Is it possible that Illit replaces NewJeans?

• Can Illit replace NewJeans? 44

1. Yes (20) 45%
    2. No (24) 55%

Some people in Hybe seem to think that Illit can replace NewJeans.

The main argument against it is while Newjeans had the potential to be big in the West, Illit does not.

I can now understand why Youngseo was cut - she was in Ador and might have proven to be more loyal to MHJ than others, just as Minju is more loyal to YG than Hybe, and Iroha is more loyal to JYP than Belift. Hybe is just a job for them.

I have pointed out that only Wonhee is truly loyal to Hybe, and Moka a bit less since she came from Hybe Japan, a subsidiary, like what APink was to Cube (Apink was run by a company called ACube, owned by Cube but managed separately, before it was sold to Kakao)

The main difference is from the start Illit was geared toward Japan.

I hjave said many times that Japan is like a huge honey trap for virtually all KPop acts.

Japan brings revenues, but efforts to gear an act toward Japan does cut from their overseas activities which might show a greater payoff.

Twice became popular in USA , albeit a bit later than what it would have mattered the most, because it had an American (initially). That possibility ended for Illit when Chanelle was cut.

When Wonhee, who was literally picked up at a street, was added its fate was sealed - it would have a path not too different from GFriend, a nuisance but never to be that dominant.

It did tick off Min Heejin enough to make her strike out, but it was not really on the path for global relevance.

With the change of the strategic situation the fate of Illit would have changed a bit, but I still stand with my opinion that it would not reach the success level NewJeans was about to reach if MHJ did not get ticked off by Illit.

If Hybe wants a girl group with a world domination potential, it is likely that it will debut a new act, probably in late 2025 after it would have become clear that BTS won't recover its past height, and will just put Illit to be used mostly in Japan.

• I mean that was initially the plan until everything was revealed to the public. They could and would still try though.

They should have gotten a member or two to be fluent in English if they had wanted to replace NJ in the west though.

• I'm not following the news but it doesn't make sense for HYBE to replace Newjeans when they can make so much money with the both of them. I know ppl say Illit are copy cats but if we are taking their debut songs, those are not appealing to the same demographic.

Same, Newjeans brand is just so big. Last year, if I'm not mistaken, they were the only group in Hybe that didn't go on tour and only had one fan meeting concert, yet they still ranked third in overall profits for Hybe's Kpop subsidiaries purely from their sales and advertisements alone. And now, they are selling out their two-day Tokyo Dome fan meeting with 55,000 attendees. Their potential is huge so this situation now is even more pitiful for them.

But seeing how Bsh really seems petty about their success and Hybe decided to give them a long 'vacation,' I didn't have much hope left. They didn't bother to do that for their other groups like Lsf and txt when both are still less than two years old or when they finished their tours.

• Not even the slightest chance. If Illit wants a name for themselves they need their own identity, they will never be able to do that if they keep copying everything Newjeans do better in the cringest way possible. Which is a pity since they absolutely have the resources to make something cool and original, and I find Magnetic tons better than Attention.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Newjeans does not have legacy to be replaced. I think it's too early to talk about both groups in that way. The more correct question may be "who can replace Twice" or "Who can replace BP"

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!