BTS will slowly fade into irrelevancy and Armys won't admit it

• i'm writing this as a longtime army (since i need u/dope). as much as i like bts, after everyone returns from their service, bts will slow down group promotions and will basically go into hibernation as a group. they already haven't had an actual album release since MOTS7, which was four years ago and two and a half years before the first member of bts enlisted, and all members besides jin have released solo eps/albums, so they will be focusing on solos for the time being. i honestly think that we will get one more album in 2026 then bts as a group will stop releasing music as a group for a long time.

edit: to people saying i'm not an army you guys are so wrong lmao this happens to EVERY group but armies wont admit that their favs will fade out eventually. examples like bigbang, suju, 2ne1, snsd, all legendary groups but you rarely see their fans anywhere. why? because their fans are all now in their 20s and some early 30s plus these groups are somewhat inactive as will BTS be in 5 years. just because i dont believe bts will be popular forever doesnt mean im not an army.

i love bts and have since i was in grade school. i've just come to terms with the fact that my favs wont be as popular as they used to be. admitting that doesnt make me less of an army hh

• you can predict the future?

no, i'm just saying this is likely to happen. this is what happened (is happening) to EXO, who while not as popular as BTS (though who is?), were impacted by members going to military. just looking at obsession vs exist, they are getting half the streams they did prior to enlistment. kpop stans and especially armies are like this -- unless you're a blink and used to being starved a large majority of their fanbase will age out or lose interest.

• i'm writing this as a longtime army (since i need u/dope). as much as i like bts, after everyone returns from their service, bts will slow down group promotions and will basically go into hibernation as a group. they already haven't had an actual album release since MOTS7, which was four years ago and two and a half years before the first member of bts enlisted, and all members besides jin have released solo eps/albums, so they will be focusing on solos for the time being. i honestly think that we will get one more album in 2026 then bts as a group will stop releasing music as a group for a long time.

I predicted that in last year

• no, i'm just saying this is likely to happen. this is what happened (is happening) to EXO, who while not as popular as BTS (though who is?), were impacted by members going to military. just looking at obsession vs exist, they are getting half the streams they did prior to enlistment. kpop stans and especially armies are like this -- unless you're a blink and used to being starved a large majority of their fanbase will age out or lose interest.

Even the mighty IU was defeated badly by Bibi afte a 2 year hiatus.

For all practical purposes BTS has been in hiatus since 2021, and 5 years is too long of a gap to recover from

• I think they've managed to reach legacy act status. I can't speak for other countries, but in the US, they've somehow gained a lot of fans over the pandemic and during their group hiatus. I think after their initial comeback, they may not chart as well but will still fill stadiums when they tour as a group every five or six years.

• See this is the type of thread that will be bumped when they come back and have people clowning you. I don't know why people do this. Someone on here just a day after one group debuted said they flopped but they are already doing better than their peers. ;(

This time I can't even say it's hardcoreblink jinx of 2020 before Dynamite came out and sent them into a long hiatus. But it's an actual fan. Anyways only thing I agree with is that going forward it will definitely be less and less group albums and more and more solo albums/tours. But that is expected of an older group but BTS' brand will still thrive when they build hype leading up to their group comebacks (they had a ton of itin 2022 but wasted it on YTC)

Anyways if I'm alive and well and AKP is still here, I will bump this thread, OP. See you then!

giphy.gif

• I have heard jealous kpop fans say BTS will fade into oblivion since 2016.

And every time they confound us. The tour is going to be enormous.

• All I have to say is that bts are legends I can't imagine any teen that stanned bts not going concerts or listening to music for years on end. Even if they are not the trend army is huge and a large fandom will always await them even if just for nostalgia. Even when I'm 50 and they release a commemorative full of ballads I'll probably go to at least 1 concert because they are my youth. And that's how it is these big artist whether is bts beyonce taylor...ect are the youth and trend of a generation. This was the music the group that their friends and them themselves listen too. BTS will sell even long after they are not as active because of their nostalgia and wide reach.

• BTS are the last group that you should be worried about losing relevancy in Kpop.

Save those fake concern for the actual nugus, they need it more than the biggest group in the world :sweat:

• I don't expect them to do be constantly releasing album anymore but thats usual for group that is already 10 years old. Also it's Be, not MOTS7. Maybe you should stick to talking about groups you actually keep up with.

• You know a thread is going to be a wild ride when it's a BTS diss thread and it starts with something like "long time army". Almost as golden as threads that start with, "I used to be an army but....".

