Companies should stop buying youtube views for their groups

• WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD

they should stop buying youtube views when they can’t do it consistently!!! if you do it for one comeback make sure to do it for the next at a bigger scale or else you have the fans deluded into thinking yt has a personal vendetta against their groups.

now there’s a group whose yt stats i’d like to talk about. i’m not going to name them and people who guess who they are, please don’t post it in the replies because it’s not the groups fault and i don’t want them getting dragged. it’s the company’s fault for messing up with the fans

so basically, x had a comeback sometime last year and had record breaking views for a group not as popular. if i’m not mistaken they had over xxM (in the double digits, yes) views in the first DAY. and the likes were at the lower end of xxxK. fast forward one month and they double their views. now from that point to the next four months, they gained another 10M views and another four months later they only have a gain of 4M views... fans go around blaming youtube for purposely freezing their view count because 80% of their total views from the comeback to the present day came in the first one month alone.

now let’s move onto their next comeback a short while back. that mv didn’t do well at all. it still has okayish views but with the previous mv, it comparatively didn’t do well enough to show the growth in the fandom these past few months.

while i have nothing against companies buying out yt views, i think it’s unfair to the fans. these are inflated numbers that don’t show the true growth of the group and the streaming power of their fans. if you want to buy views, at least buy them spread apart. how can an mv make 80% of ALL its views in just the first month alone... it’s ridiculous

now let’s talk about txt. they have pathetic youtube views, let’s face it. but their growth has been steady and pleasing to see. crown had crazy good views because of their debut hype and run away flopped on yt after that hype died down. we had to get our big boy streaming pants on and it shows for blue hour. while still not exceptionally great and very mediocre, those views show a huge growth in the fandom. we’re still a long way from beating their debut mv views but at least i feel happy with how far we’ve come from their first comeback to their third. i think this satisfaction is far better than the one you get with inflated views. so thank you bighit for never buying views and letting it all happen naturally. our views are embarrassing but at least it shows our efforts :)

• I'm not sure which group u talking about cause many fit the description lol but yeah I agree, but mostly cause it's artificial popularity in itself and I consider it cheating for music shows.

Also I don't think txt's views are pathetic to be fair, they seem to do decently well and have likes to back them up

• I kinda want to know the name because it also depends on the songs for the low/high views.

But I agree about the TXT part. It's better to have motivation for growth than just getting inflated bought numbers first then 'decline' later.

• I'm not sure which group u talking about cause many fit the description lol but yeah I agree, but mostly cause it's artificial popularity in itself and I consider it cheating for music shows.

Also I don't think txt's views are pathetic to be fair, they seem to do decently well and have likes to back them up

exactly you get my point!! cheating for music shows and deluding the fans into thinking they’re a huge group is shitty on the companies part...

yeah i was exaggerating a little bit their views aren’t really THAT impressive yk. i’m just waiting for blue hour to cross 100M by the time their next comeback rolls around :cryingr:

• Couldn't it have just been a song hype that died out quickly? A song may get a lot of views because many people are checking it, but then they don't keep listening to it, so the views stagnate.

• I kinda want to know the name because it also depends on the songs for the low/high views.

But I agree about the TXT part. It's better to have motivation for growth than just getting inflated bought numbers first then 'decline' later.

the newer mv has a higher replay value but the previous one was a better song. it still doesn’t make sense as to why the previous comeback had such an odd view pattern

• Couldn't it have just been a song hype that died out quickly? A song may get a lot of views because many people are checking it, but then they don't keep listening to it, so the views stagnate.

it could be but i doubt it. the group should be big enough to pull out like tens of millions of views in just one day. hype builds up, it isn’t there from the green light

• exactly you get my point!! cheating for music shows and deluding the fans into thinking they’re a huge group is shitty on the companies part...

yeah i was exaggerating a little bit their views aren’t really THAT impressive yk. i’m just waiting for blue hour to cross 100M by the time their next comeback rolls around :cryingr:

I think they earned a lot of new fans with blue hour. I'm not really gonna stan them but probably a casual listener. They have the best music out of the 4th bgs imo

• I think ads work great for jyp groups. The ads really help in promoting them. Even if you remove the ads the groups have very good views.

