How NOT to portray BTS in satire

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Would have appreciated the satire more if they didn't animate them looking bruised and afraid of that trophy hammer

If anything they've been dodging hits from the industry

They have a positive outlook overall, they aren't cowering

20210317_062137.jpg

Bruiser, bruises

In the current climate?

How did they think this would be bought?

Edit:

This is a card, just to clarify

Not just an image online but a product for sale

Although not anymore, it has been cancelled

Really though, which BTS fan would buy this?

Edited 3 times, last by Queeeenie ().

• Queeeenie

Changed the title of the thread from “Who thought this was a good idea?” to “[BTS] Who thought this was a good idea?”.
  • Sigh. Yet another brand trying to use BTS for dollars and not acknowledging them as artists. Yawn, same song second day. Don't give them likes/views/anything monetized.

• I still don't get the context of the illustration. Was he trying to say "BTS are tough fighters who are trying their best to win the Grammy, but get knocked down by white supremist Grammy voters"? I don't think he had bad intentions, but seems like he's taking violence against Asians as a joke. Also BTS just didn't win a Grammy, it's not like they were openly mocked or harassed by Grammys.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• I still don't get the context of the illustration. Was he trying to say "BTS are tough fighters who are trying their best to win the Grammy, but get knocked down by white supremist Grammy voters"? I don't think he had bad intentions, but seems like he's taking violence against Asians as a joke. Also BTS just didn't win a Grammy, it's not like they were openly mocked or harassed by Grammys.

I'm not sure

It was a change of tone from the other artists

It's in poor taste

No one finds it funny or very relevant

• On a day Asians were murdered in a shootout in Atlanta, USA

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited 2 times, last by paradis ().

• In a time when hate against Asians is on the rise, i think it's really insensitive

• I am asking to the western sh**,

Did BTS behave so respectfully towards the result of Winner announcement for this?

Did BTS worked for their whole life defeating & breaking prejudices for this?

When your own country's artist curse you right on your face but BTS remains humble for sake of the culture, tradition, reputation of their own country & Asia for this?

BTS is the representative of South Korea & Asia. By doing this, you guys prominently showed how creep you guys are. When Result came out, wetern stans & even kpopie said there was no racism. I Understand you guys dropped from womb today.

And losing? Didn't your darling artists also lose in nomination before in past? Where were you guys back then?

To those westerns,

Preaching over Globalisation is easy but hard to depict in works. And more harder for those who has the history of doing violence over other for centuries.

• Loved the way these Armys depict the whole situation with wise words.

And my question is also the same,

What BTS should have done on 15 march after all that happened to not getting this sh**

• Its seriously sad. The silver lining is that I hope the rap line will be inspired to write another cypher!

;( I am so sorry. You deserve everything good in this world

• ppl here lost their shit just 2 days before saying army a fandom was being toxic based on some tweets, yet I dont see a single soul speaking up when a kpop artist was being showcased in such a way in such a time.

• ppl here lost their shit just 2 days before saying army a fandom was being toxic based on some tweets, yet I dont see a single soul speaking up when a kpop artist was being showcased in such a way in such a time.

The reality is, if there is another kpop group that is not BTS, they would face the same prejudice too. BTS has been the one facing most of the hatred and ridicule, because they are at the forefront of the pack. I wish other fandoms could see that it’s not about BTS or ARMY. It’s about racism and prejudice and everyone should be loud about it. Especially if you’re loving kpop and asian idols.

Love that epik high has tweeted awareness about Asian hate that are on the increase now in the USA

• Just absolutely disgusting behaviour. Tone deaf and not even funny. I have a huge issue with satire publications anyway. They think they can spread offence in the name of free speech but all it is doing is spreading the normalcy of hate speech by the white privileged.

ppl here lost their shit just 2 days before saying army a fandom was being toxic based on some tweets, yet I dont see a single soul speaking up when a kpop artist was being showcased in such a way in such a time.

Lmao that was fake concern about the state of kpop to west folks. Ofc they won’t speak up now cos they treat every damn thing like it’s a fan war.

are you still falling for kpoppies high morality act . they are so transparent. they'll show their face only when it's a BTS or army bashing fest lmao!

the indignation should be beyond fandom wars but reality says otherwise so let's not be blind to that .

BTS is facing racist upon racist articles and the onslaught of hate tweets against them is at peak high . exponential like their fandom growth . that's the only consolation to me : our numbers . armys are here for BTS to defend them and we need no one.

• are you still falling for kpoppies high morality act . they are so transparent. they'll show their face only when it's a BTS or army bashing fest lmao!

the indignation should be beyond fandom wars but reality says otherwise so let's not be blind to that .

BTS is facing racist upon racist articles and the onslaught of hate tweets against them is at peak high . exponential like their fandom growth . that's the only consolation to me : our numbers . armys are here for BTS to defend them and we need no one.

Reminds me of the thread you made not so long ago. The away they ignored your points but here we have another example.

• This is what Billboard described the cartoon (before they deleted it)

They won't say anything cause this news is not violating their lust for seeing BTS's insult rather it is alluring their lust.

That's it.

• This thread contains 86 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!