Why do kpop fans think that what chinese idols are doing is solely because of ccp pressure

• Exactly this is very true. This is why we have a housing problem here in Korea and i hear its the same in the USA rich chinese people buy houses and never live in them because the property is a safe way to tie up money without fear of the government taking it from them. The CCP can't touch the money if its tied up overseas. They go against China and boom they will lose everything, if not their freedoms or life. They will loose everything else. Only way they will go against them is if you can get them their family and friends and possibly their finances out of China permanently.

Not everyone in china is a brainwashed idiot. Let this sink in. There's no google, facebook, twitter etc in China most from china using allkpop and all these other apps do so secretly because they are not supposed to have it it's ilegal punishable by prison. These people often use a VPN to bypass the great firewall. That's a big majority of people who break that law. If they were " loyal" they wouldn't be doing it at all.

• I think a good portion of them along with the average Chinese truly believe their country is doing nothing wrong. Uyghur is of different religion, language and ethnicity there is little to sympathize with. People fear Islam and think the re-education camps( which as far as I know the only thing China admits to) are justified for a better life for future generations. No Muslim country is advocating for the Uyghurs, it’s all the “evil” west who wants to control China and hinder its growth and power. Throw BLM into the mix to show that the almighty west dismissing their own problems with minorities and you got yourself a good argument that your average Chinese won’t go against

Exactly. I believe they believe their government and their media. It doesn’t matter if they have access to other medias because their country debunks everything and they believe it. It’s not like they think those minority groups don’t matter but rather that those minority groups don’t exist or the struggle is exaggerated by the west. That’s why I wish Muslim countries do something for the Uyghur people. Idk I know nothing about politics and I know I sound childish but I wish they embrace them in Muslim countries if China is against them. But I better go fantasize about world peace while I am at it.

lt64IYu.gif

• Exactly. I believe they believe their government and their media. It doesn’t matter if they have access to other medias because their country debunks everything and they believe it. It’s not like they think those minority groups don’t matter but rather that those minority groups don’t exist or the struggle is exaggerated by the west. That’s why I wish Muslim countries do something for the Uyghur people. Idk I know nothing about politics and I know I sound childish but I wish they embrace them in Muslim countries if China is against them. But I better go fantasize about world peace while I am at it.

It has been done before with Rohingya People. It’s good short term but bad in the long run. As their case is not solved yet

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Victoria, Lay and Jackson are really about that life. They do the most extra that’s it’s off putting and makes you think if they really aren’t brainwashed.

Also, K-pop fans need to stop babying their idols. You cloud your judgment to believe your faves are innocent, good-doing idols when in fact most aren’t. Most of these Chinese idols are looking for a come up like Elkie and how she got dragged by c-netz for showing her fake patriotism for a career in China. If those c-netz are saying what some of us are here say it goes to show you how many know and just don’t care.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• It has been done before with Rohingya People. It’s good short term but bad in the long run. As their case is not solved yet

"Case is not solved"? What Myanmar did to the Rohingya was literally genocide and caused a refugee crisis in multiple countries. Let's call a spade a spade here. What China has been doing the the Uighur is also genocide.

• "Case is not solved"? What Myanmar did to the Rohingya was literally genocide and caused a refugee crisis in multiple countries. Let's call a spade a spade here. What China has been doing the the Uighur is also genocide.

I meant their case in UN and internationally hardly anyone talk about it and it’s extremely sad and unfair

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• LOL

People become celebrities to make a living, to help their families and enjoy the perks that come from being famous.

NOBODY becomes a celebrity because they want to “improve the world” or “fight for justice”. That image they push is PR, and the angle of the PR depends on what is at stake for them.

Being an entertainer is all about creating an illusion. In front of Westerners they’ll try to appear hip and cool, supporting BLM and LGBT. In front of Chinese they want to appear patriotic and extremely pro-Han Chinese. Their finances, families are all tied to China, so of course that takes precedence.

• we don't know if they really believe what they're saying or not, but it annoys me when people think chinese citizens have as much freedom to criticize their governement as western artists do. you can stop supporting them and call them out for sure, i myself would selfishly prefer that lay never comes back to exo, but just try to understand that even if they were completely against the ccp there's not much they can do. you can be against their actions, but try not to completely demonize these people.

china makes famous, incredibly rich people disappear pretty frequently. imo, actions against the ccp should be coming from the international community first, but there's still plenty of stuff that we buy and support everyday that directly benefits the ccp and we love cheap stuff too much to do anything about it.

• Because China historically has been an authoritarian state that has blacklisted artists and persecuted them and their families.