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BTS will continue to SELL OUT stadium tour concerts with tickets being gone in minutes. Not months. No free tickets to Tiktokkers to promote. No reduced price tickets. No reduced capacity concert venues. ^^^^

• Can you tag me when that time comes? ^^^^

I can't wait! :thumbup:

• i'm fourteen years old do you expect me to be online when i was 7? no lmao i joined akp a month ago doesnt mean i havent stanned for longer

• BTS 'irrelevant'? 😅

Watch out for their album release on 2025/26. It will be iconic!!

Why are you so pessimistic op?

BTS will continue to SELL OUT stadium tour concerts with tickets being gone in minutes. Not months. No free tickets to Tiktokkers to promote. No reduced price tickets. No reduced capacity concert venues. ^^^^

never said that their tours wouldnt be big i dont doubt that i'm just saying as their fanbase becomes adults they will spend less time on bts and bts numbers will go down which isnt neccesarily bad

• i'm fourteen years old do you expect me to be online when i was 7? no lmao i joined akp a month ago doesnt mean i havent stanned for longer

So you got into BTS during INY/Dope era 9 years back...when you were 5......

Anyway, Armys should disengage since this is a child.

• never said that their tours wouldnt be big i dont doubt that i'm just saying as their fanbase becomes adults they will spend less time on bts and bts numbers will go down which isnt neccesarily bad

I think you are projecting your own feelings on other fans since you do not see yourself being an Army as an adult, but it may shock you that BTS demographic is not children or teens but has always been majorly adult fans, primarily women in 20s and 30s...they were always adults so there will be no major change for them like how it will be for you personally 5 to 10 years down the line.

• never said that their tours wouldnt be big i dont doubt that i'm just saying as their fanbase becomes adults they will spend less time on bts and bts numbers will go down which isnt neccesarily bad

They "aren't becoming" adults, they are adults. Do you even know how their concert audience look like? Most of Armys here are 25+ and they make their own money. Some of them have kids too. Armys that have been with them from the start are almost 11 years older. Let's say that they were your age back then, they'll be 25. I have no idea where you got the idea that only teenagers listen to bts or kpop in general.

• So you got into BTS during INY/Dope era 9 years back...when you were 5......

Anyway, Armys should disengage since this is a child.

yes i did and yes i am a child. i liked the music and i have older siblings who were 15 and liked bts...

and armies are children both literally and figuratively so

• They "aren't becoming" adults, they are adults. Do you even know how their concert audience look like? Most of Armys here are 25+ and they make their own money. Some of them have kids too. Armys that have been with them from the start are almost 11 years older. Let's say that they were your age back then, they'll be 25. I have no idea where you got the idea that only teenagers listen to bts or kpop in general.

i was thinking more older teen/young adult now such as 16/17+ but k, i know armies are majority adults now thats why i said that. and i never had the idea that only teens listen to kpop, i'm saying teens have the time to be involved the most in kpop such as online forums, streaming, etc.

• “Just hours after Ticketmaster announced that all 4 shows at Allegiant Stadium were sold out, tickets have appeared on sale through Stubhub, ranging anywhere to well over $19,500 per ticket

OP I am praying you are right. That the Numbers go down. My fear is that the $19,500 per ticket for PTD will look fucking reasonable when the reunion tour is announced

• yes i did and yes i am a child. i liked the music and i have older siblings who were 15 and liked bts...

and armies are children both literally and figuratively so

The last sentence says you have some strange grudge against Armys...given they aren't any different from other Kpop stans, but I mean you do you.

• “Just hours after Ticketmaster announced that all 4 shows at Allegiant Stadium were sold out, tickets have appeared on sale through Stubhub, ranging anywhere to well over $19,500 per ticket

OP I am praying you are right. That the Numbers go down. My fear is that the $19,500 per ticket for PTD will look fucking reasonable when the reunion tour is announced

That's f*cking insane, thats nearly a fourth of the average American's yearly salary. Even when I become an adult I couldn't imagine paying over 500 bucks for a ticket, and even thats a stretch for me.

• The last sentence says you have some strange grudge against Armys...given they aren't any different from other Kpop stans, but I mean you do you.

Touche. I don't participate in online army discourse/spaces since I dont stan them as much as other groups anymore, but I have encountered some absolutely batshit crazy armies and though they are a minority they are insanely vocal and also part of the reason I don't talk about BTS online. I have no grudge against armies -- just wariness because of said group.

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!