My analysis on what happened with NJ!!

• I like to make my own threads even though they flop and I'm blaming you, akp, flop!

Anyway.

NJ debut was amazing like their consecutive eras, but we are seeing a drop in some areas and I'll say what I think about it.

KR charts: they are easily one of the best performing act there. They can put tt and bsides to chart high even now when a civil war is happening in their company and tbh they never needed others fandoms to chart in Korea that's why we don't see much of a difference or a drop in their charting. Like, top ggs just need their own fandom and gp.

Spotify: this is where they dropped the most and it's bc they had Hybe strategy that I won't call payola, but it's also something I don't consider that much "organic" and the support of the company stans, specially internationally. Without all of this we can see the size of tokkis and even thought some act like they are a flop now, their fandom size still makes them a top group.

Physical sales: they are still selling well like really well. I think releasing two albums so near each other wasn't the smartest idea, but it is what it is.

We can discuss more things that I didn't mention here bc I'm lazy, but I think NJ trajectory was interesting to say the least.

They started with a big support from multis and in less than two years all this support went straight to hell like we can see and now bc they aren't being so "dominant" people are calling them flops and others terrible names, but I actually think this will change nothing bc what matters is having your own fandom and making sure to get bigger. People are acting like they will disband tomorrow when they still have 5 years to either grow or flop like this isn't the end of the world.. unless they do disband with this whole thing so we'll forget this thread :meme-life-support:

But what I'm saying is that NJ are having a growth like any other top group with only their fans and gp. It's ok, they are doing good. And it should be like this since day1 tbh.

Anyway, idc what you think about x, y or z user, I'm talking about NJ the girls. :thumbup:

Stream Attention for better life :pepemusic:

• I like analysis, and as a top group, they are not flopping, there is a difference in how we can view the current result. I do wonder how the fans would react in the future if other Hybe ggs started doing better internationally because the amount Hybe stans they lost will have an effect and had to transfer somewhere. Furthermore, I do think NJ needs company stans even if fans say they don't because let's face with, all the big 4 girl group's strongest mouths were run by company stans. A good analysis, nevertheless.

• I like analysis, and as a top group, they are not flopping, there is a difference in how we can view the current result. I do wonder how the fans would react in the future if other Hybe ggs started doing better internationally because the amount Hybe stans they lost will have an effect and had to transfer somewhere. Furthermore, I do think NJ needs company stans even if fans say they don't because let's face with, all the big 4 girl group's strongest mouths were run by company stans. A good analysis, nevertheless.

Oh, I don't think company stans did much for them tbh, I still think 70% of their strength on Spotify last year was bc of Hybe strategy and Illit, LSF and any other gg from Hybe got/will get this same help.

• Oh, I don't think company stans did much for them tbh, I still think 70% of their strength on Spotify last year was bc of Hybe strategy and Illit, LSF and any other gg from Hybe got/will get this same help.

I was thinking NJ had such strong Hybe stans turn out since the beginning was due to how they debuted out of nowhere. A lot of the Army/Hybe stans were exposed to them since get go to amass a very massive following.

Aside from Hybe strategy, one of the peaks of having company stans support is the extra benefit comes with it like noise, hype and SNS promotion from them. I think all Hybe ggs minus fromis_9 has it, just that NJ had much bigger followings than expected.

• I was thinking NJ had such strong Hybe stans turn out since the beginning was due to how they debuted out of nowhere. A lot of the Army/Hybe stans were exposed to them since get go to amass a very massive following.

Aside from Hybe strategy, one of the peaks of having company stans support is the extra benefit comes with it like noise, hype and SNS promotion from them. I think all Hybe ggs minus fromis_9 has it, just that NJ had much bigger followings than expected.

Uhm, I think sns noise and promotion was indeed an advantage, but on Spotify I don't see it that way.

• Yes, it's actually sad seeing all this hate from all sides.

I understand.

I miss the times (sounding like an old lady now, but it's only like 2 months ago) when a NJ comeback was something that was celebrated everywhere.

See some people now hating ARMY, but there are quite a lot of ARMY on NJ side. I think some people underestimate how much ARMY hate HYBE.

Don't forget Bang didn't even know Taehyung after he was a trainee for quite a long time and Taehyung called him out on that for not knowing him when he greeted him. ARMY remembers though ;-)

• Uhm, I think sns noise and promotion was indeed an advantage, but on Spotify I don't see it that way.

If a song gets viral due to noise and promotion, it boosts numbers even more on all platform including Spotify, that's the beauty of having such advantage non-big 4 companies doesn't often get. I guess we think differently. :thumbup:

• Tbf army situation are like blinks where the bad ones are always involved in fights and loud, but there are still really good ones in the fandom. Unfortunately in this whole mess the bad ones even here are also loud.

• If a song gets viral due to noise and promotion, it boosts numbers even more on all platform including Spotify, that's the beauty of having such advantage non-big 4 companies doesn't often get. I guess we think differently. :thumbup:

No, I can see your point. Interesting.

• I experiment this with other faves and It's the best feeling as a fan to know being hated/disliked on K-pop Community has zero impact on their career.

Having so much support from them was toxic to NewJeans, so much token stanning. But I believe they are breaking free!

Yeah, I know it too well too. It's like they are finally starting as a fandom.

• They aren't flopping, but internationally and in Japan so far its not looking great.

Their 5 hit songs, Hybe Boy, Attention, ETA, Ditto, Super Shy, were all collected up for the group before their debut by Hybe.

