{𝕓𝕥𝕡𝕗} 🜲 BTS SPEAKS OUT ON HATE AGAINST ASIANS

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Let's discuss peacefully please.

• I think this is the first time they’ve personally addressed racism they’ve faced but even then they said their issues compared to others aren’t as big/ important.

I’m so happy they spoke out. They’re the biggest/ most popular Asian artists/ celebrities right now so I know this can bring more attention to the movements and hopefully a bit of comfort to a lot of their Asian fans

• I called it, I remember someone made a thread about why they weren't addressing this

The usual culprits

And here we have it

I feel like they're going to do something more, this is just an initial statement

• I think this is the first time they’ve personally addressed racism they’ve faced but even then they said their issues compared to others aren’t as big/ important.

I’m so happy they spoke out. They’re the biggest/ most popular Asian artists/ celebrities right now so I know this can bring more attention to the movements and hopefully a bit of comfort to a lot of their Asian fans

Agreed! This will definitely raise awareness.

• I called it, I remember someone made a thread about why they weren't addressing this

The usual culprits

And here we have it

I feel like they're going to do something more, this is just an initial statement

If they do donations, we may not hear about it unless the org they've donated to releases it.

• As Asian myself and has experienced some kind of racism when I was studying abroad, I can totally related to BTS’ experience. But I can’t imagine those who are in their own home country, but still being regarded as outsiders. I can only hope that some good will come out of all of these horrible events.

Thank you BTS for speaking out

The usual culprits

And here we have it

I made a thread, but most A.R.M.Y.s were against BH saying something, BTS speaking out was considered unimaginable, like they would never do it

• We know they've been facing it but to hear it straight from them just hits hard.

And using their platform to raise awareness of what many people including themselves are going through is amazing. My respect for them continues to grow.

Exactly my thoughts.

• I made a thread, but most A.R.M.Y.s were against BH saying something, BTS speaking out was considered unimaginable, like they would never do it

Who was against them speaking up?

They just shouldn't be obligated to

Anywho I said I think they will at some point

The usual culprits

And here we have it

I agree, I am expecting something too.

• It's cool once again they used their platform for social issues but their alarmingly American centric pov jumped out yet again...

If the anti Asian racist attacks of recent happened in let's say Germany or the Netherlands or even Australia , they wouldn't have acknowledged it at all... Just something I noticed anyways

• I don’t think they ever talked abt the racism that they faced, so even thought we see it, it’s more eye opening abt them talking abt it. As an Indian, the Asian hate crimes recently are terrible.

• Who was against them speaking up?

They just shouldn't be obligated to

Anywho I said I think they will at some point

The question was "Should Big Hit publicly speak out about the racism Asians are facing?"

Most said "No"

• It's cool once again they used their platform for social issues but their alarmingly American centric pov jumped out yet again...

If the anti Asian racist attacks of recent happened in let's say Germany or the Netherlands or even Australia , they wouldn't have acknowledged it at all... Just something I noticed anyways

There you go with the IFS again.. smh

Just say something positive and go

• The question was "Should Big Hit publicly speak out about the racism Asians are facing?"

Most said "No"

Barely half a dozen Armys voted in that poll. Anyway, glad BTS shut up your trolling.

• Proud is an understatement. :cryingk:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

I'm going to quote your hidden reply and say with no due respect, fuck right off.

They’re addressing racism they’ve faced and you want to say this................. goes to show YOURE willing to throw something as important as social justice and racism against Asians to the side as long as you get the opportunity to crap on BTS.

Anyways, please keep this thread positive and encouraging from here on out. Love you guys!!!

Cause unfortunately we live in a world where American incidents take centerstage. Even global news reporting and media highlight what happens in USA more than elsewhere, so people are bound to respond to that accordingly.

Also what is happening in USA right now is pretty alarming and seems to be very focussed anti-Asian racism and not just a few random attacks. Seeing how shootings in Atlanta targeted Korean women, this issue is something that has shook Korea too. So them speaking out on it isn't really them being too American centric.

Take #2947393 of you being a pathetic loser

• So proud of them for using their platforms in a positive way. They always give hope and comfort to those that need it most.

As Asians that promoted in the west they have always been subjected to racism from all sides but they have persevered but still kept their feet planted on the ground.

As RM have said, just being alive should be a reason to be respected. Others may not like them but the minimum you can do is at least give them respect as people. But obviously haters just can’t see past their own prejudice and blind hate.

🧈🌳🌱🧈 RM Wifenida 🧈🌱🌳🧈

38bb8dc71205c520373397212dfdb9c72e11cbcb.gif

• It's heartbreaking that anyone has to face hate, prejudice and discrimination just for existing. It's disgusting when people call such things a joke or say the people who have an issue with it are being too sensitive. I wish more people would see how damaging hand waving and minimizing certain actions are.

It's unfortunate that the usual culprits are out and about in this thread doubling down on what horrible people they are...

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

I really can not understand just exactly what goes on in your head. They spoke up about it yet here you are pointing out a non existent narrative that is in your head. You've been preaching about some American centric pov over and over for weeks. This isn't about some little fanwar that you seem to be stuck in.

A link for you to actually do something instead of being so insufferable.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Please keep this thread positive. Thanks.

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• It's heartbreaking that anyone has to face hate, prejudice and discrimination just for existing. It's disgusting when people call such things a joke or say the people who have an issue with it are being too sensitive. I wish more people would see how damaging hand waving and minimizing certain actions are.

It's unfortunate that the usual culprits are out and about in this thread doubling down on what horrible people they are...

Is it truly suprising tho?

• They’re addressing racism they’ve faced and you want to say this................. goes to show YOURE willing to throw something as important as social justice and racism against Asians to the side as long as you get the opportunity to crap on BTS.

Anyways, please keep this thread positive and encouraging from here on out. Love you guys!!!

Y'all are weird

Instead of questioning their silence on Global social issues & only focusing on American ones...

I remember when they donated 1M USD a few times last year & strangely enough it was all for American causes...only

• This thread contains 152 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!