Idols not being able to sing is so wild to me

• Idk whether it is because I've always been surrounded by talented people but I know so many people that can sing really well. None of the have gotten any vocal classes but they sound very stable.

I find it really weird how bad some of the idols are. I understand not everyone is Whitney Houston but it always seemed to me that holding a note isn't too hard. Especially if you get trained, like I don't understand how you can still be that bad.

• i'm sorry i can't 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

i do agree with this but coming from your mouth it's the most hypocrites thing i've ever seen in my life

man is trying to say he care about vocals and can't understand idol who can't sing meanwhile you were defending momo for her bad vocals and writing pavey, with lame and stupid excuse like she's a dancer she doesn't need to be able to hold a note because she didn't train for this -_-

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

• Many people are tone deaf. You can get singing lessons to correct it (I assume) but many kpop idols just get picked on their looks and not their talents, and that's why later on they run into all these problems with live singing. The more these idols sing without proper training the more their vocals are going to deteriorate.

The only solution is to stop debuting these idols that are clearly tone deaf. Another thing is many idols natural voices don't suit pop music. You can sing in a lower tone but you have to know how to at least support those low notes so they sound good. (Which of course these idols don't know at all.)

i do agree with this but coming from your mouth it's the most hypocrites thing i've ever seen in my life

man is trying to say he care about vocals and can't understand idol who can't sing meanwhile you were defending momo for her bad vocals and writing pavey, with lame and stupid excuse like she's a dancer she doesn't need to be able to hold a note because she didn't train for this -_-

I never defended not just Momo but any Twice member when it comes to singing and I've been always critical about JYP's half air half voice stupid vocal technique, you're mixing me with someone else :pepe-hips:

• This is BOYBAND MUSIC SUNG IN KOREAN.

Why are so many weird Kpop stans turning POP MUSIC into some insane Americas Got Talent spinoff?

If you want vocals, stick to solo artists, Broadway and Opera.

I laugh my asses off on TW when i see dumb fans showing off their faves live vocals when 99 percent of the time the live vocals are either fraudulent (backtrack or autotune) or just horrible sounding screaming and missing every note. Even fans of nugu groups are doing this. It's like flexing for a selfie when you're built like Gollum, it's crazy.

Everytime someone wants to start ranting about vocals, imma put up another Mori video so you can see how embarassing it would be if your faves were forced to match up against A TRUE VOCALIST in a live setting. This is Mori at 70 percent of her peak, with busted vocal chords and terrible audio quality. Imagine your piddly main vocalist being forced to go onstage after this :pepe-peek:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well... I guess some of them might be better at rapping or dancing than they are at singing.

Big Ocean seems like they can't sing live (which I guess has to do with the fact that the members are hard-of-hearing) and the focus is maybe more on their dancing.

Speaking of deaf artists, I know that there was that BOYS24 contestant, Kim Hongin, who seemed to not do well when he was singing a cover of "At Gwanghwamun", but he seemed to be a really good dancer.

He didn't end up in the lineup, and he hasn't become a kpop artist. I think he is just a dancer.

You agree? Stanning the people you do? Are you sure? :meme-side-eye:

• Idk whether it is because I've always been surrounded by talented people but I know so many people that can sing really well. None of the have gotten any vocal classes but they sound very stable.

I find it really weird how bad some of the idols are. I understand not everyone is Whitney Houston but it always seemed to me that holding a note isn't too hard. Especially if you get trained, like I don't understand how you can still be that bad.

bro i’m still confused why magnetic pre-recording sounded good but then we got the encore and…

there wasn’t even any high notes in magnetic🧍‍♀️

c1ea4c7eeecef1995cef902ff6def520902e9d53.gifv

(that one minjeong stan😻)

• Mmm, wild to me is the fact some people are deceived by big companies and believe idols who can't sing shit in encores can later be really good in concerts or other "lives" presentations. "Im like: Girl, is a trick, the company is making a fool of you, that is not live, stop defended that like if was"

• bro i’m still confused why magnetic pre-recording sounded good but then we got the encore and…

there wasn’t even any high notes in magnetic🧍‍♀️

I realised that so many HYBE songs have this problem where the idols all sound good in the recorded version but when it comes to their actual live performance it's like a completely different person is singing .. .....:pepewhat:

I'm guessing they're relying too much on their audio engineers splicing together one take from the 500 takes of them singing + autotune which is why so many of these idols are straining so hard just to pull of their own part :thinkerpepe:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• I realised that so many HYBE songs have this problem where the idols all sound good in the recorded version but when it comes to their actual live performance it's like a completely different person is singing .. .....:pepewhat:

I'm guessing they're relying too much on their audio engineers splicing together one take from the 500 takes of them singing + autotune which is why so many of these idols are straining so hard just to pull of their own part :thinkerpepe:

lol if you think this is a Hybe thing.

This could be said about every damn idol out there except for a precious few, very very few ever sound like the official audio versions.

Here is what a true vocalist sounds like.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is what your faves actually sound like (i'm not bashing Stayc at all either, they are literally the only group out there besides Lesserafim that put out a true raw audio feed live, they deserve props for their courage). I'm just proving a point that nobody should be wanting to hear raw live vocals from their faves.

• you're acting like people are asking for these kpop idols to be world class singers :pepe-hips: all people are asking for is for them to be able to pull off their own parts, you don't think its ridiculous that a singer who only has one verse in a 3minute song isn't able to sing it live without straining or missing the notes?

I'm just proving a point that nobody should be wanting to hear raw live vocals from their faves.

and you don't see the problem with this? ... :pepe-cringe:

* this also doesn't even apply to all kpop idols so dont drag the entire industry like that :pepe-life-support:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Youre one to talk dreams. Twice can't make a sound resembling singing on Helium

Outdated take.

• I dont remember any fans of NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, New Kids, Spice Girls going around and bragging about their faves vocals, demanding that rival groups "sing live", or being all around competitive about vocals of all things.

This is why all this insano ass energy from Kpop stans flexing about their fave vocals is so damn weird to me. I grew up when modern boyband music was born, back in the 80s and 90. Not a soul on earth ever cared if their faves were singing live or lipsyncing during a concert, radio show, talk show. Folks were drooling over their looks, jumping up and down with their songs, etc etc. Back then almost all TV performances were lipsynced, fans didnt care, they were screaming and fainting at seeing them live.

Now we've got literal dissertations from Kpop fans acting like "vocals" are a thing in boyband music. They go crazy over the completely mid vocals of their faves. I dont wanna name names or link to tweets but i cant help but give them my loudest boomer laugh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!