These 4 most recent songs are all pure MHJ, and while they are good songs, they are not great songs.

What MHJ didn't do in the last 2 years was convert all the masses of casual listeners into fans, because she gatekept the members and promoted herself instead.

• I still think their music is good.

And tbh I don't keep up with their solo activities that much, I do know they go to fashion stuff so I don't understand how MHJ promoted herself more when all I saw about NJ was about the members. I think they just need time like any other group to grow their fanbase. For now they are just sweet girls like I do think we need to see more of their sides, but it matches their concept and image.

• They aren't flopping, but internationally and in Japan so far its not looking great.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    External Content x.com

External Content x.com

:meme-sure-jan::meme-thats-cap:

• It's funny bc i know you read everything, David. Embarrassing try.

I don't read everything. I have to sleep, eat and work. I don't have enough time to read all the daily threads about HYBE and YG groups.🤣 I had to hire someone for this. In HYBE threads, Yama doing the reading for me. I'm just laughing and trolling. :meme-hide-the-pain:

But to answer your question or something like that:

I think NewJeans will disband eventually, and they will redebut as OldSkirts.

• One stat Spotify Global 200, clearly shows how a group is going globally.

Whats hilarious is to cope with MHJ's under-performing results, people spamming 20 others cherry picked stats no one gives af about.

Total streams is largely based on songs that Hybe already lined up for them predebut. Fact is, the new 4 promoted songs are under-performing, since even BM did better than them.

• Ofc they are not a flop, but they went from a Blackpink/Twice potential competitor to a Sistar level of fame. Which is fine, Sistar was a Korean digital Queen. Honestly NJ being dragged through the mud rn is because their "fans" set them up (especially here on allkpop).

• Ofc they are not a flop, but they went from a Blackpink/Twice potential competitor to a Sistar level of fame. Which is fine, Sistar was a Korean digital Queen. Honestly NJ being dragged through the mud rn is because their "fans" set them up (especially here on allkpop).

Uhm, nope when internationally they are still big. We'll see their real "size" with a tour tbh, but digital wise they are doing good.

Edit: btw the Twice sneak when internationally digital wise they aren't on the same level as BP, sorry.

• They're not flopping in Korea but definitely underperforming. They're third in peak ULs behind Aespa and Jennie. In fact, their ULs are similar to Bibi/Idle/IIIIT levels. Sweet and Bubblegum will be their first comeback without a #1 and their ULs have fallen way behind last year's.

I think 4th gen's peak is over. If Youngji continues to shoot up and ends both Supernova and Supernatural, i think you can call it for sure. I think the Hybe/MHJ scandal ended everyone in 4th gen tbh, when historians look back on this era, they will point to the scandal as the straw that broke the camel's back.

What a waste. Everyone got hurt. NJ, LSRFM, IIIIIT, Idle, Ive, even Aespa (even though their fans are probably dreaming of a glorious future charting run that will never happen), the long term damage has been done and 4th gen will never reclaim its peak glory years of June 2021 - June 2024.

• They're not flopping in Korea but definitely underperforming. They're third in peak ULs behind Aespa and Jennie. In fact, their ULs are similar to Bibi/Idle/IIIIT levels. Sweet and Bubblegum will be their first comeback without a #1 and their ULs have fallen way behind last year's.

I think 4th gen's peak is over. If Youngji continues to shoot up and ends both Supernova and Supernatural, i think you can call it for sure. I think the Hybe/MHJ scandal ended everyone in 4th gen tbh, when historians look back on this era, they will point to the scandal as the straw that broke the camel's back.

What a waste. Everyone got hurt. NJ, LSRFM, IIIIIT, Idle, Ive, even Aespa (even though their fans are probably dreaming of a glorious future charting run that will never happen), the long term damage has been done and 4th gen will never reclaim its peak glory years of June 2021 - June 2024.

I think 4th gen top ggs were just never consistently in the top like being the #1 gg for more than two years. We'll still have national hits from them (the 4th gen ggs in general) and HybexMHJ situation changed nothing to groups that aren't from Hybe imo.

• I mean well at least they are charting high on Japanese music shows. :scaredy-bee: Them and Baemon have been charting pretty well on those despite not doing so in Korea. They just performed yesterday their new singles and OMG.

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

it started with next level by aespa. fitting it'll end with aespa armageddon.

5th gen will see the same pattern as 4th gen with the combo of babymon then illit for a good 1-2 yrs then smgg and tbl will finish it off with 1-4 top gg of 5th gen just like the 1-4 top of 4th gen

great minds think alike

:meme-conspiracy: :meme-how-about:

• it started with next level by aespa. fitting it'll end with aespa armageddon.

5th gen will see the same pattern as 4th gen with the combo of babymon then illit for a good 1-2 yrs then smgg and tbl will finish it off with 1-4 top gg of 5th gen just like the 1-4 top of 4th gen

great minds think alike

:meme-conspiracy: :meme-how-about:

I agree with both of you. Amazing analysis!!

We shall be regarded as the greatest minds, but some people just don't like facts being said out loud.

Thanks to Blackpinkhouse, we have a working theory about the incoming end of 4th gen with aespa and start of 5th gen as predicted.

:meme-happy-cry:

• I agree with both of you. Amazing analysis!!

We shall be regarded as the greatest minds, but some people just don't like facts being said out loud.

Thanks to Blackpinkhouse, we have a working theory about the incoming end of 4th gen with aespa and start of 5th gen as predicted.

:meme-happy-cry:

dont mind me tho, i just be saying anything at times.

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!