[theqoo] THE GIRL GROUP WHO IS 7 YEARS INTO THEIR DEBUT YET HAVE 0 SALARY

• It's Fromis_9

image.png

They didn't get paid...

This is so wrong no...?

Don't tell me this company is as trashy as I thought?

Ps. I know it is... "

1. There are lots of idols who have well-known names in the idol industry and yet have never received a pay though

2. I can't understand Fromis_9 not getting paid when Hybe didn't even pay their training period...

3. Pledis has always been a mess with their girl groups after After School

4. Why? They had no training period so they don't need to pay back the training days, and they're going on concerts too and so many events...?

5. It makes no sense....

6. No but their core fandom is super solid and I feel like they're selling well as female idols

7. Huh? I never thought that a group like Fromis_9 wouldn't get paid. I thought that girl groups in big companies would get paid well...

8. This is just wrong

9. No but f*ck, they're a girl group who sold out the Jangchung venue and they have 0 pay?

10. HYBE

Never mind !! Haha

• we need some police there

:pepe-badge::pepe-cop:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It might be about ongoing costs of living or such?

I'm relatively certain that while the company is the one taking care of paying for accomodations and such (dorms at least), it's not "free". Those costs would be added to a group's tab and their earnings would go to paying off that tab before being being shared amongst members.

And even then each member might be having an individual tab for food/clothes and so on.

Pair that with groups possibly also having to pay a share of the costs of production for cb depending on contracts... You end up with a lot of groups who basically pay for themselves (and as such continue to exist/receive comebacks and so on) but not to have a surplus of money they can put in the bank (and thus are never really "paid" as we would understand it).

Or maybe pledis is just trash.

edit : while selling more albums these days is great, it's not BIG money for the actual performing artists, how are their touring/festival numbers? If they have success here but are still in the hole, then it's pretty sus.

• People are already looking for excuses lol

while selling more albums these days is great, it's not BIG money for the actual performing artists, how are their touring/festival numbers? If they have success here but are still in the hole, then it's pretty sus.

200k is absolutely solid number even these days, group which sells that much should absolutely be paid and fromis9 has very dedicated fanbase in SK and they do really well on festivals.

As you can see

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• edit : while selling more albums these days is great, it's not BIG money for the actual performing artists, how are their touring/festival numbers? If they have success here but are still in the hole, then it's pretty sus.

eunbi literally just bought a house for 2 billion won coz of festival alone.
    and ive been seing fromis 9 fancam popping off here and there on my twt tl that mean they've been going to festival here and there.

200k is absolutely solid number even these days, group which sells that much should absolutely be paid and fromis9 has very dedicated fanbase in SK and they do really well on festivals.

As you can see

External Content x.com

They sold above 100k in 2022, before they were selling below 60k.

Even though they are doing festivals, I doubt there is a lot of money to be made, since I imagine the amount they will pay is according to the popularity of the artist.

You have to compare what is comparable. 200k for a GG 5 years ago meant you were top 3 GG and could demand to be treated/paid as such. But these days it just means you have sold 200k albums. And pure album sales, once you have taken the cut from producing the physical units and their content, the royalties for lyrics/composing/producing and for the company, don't leave much for the artists unfortunately.

But they do seem to be booked for fesivals and such, so maybe they are indeed getting screwed over by Pledis.

• You have to compare what is comparable. 200k for a GG 5 years ago meant you were top 3 GG and could demand to be treated/paid as such. But these days it just means you have sold 200k albums. And pure album sales, once you have taken the cut from producing the physical units and their content, the royalties for lyrics/composing/producing and for the company, don't leave much for the artists unfortunately.

But they do seem to be booked for fesivals and such, so maybe they are indeed getting screwed over by Pledis.

I don't even understand why pledis keep them around.

Pledis could have debuted a new girl group that would make way more money for them, but I guess they are focusing on boy groups right now.

• eunbi literally just bought a house for 2 billion won coz of festival alone.
    and ive been seing fromis 9 fancam popping off here and there on my twt tl that mean they've been going to festival here and there.

8 members vs 1 member. so the cut each members makes will be 1/8 of what Eunbi makes (if the fee is the same)

I do get your point, the girls should be making money out of those festivals.

The question is how much debt are they carrying.

• You have to compare what is comparable. 200k for a GG 5 years ago meant you were top 3 GG and could demand to be treated/paid as such. But these days it just means you have sold 200k albums. And pure album sales, once you have taken the cut from producing the physical units and their content, the royalties for lyrics/composing/producing and for the company, don't leave much for the artists unfortunately.

In today's world number like 200k is reserved for mid tier groups. I need people to realize that there is middle ground between top group and nugus, mid tier groups definitely can earn for good living.

• They sold above 100k in 2022, before they were selling below 60k.

Even though they are doing festivals, I doubt there is a lot of money to be made, since I imagine the amount they will pay is according to the popularity of the artist.

In time when they were selling around 60k that was also considered solid number for mid tier group. No matter how you guys try to spin this there is 0 reason for group like fromis 9 not to get paid when groups who are less successful than them get their salaries.

• In time when they were selling around 60k that was also considered solid number for mid tier group. No matter how you guys try to spin this there is 0 reason for group like fromis 9 not to get paid when groups who are less successful than them get their salaries.

Before going to pledis, aren't they managed by three different agencies or something, like that?

I remember that a lot of these survival show groups are like that.

I mean, the pie is already small...

• listenining to some company stans 200K is a lot even today how many girl groups sell that much other big 4, gidle, I've and stayc, most other don't sell as much of them, and have pretty successful careers and they chart pretty decently as well, this just excuse-making, Billie selling nearly 100k is considered successful to tripleS sales considered a success get a wage but fromis_9 sales, aren't because they don't sell as well as other big 4 groups still better than 95% of other groups this is mistreatment not newjeans

• Someone should try this

External Content x.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!