Illit - BabyMonster rivalry could have been avoided - will it change BM's future?

• About 2200 years old, Xiang Yu, the King of Chu, and Liu Bang, the Emperor of Han Dynasty, were fighting for the complete control of China. Despite of the title of Xiang Yu seemingly lower, his military power was superior and Liu Bang was getting hammered everywhere.

Liu Bang had a general called Han Xin, who was a lieutenant under Xiang. Liu , trying to break the disadvantageous situation, sent Han Xin, who had joined Liu Bang because Xin had no opportunities under XIang.

Han Xin led 30,000 to conquer the northern state of Zhao, which was allied to Xiang. The King of Zhao and the Prime Minister commanded a force said to be 200,000. Whatever the number was, it was significantly larger than Xin's forces.

Xin's forces were mostly untrained and could flee.

Han Xin decided to position his untrained troops just before a river, so if they retreated they would have no choice falling into the water.

Zhao's much more numerous forces attacked Xin's forces , planning to drive them into the riverbed. However, with their backs on the water, Xin's forces fought like what, while Han Xin himself had sent a detachment, no more than 1,000, behind the lines to raise his flag behind the Zhao lines.

The much larger Zhao forces collapsed, and the King and Prime Minister of Zhao was captured by Han Xin and killed. Xiang Yu lost a huge ally in that region, and that was the beginning of the end of XIang.

A former trainee ruining his former boss.

===

BabyMonster was 4 years in the gestation, full of fanfare although not without its hiccups as its most promising member did not join for whatever reason, and it debuted two times, November 2023 and April 2024. (I only count the first one.)

And when it debuted, it was said to be the second coming of BlackPink, with the world watchimg.

Its members trained for more than 4 years, except the Thais who trained for about 3 years.

I don't think anyone in YG, or , indeed, Hybe entertained the idea that Illit would become a deadly rival of BabyMonster.

Illit was in gestation for less than 9 months , starting with R U Ready at the end of 2023.

It had Park Minju, the YG Trainee who trained with BabyMonster; Noh Yunah, who was with Fantagio, two Japanese members who cannot sing to save their lives, and one who did not know where she was at. From the few available clips of them, it seems it is hard for Minju and Moka to hide the fact that they are 'uncomfortable' with Wonhee, whom, they might think, had taken the spot of someone they knew and were more attached with. There seems to be 2 factions in there, Minju-Moka and Yunah (who spent the better part of her trainee days at Fantagio and came to Hybe later than Minju)-Wonhee, with Iroha in the middle but likely to side with Moka since both are Japanese.

Most of Magnetic is sung by Minju, with the Japanese members given short lines and Wonhee mostly 'singing' the meaningless 'bae bae' and the first and last lines.

By doing so Belift , or Hybe, brought the older YG style to Hybe, while post-Teddy YG had abandoned the familiar YG style which led Big Bang, 2NE1 and BlackPink to huge success.

Illit is likely to win today's Inkigayo and Baemon is on the list of performers there. While it is likely that its perf will be prerecorded and it won't stay to bother to watch its former trainmate winning the first #1 from Inkigayo, the long playground of YG acts, it would be strange that a former trainee completely derails the plans of an entire company, who had put everything on BabyMonster, something nobody in Hybe and YG planned about.

(It is certain that Hybe did not really think too much about Illit's debut song, since it promoted txt within 2 weeks , making it collide with Illit at Music Bank and Music Core, something the txt members probably did NOT expect)

Magnetic might go down with the most successful 'YG' song in the recent years, possibly even the next 'Gee'. Which might signficantly change the course of Baemon.

It didn't have to be this way, but the circus around Ahyeon led to this disaster for BM.

• ILLIT lost a member, underwhelming survival show, and didn't have the pre debut hype a Hybe GG should have, so YG decided to (re)debut BM 1 week after them to kill any momentum ILLIT might gain during their debut.

We all know what happened next.

• WTF???? Who made this up??????

Random pockets of antis from both fandoms that have nothing productive going on in their lives????

[ Sighs deeply in disappointment ]

• ILLIT lost a member, underwhelming survival show, and didn't have the pre debut hype a Hybe GG should have, so YG decided to (re)debut BM 1 week after them to kill any momentum ILLIT might gain during their debut.

We all know what happened next.

BM had already debuted, and so no one was fooled when YG claimed BM had 'debuted'. Fans are not as soft as some companies might think.

Given that txt promoted soon after Illit debuted it is certain that nobody in Hybe thought Illit would go this far at debut

• Just last year when they were gearing up for the debut, their fans were screaming "newjeans enders" and now they are suddenly "I'llit's rivals"?

That is how it had ended up

YG did not plan well about this

Even the title of 2NE1's successor might pass to Illit whose main vocalist, someone who trained with BM, reproduces the YG sound better than BM themselves.

• WTF???? Who made this up??????

Random pockets of antis from both fandoms that have nothing productive going on in their lives????

[ Sighs deeply in disappointment ]

Such is life, Not everything in life has to be productive

• From the few available clips of them, it seems it is hard for Minju and Moka to hide the fact that they are 'uncomfortable' with Wonhee, whom, they might think, had taken the spot of someone they knew and were more attached with. There seems to be 2 factions in there, Minju-Moka and Yunah (who spent the better part of her trainee days at Fantagio and came to Hybe later than Minju)-Wonhee, with Iroha in the middle but likely to side with Moka since both are Japanese.

i didn't watch the show or any of their clips so i didn't know about this at all. are there really clips where they're upset about wonhee? also who did she replace?

i love your analysis by the way

• i didn't watch the show or any of their clips so i didn't know about this at all. are there really clips where they're upset about wonhee? also who did she replace?

She replaced no one, I watched like 1 ep and i knew Wonhee would debut.

• ILLIT 'LUCKY GIRL SYNDROME' official teaser.

MV will be released on April 17.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i didn't watch the show or any of their clips so i didn't know about this at all. are there really clips where they're upset about wonhee? also who did she replace?

I watched it

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And found only Yooah tends to react with Wonhee

• ILLIT 'LUCKY GIRL SYNDROME' official teaser.

MV will be released on April 17.

External Content www.youtube.com

Put Minju's face at the thumbnail

Seems the boss of Belift knows where the wind is blowing from, deciding to finish off baemon now

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!