Look, these companies don't need the artists, they can find other spokespeople. You think it hurts Adidas if Jackson Wang won't model for them? Nah. You think Nike cares if a certain star refuses them? No. These companies are big enough that they'll find ways to promote regardless. The only thing accomplished by these idols stepping down is that they lose money, and they appease the Chinese state, which doesn't like it when people admit they're committing genocide.

buddy jackson wang is not even that influential

• Yes this is actually true, do some of the idols do it because they are brainwashed 10cent army? Yes but the vast majority aren't. If people would get their heads out of their own asses go live overseas for awhile, you will see just how dangerous the CCP is. What you just described in your post is 100% true that does happen should you not tow the party line.

• Yes this is actually true, do some of the idols do it because they are brainwashed 10cent army? Yes but the vast majority aren't. If people would get their heads out of their own asses go live overseas for awhile, you will see just how dangerous the CCP is. What you just described in your post is 100% true that does happen should you not tow the party line.

More Chinese travel overseas than any other people. They buy more overseas than any other country.

https://www.indexmundi.com/fac…tors/ST.INT.DPRT/rankings

More Chinese attend college overseas than any other people.

https://www.statista.com/stati…-us-by-country-of-origin/

Yet so many of them go back to China and support their country. So why wouldn't their idols?

North Korea doesn't let its people out. But China does and they let more people travel and learn overseas than ANY "free" nation.

North Korea can't create the wealth for its people to travel and buy luxury goods. But China creates more wealth than even "free" nations for travel and luxury goods. How many "evil" communist regimes can produce this kind of wealth like China? All of them are poor as hell like North Korea.

My guess is the Chinese know more of the outside world than people know about China. They support China because the government had made them wealthy and educated and they are happy with that. They probably feel that the outside world is jealous and want them poor. If that is the case then they'll fight like hell to protect their own.

So how can they believe these stories about the Uighurs when there are Uighurs everywhere in China including many of their top actors? And those accusations are coming from not muslim countries but from the US and the West who call China an enemy?

In fact, China just signed a huge deal with Iran and are sending vaccines to Turkey, UAE, Egypt, Pakutan, Bangladesh, etc. while the West rejects Chinese vaccines. Why are muslims so much friendlier to China? You think Chinese people and their idols don't notice this?

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• True and they support and believe the CCP because they brainwashed them, everybit of media is " the world is against us" and everything they see outside overseas contradicts that until a hot button issue comes up like the dangerous and fake vaccines Western countries reject and the whole concentration camps, genocides when that's brought up it reinforces that brainwashing. Overseas they think hmm maybe it's not as bad as we were told, then that comes up and boom yep the gov was right all along the world is bad. You see the biggest problem is how well the CCP hooked these people. Your average chinese can't differentiate them from the country which allows them to double down on nonsense. Criticism of the government is seen as direct criticism of them. Unlike other countries where people can tell the difference between themselves and the country

• True and they support and believe the CCP because they brainwashed them, everybit of media is " the world is against us" and everything they see outside overseas contradicts that until a hot button issue comes up like the dangerous and fake vaccines Western countries reject and the whole concentration camps, genocides when that's brought up it reinforces that brainwashing. Overseas they think hmm maybe it's not as bad as we were told, then that comes up and boom yep the gov was right all along the world is bad. You see the biggest problem is how well the CCP hooked these people. Your average chinese can't differentiate them from the country which allows them to double down on nonsense. Criticism of the government is seen as direct criticism of them. Unlike other countries where people can tell the difference between themselves and the country

I think the brainwashing theory is pure BS.

Countries that brainwash their people don't let their people leave the country -- completely opposite to what China does. Again, the North Korea or the old USSR kept their people from leaving. East Germans used to shoot people trying to escape to West Germany.

Because brainwashing never holds true in the real world which is why you need to brainwash people in the first place.

China floods the world with record amounts of tourists and students unlike N. Korea or the Soviet Union. So how does this "brainwashing" even work when those people experience directlty the "freedoms" and the "wealth" of the outside world?

How can China allow such freedom of movement and risk its people knowing the truth?

Maybe the truth is that China does very well for its people. People are growing wealthy. The infrastructure with its high speed rail and airports is world class. The cities with its metros functions even better than some in the West.

Maybe that is why Chinese people support their country. People will fight tooth and nail to support a country that is making lives better for them.

The truth is there is no way a country based on slave labor can create the world largest movie box office, buy the most luxury brands and have bars dedicated to the biggest physical buys for KPOP groups.

Slaves destroy the job market because who wants to pay for labor when you have slaves? But China has the most massively increased income for any country in the past four decades. And it is growing even now though it seems the US and the West is trying to stop this growth in wealth before it passes them.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

Edited once, last by VVisual ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!