Rosé reported to sing the signal song Final Love song for I-Land 2 (April 4th 6pm kst )

• I'm older than you are, so I understand...but it's crazy! This song...I mean it has a great driving beat, and I actually looked in up on YouTube a week or so ago because I wanted to hear it for some reason....but how did it come up to be considered? Was Teddy listening to his IPod Nano?

ipod nano omg.

Yeah, i obviously love my hair metal but the beats in those songs dont really seem conducive for Kpop style choreo. Maybe just the legendary synthesizer riff will be sampled as part of a whole new song.

• ipod nano omg.

Yeah, i obviously love my hair metal but the beats in those songs dont really seem conducive for Kpop style choreo. Maybe just the legendary synthesizer riff will be sampled as part of a whole new song.

I should have said Sony Walkman...that's 80s.

Yeah, they have to just be sampling the beginning of Final Countdown, and maybe make some themes like Ive did with "After Like."

I love hair metal. You get a lot of crap from these AKP children about being a 'boomer.' Well, I'm a Generation Xer, not a boomer, and they don't know what they missed in terms of variety in music. I stopped listening to music altogether in the 2000's because American pop sucked so bad, and always liked synth driven 'Euro' sounding songs. I got into Kpop when I heard "As If It's Your Last" in 2017 and heard the synth backgrounds and little callbacks that reminded me of 80's groups like A-Ha and The Pet Shop Boys. There's also just a little bit of something like the Shiny Toy Guns "Le Disko" (which is from a lot later, I guess). Besides Teddy, RT, 24 and his other Blacklabel producers are said to be club DJ's, so they bring that ability to sample and make dance beats and build anticipation in their drops. I'm looking forward to this new Rosé song.

Also,

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by atropos ().

• Keep your trap beats and high hats, your autotuned robots, your sleep inducing chanting and toddler level song structures... you aint got a heart or a soul if you aint wishing and praying for THIS kinda sound to return and replace all that.

let's not jinx it just for him to put a drop as a chorus with a bunch of switch-up in the song.

• External Content x.com

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• atropos

Changed the title of the thread from “Rosé reported to sing the signal song Final Love song for I-Land 2 (April 4th)” to “Rosé reported to sing the signal song Final Love song for I-Land 2 (April 4th 6pm kst )”.

• Fellow GenX er here as well. Your history is so close to my own experience omg. I LOVED the 80s in terms of music, it was the peak of Western music tbh, nothing will ever come close at least in our lifetimes ;( . OMD, Pet Shop Boys, The Cure, Bobby Brown, NWA, Journey, Poison, Bon Jovi, GunsnRoses, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Whitney, i mean i could list literally 100 names that released legendary songs during this era.

Like you i lost interest in US music in the 2000's, little by little, after Grunge killed real rocknroll in the 90s, everything just homogenized into one boring hip hop/RnB track after another.

There were some outliers of course, Taylor Swift, The Killers, and of course the entire EDM era with Pitbull, DJ Sammy, and the like, it was the last time i was truly invested in local pop. When Old Town Road came out and blew up local pop and ushered in the mumble rap/trap high hat era, i knew i was done for good. Like i loved that old TI song "Whatever You Like" as much as the next fella, but everything turned into low fi, chanting, super simple songs with the same incessant trap high hat and percussion....just too much.

• Fellow GenX er here as well. Your history is so close to my own experience omg. I LOVED the 80s in terms of music, it was the peak of Western music tbh, nothing will ever come close at least in our lifetimes ;( . OMD, Pet Shop Boys, The Cure, Bobby Brown, NWA, Journey, Poison, Bon Jovi, GunsnRoses, Phil Collins, Michael Jackson, Whitney, i mean i could list literally 100 names that released legendary songs during this era.

Like you i lost interest in US music in the 2000's, little by little, after Grunge killed real rocknroll in the 90s, everything just homogenized into one boring hip hop/RnB track after another.

There were some outliers of course, Taylor Swift, The Killers, and of course the entire EDM era with Pitbull, DJ Sammy, and the like, it was the last time i was truly invested in local pop. When Old Town Road came out and blew up local pop and ushered in the mumble rap/trap high hat era, i knew i was done for good. Like i loved that old TI song "Whatever You Like" as much as the next fella, but everything turned into low fi, chanting, super simple songs with the same incessant trap high hat and percussion....just too much.

Yup. I tuned in via the internet to an L.A. radio station to hear a live Blackpink interview, during the Kill This Love comeback, and had to listen to terrestrial pop radio for the first time in maybe 15 years while waiting, and between segments. I was absolutely shocked by how bad it was. This would have been around the day the Old Town Road remix with Billy Ray Cyrus was released and which they played. If I ever have to get another car they can omit the FM radio.

I feel all of your groups but was already done by the Pitbull era. I think I was listening mainly to soundtracks or classical music from my itunes library. I found Kpop in the weirdest way: wanting to hear the communist anthem "l'internationale" led (all via YouTube) to mainland Chinese Mandopop singer (and Commie) Jike Junyi, then Ailee, then Blackpink, then other girl groups I like today. It's so stupid how excited I can get for comebacks of groups I like. They're events, the way a Star Wars or Spielberg movie premier used to be. Kpop has a weird magic.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!