voilà, you have your statistics.

I'm a straight man who's here for the music. I only have female acts in my signature, so it may seem controversial. But it's just that the vast majority of K-pop, both boys and girls, don't appeal that much to me musically. Also, as boy groups have zero appeal to me outside of their music, I can't bother joining the fandom. I prefer to stay as a casual listener. I think Dynamite and Life Goes On are great songs, for example, but I can't call myself an Army over that.

• No, it won't. Many straight man think that listening to a female artists will make them less manly, so they won't listen to girl groups. Since boy groups appeal to the boyfriend image, they think it will make them less straight, so they won't either. And since the large majority of the population is straight, voilà, you have your statistics.

I'm a straight man who's here for the music. I only have female acts in my signature, so it may seem controversial. But it's just that the vast majority of K-pop, both boys and girls, don't appeal that much to me musically. Also, as boy groups have zero appeal to me outside of their music, I can't bother joining the fandom. I prefer to stay as a casual listener. I think Dynamite and Life Goes On are great songs, for example, but I can't call myself an Army over that.

The only thing that makes them less manly is not doing something because of their own insecurities.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I assume you talk about western view on kpop. It's very bad, though with groups like BTS and Blackpink getting bigger and bigger the look on kpop is getting better. Stereotypes are kpop is full of fangirls sang by gay men or music for childrens. Most people never listened to kpop so they don't even know what they are talking about. When I started Kpop, the music that got me into it was Mic Drop. After that music i knew i was going to find everything i like here.

lol it’s true

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• As a straight male kpop stan, I'm here because of the music and perfomances. Visuals come very rarely into play and they are just complementary. I see a lot of pretty female idols but they are not near enough as an incentive to stan them .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!