Treasure keeps underperforming. Why?

• After 3 comebacks (and 1 of them being a full album) they seem to not click with the public

- they have not had their 1st win

- have sold less than other 4th gen bgs

- Keep failing to chart

But their stans told me they were the future or are they lying to themselves?

• Stream willow :dancer:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They are from YG so you know what people think of them...

literally every YG-company stan: "I like BLACKPINK/BIG BANG/AKMU/ WINNER/ iKON and they are popular so heck yes they will be rookie of the year!" that was what the majority said before TREASURE even debuted

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• A group who sold 1M albums in only 5 month underperform :clown:

I guess all gen4 groups are flop then since none of them charted and needed more 1.5 years to have their 1M sales.

People are so quick to call Treasure "flop" when they are only 5 months into their debut.

Worry for your fav instead. It'll not change the fact Treasure is the most talked group on Pann beside NCT and TXT since their debut and the fact they got new fans everyday despite the lack of promotions of YG. (I mean they only go on 2 music shows and finally could go on mnet this comeback).

Let them the time. Rome didn't build in one day.

Edit: Btw, in case you don't know it, Treasure comeback and debut were always in same time of BIG group. Or you expected seeing Treasure beat BTS, Blackpink or something? Even now, they are against G-idle who is argually one of top new GG now. Most of BG only got their 1st win after many months or even years too. Not sure why you thought Treasure would be different in this oversatured market?

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• I think Treasure is very stable and popularity is on the rise.

Every stats this comeback is better than last and they keep on trending everywhere including korean sites like pann.

Gahdamn even in AKP I see more threads about them from non fans liking their song, shading them. :siptear:

I think they're good :yesr:

• Mr Rogers Nightmare GIF - MrRogers Nightmare Clown GIFs

Clown Mcdonalds GIF - Clown Mcdonalds Wink GIFs

Happy Jolly GIF - Happy Jolly Clown GIFs

So many threads about Treasure today, y'all obsessed :P

STREAM MY TREASURE

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• gahdamn that Mcdonald gif is DISTURBINGGG :sweatr:

• I don’t think it’s that Treasure is “flopping” or “underperforming”. I just think people had this unrealistic expectation that Treasure’s debut was gonna be big like Bp. BP as a group is an anomaly in Kpop and it’s not often that we get a group successful at debut like them. Plus Treasure’s a boy group and the new ones aren’t charting that well anyway.

So just give Treasure time. Let them go at their own pace. :)

• See all guests and members on this thread.

Treasure effect.

Less 1 week with new AKP forum but already many trend thread about Treasure here. People must feel threatened by these talented kids of 15-21 years old :siptear:

And I can't with these people saying they NEVER heard about Treasure when they are competiting with big groups as most mentionned kpop group on twitter.

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• But yeah you are right, Treasure is flopping so hard right now, like wow I'm shook.

External Content twitter.com

• Honestly I did expect Treasure to perform a bit better with the recent comeback. The song is good and it seems to be what people have been asking them to do (bright concept, song with proper chorus) but their digital hasn't improved. Their MV views keep decreasing too.

YG needs to seriously do something about their marketing team, I think the promo for Treasure have been very slobby, there was no hype outside of fandom leading to single & album release. The fans asked for a change of stylist and make-up artist but YG never listened either, appearance is very important to rookies but they're been slacking on that front.

• Honestly I did expect Treasure to perform a bit better with the recent comeback. The song is good and it seems to be what people have been asking them to do (bright concept, song with proper chorus) but their digital hasn't improved. Their MV views keep decreasing too.

YG needs to seriously do something about their marketing team, I think the promo for Treasure have been very slobby, there was no hype outside of fandom leading to single & album release. The fans asked for a change of stylist and make-up artist but YG never listened either, appearance is very important to rookies but they're been slacking on that front.

Youtube views were always going to decline because they have comeback back to back really fast. Marketing is irrelevant they just need more Korean promo.

What the-

Umm Confused GIF - Umm Confused Blinking GIFs

So now the problem is the styling...

I'm not here to praise YGE but we can't deny that they really give everything for Treasure, did you know that Treasure is promoting on Mnet?

They do so much content, wait and see they're only 6 months old rookie, it's not because they're from YG that they have to break all the records at start.

• I don’t think it’s that Treasure is “flopping” or “underperforming”. I just think people had this unrealistic expectation that Treasure’s debut was gonna be big like Bp. BP as a group is an anomaly in Kpop and it’s not often that we get a group successful at debut like them. Plus Treasure’s a boy group and the new ones aren’t charting that well anyway.

So just give Treasure time. Let them go at their own pace. :)

They are selling well, but I think more people had higher expectations for them Digitally since the majority of YG acts, whether solo, BG, or GG are usually big digital monsters.

♥ My Love Is like Water ♥

311affc808fe8b84b748ffc0ba9642c4df6edb5b.gifvb8efbd7a179cbb92409a6f72934b5f19878bbc3e.gifvfb085854c6994cd9cf7d1e021583a8869dbf35d3.gifv525f540e2c36dad00d209964a89dc1f2f31c3627.gifv

• They are selling well, but I think more people had higher expectations for them Digitally since the majority of YG acts, whether solo, BG, or GG are usually big digital monsters.

I mean you say that but Ikon,Winner digital power has faded so did Akmu recent release and Su-hyun solo.

YG was a digital monster in different times it doesnt work like that anymore.

• This thread contains 185 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!