I am not a fan of it but it's a promotional tool even if it's cheating to some degree and is inflation of popularity. Nugus use ads alot.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• as someone who is a sensible person, BUY THE VIEWS SPREAD OUT SO IT DOESNT LOOK TOO SUSPICIOUS

The point of buying views is not for it to show up on the counter alone. It’s ADVERTISEMENT.

It’s to get new ppl into the group so they will eventually organically check out your stuff. A new song is most likely to attract the most ppl. New or Newly Viral* the two best times for ads.

I know kpop fans are obsessed with charts but that’s actually not the primary purpose of an AD.

• The point of buying views is not for it to show up on the counter alone. It’s ADVERTISEMENT.

It’s to get new ppl into the group so they will eventually organically check out your stuff. A new song is most likely to attract the most ppl. New or Newly Viral* the two best times for ads.

I know kpop fans are obsessed with charts but that’s actually not the primary purpose of an AD.

yes advertisement is great and all. i literally said i have nothing against buying out yt views but doing it at such a massive scale just rubs me off in the wrong way. this group is not as nugu as one might think, they’re popular enough to hold their ground. it’s just the fans that i feel have been wronged. they have a significant fanbase so it’s crazy that the company does this.

jyp buys ads for every one of their group. but their ads run smartly. they do the necessary promo and get those extra views to secure their music show wins. that one website showed that only around 10M of their views come from ads which is great. now this is what i’d like to see from this particular group. buy views but don’t push it too much. it’s embarrassing for the fandom in the end

• Official Post

Someday fans are going to realize that YouTube views are just a number and not worth being this pressed over. :pepe-popcorn:

• Someday fans are going to realize that YouTube views are just a number and not worth being this pressed over. :pepe-popcorn:

they are just a number and i agree that they shouldn’t be given much priority. but in this time and age, they unfortunately ARE one of the many deciding factors of a groups popularity. you can’t just not care about them you know... i mean you stan nct right? sm wouldn’t have bought those ads for make a wish if they hadn’t cared too so. it’s tragic but the group, fans and the company cares about their views

• I don't really have an opinion about ads. I personally think ads are great but shouldn't be counted in YT views unless the person actually go and check out the video themselves, but what do I know.

I'm not sure which group you're talking about, and I'm kinda curious, but I know why you don't want to start a drama by calling names.

As for TXT, their views are fine ! What matters the most, especially for younger groups, is the growth not the numbers ! I know a lot of MOA were unhappy with Blue Hour's first day/week, but it really rised steadily :pepelove1:

• while i have nothing against companies buying out yt views, i think it’s unfair to the fans. these are inflated numbers that don’t show the true growth of the group and the streaming power of their fans.

Why should we care about this? Isn't the whole purpose for promotion? Having views or ad views whatever to promote the group?

If this actually contribute to making the group popular, why do we need to care about statistics? This is why I say 3rd/4th Gen all they care about now is breaking records and numbers

• :siptear:

Tell me more about how KQ buys this shit for ateez and that atiny doesn't stream their asses off. i mean I wouldn't know anything considering i left fireworks and several other vides on 24/7 repeat for 3 weeks straight cycling. but you know kq buys shit. tell me more.

:siptear:

Oh right i did the same shit for their kingdom introduction stage for a week too. but yeah tell me more...

Screenshot_4.png

• Ads main purpose is promotion not increase views, that's always been the case before kpop fans got obsessed over everything

Kpop fans: bulk buying and mass streaming 24/7 - non a ploblem cool

Also kpop fans: ads - ooh that's cheating

• This thread contains 50 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!