PSA: If you stan any group from the Big 4, don't ever complain about company privilege

• That is all. I don't think I need to explain anything beyond the title.

You know who you are. Your favs have more privilege than rest of the industry combined squared.

Stop it.

• The reason why people always to bring it up to you, is because you always deny it when your faves have it.

It's plain and simple.

You will talk about how BP has YG privilege, LSFM has Hybe privilege, but when it comes to your faves it's "no promotion came out of nowhere took the world by storm never see before"

newjeans is the the most expensive rookie group in kpop history

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• newjeans is the the most expensive rookie group in kpop history

Is it really? Let me google

HYBE spent 16.1 billion won on NewJeans, created a whole new app for the group
    HYBE Labels is betting their life on the success on NewJeans, trying to reduce dependency on BTS
    www.kbizoom.com

16 billion won, around 12mil. This is the no promo no hype no concept debut out nowhere took the world by storm cost.

This is apparently the no privilege no hybe no hype no one knows about the group nugu flop with 12mil USD

:pepe-cringe::pepe-cringe:

• The reason why people always to bring it up to you, is because you always deny it when your faves have it.

It's plain and simple.

You will talk about how BP has YG privilege, LSFM has Hybe privilege, but when it comes to your faves it's "no promotion came out of nowhere took the world by storm never see before"

Cool story.

All big company groups have privilege. I have never pretended NewJeans is exempt from that.

You can't promote all of your songs like title tracks with multiple MVs with multiple cuts on a shoestring budget.

My praise of NewJeans and ADOR has always been with HOW they utilize their resources, not the existence of said resources.

A project can have all the money in the world behind it, but if the leadership and staff behind the project has no vision or direction, it will fail. See: the gaming industry.

• Keep convincing yourself that

Okay Jan GIFs | Tenor

• Okay Jan GIFs | Tenor

Find another head canon to push. This "Yama doesn't think NewJeans has company privilege" narrative isn't going to work. Let me show you why.

NewJeans have company privilege, getting to debut from a Big 4 company in a sub label founded and led by a creative genius. So much for that narrative.

I've gone on record extolling the brilliance of MHJ and the staff at ADOR multiple times, so why would I minimize their role in NJ's success?

I just think it's stupid when a bunch of big company groups fans argue over privilege. ALL big company groups have massive advantages over the rest of the industry.

• IDK if I would call NJ's debut the once-in-a-generation remarkable phenomenon that YamaChwan is pushing, but it was definitely fresh. Just everything about it felt fresh and innovative, rather than reactive/trendy. There was a decent amount of curiosity about MHJ's girl group because of all the buzz about how Hybe had poached her. I even remember arguing with ISaidISaid at that time because they felt MHJ was stealing too much attention from the members lol. I'll say again what I said then - MHJ knocked the debut out of the park. The music was great. The MVs were great. The concepts were great. The surprise factor helped magnify the hype, and the quality of the product did the rest of the work.

Re: LSF's debut, "Fearless" was a very underwhelming song, and their debut concept/styling felt extremely dated. Someone at the time said "this is how middle-aged men imagine female empowerment" and I completely agree. Their concepts/music since debut has been much better, and their current results reflect that.

• 12 mil - not that. I heard about $20M.

The average kpop debut costs $1,5-2M including three m/v's, costumes, composing etc. Guess how do they spent the rest of 18M

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• IDK if I would call NJ's debut the once-in-a-generation remarkable phenomenon that YamaChwan is pushing, but it was definitely fresh. Just everything about it felt fresh and innovative, rather than reactive/trendy. There was a decent amount of curiosity about MHJ's girl group because of all the buzz about how Hybe had poached her. I even remember arguing with ISaidISaid at that time because they felt MHJ was stealing too much attention from the members lol. I'll say again what I said then - MHJ knocked the debut out of the park. The music was great. The MVs were great. The concepts were great. The surprise factor helped magnify the hype, and the quality of the product did the rest of the work.

Re: LSF's debut, "Fearless" was a very underwhelming song, and their debut concept/styling felt extremely dated. Someone at the time said "this is how middle-aged men imagine female empowerment" and I completely agree. Their concepts/music since debut has been much better, and their current results reflect that.

I just realized I replied to the wrong thread lol..... pretend this post is for the NJ debut thread ;(

• It would be embarrassing if you spend that much and fail to be one of the top groups

I'm not trying to be condescending, but as someone who has led and been a part of projects in a team environment, the funding/budgeting phase of the project is literally just the beginning.

How to allocate the funds and get the highest value out of each dollar, and having a process map that clearly defines the objectives and key results of the project have as much, if not MORE, to do with the success of the overall project.

I go back to the gaming industry. Diablo 4 had a multi BILLION dollar company's resources behind it, but Last Epoch, a game that was crowdfunded initially by a group of passionate devs from a subreddit, is seen as a MUCH better game and is currently setting concurrent player records on Steam.

tl;dr you can have a limitless budget and still fail if you don't know how to utilize the funds properly

• So your argument for the debut having funded by tons of money with "no promo no hype no teaser took the world by storm" is that they have amazing people and money doesn't matter and is insignificant.

And then proceed to use flop games to justify your reasoning that money is not impt.

This is why no one takes you seriously.

I rather you use that argument for MMM because they actually started off with maybe not even 1/10th of what NJs have

GIF season 8 rupauls drag race eye roll - animated GIF on GIFER - by  Zolocage

• So your argument for the debut having funded by tons of money with "no promo no hype no teaser took the world by storm" is that they have amazing people and money doesn't matter and is insignificant.

So you're saying that YG and the non Ador Labels of Hybe are broke now? NewJeans is the only Big 4 group with tons of money pumped into th

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• So you're saying that YG and the non Ador Labels of Hybe are broke now? NewJeans is the only Big 4 group with tons of money pumped into th

I didn't say that.

Both groups have money, huge money pumped into them. NJs is successful, BM so far isn't as successful. And the reason why is that they have an amazing team behind them like Yama said.

But Yama act as if the money+hybe+everything else doesn't matter, and that the only thing that matters is the ..... "novelty". And continues to deny every other factor that contributed to their success when 12mil USD is in play, and constantly play the "no promo no hype no one knows about them they appeared randomly and suddenly took the world by storm" narrative.

And proceed to say stuff like "even groups with money cannot be as successful as NJs because their team sucks", and then brings up irrelevant shit like Diablo4.

So when I said that it would be embarrassing for NJs to not be successful considering how much privilege and money they had, it is actually a compliment because they ARE THAT SUCCESSFUL but Yama takes it as an insult

The embarrassing one is ....... we know what group we are talking about

:pepe-cringe:pepe-ooh:pepe-narrow-eyes::pepe-tea:

• How do you read very simple statements and reach the worst possible conclusions, as if you put them through a Chinese translator and then converted them into Icelandic before translating them back to English?

You are obsessed with fake narratives and strawmanning.

I LITERALLY said budget is just the beginning of a project, and your takeaway is that I said money doesn't matter? That is actually just grade school logic and reading comprehension.

Let's try this again.

If I explicitly say the most important part of a project, after resources have been solidified, is HOW said resources are used, how the fuck do you get "oh so resources and funding don't matter" out of that.

You are literally just arguing for the sake of it because of this baseless head canon you're obsessed with. Until you can understand the very basic points I'm outlining, who you do or don't take seriously is of zero consequence to anyone.

It takes great effort to be this obtuse, so I'll give you props on that front.

• Keep telling yourself that I guess you can stick with

Summoning the creator of the chichi lip sync assassination gifs-- can you  please feed the children and do the same this year? : r/rupaulsdragrace

• Keep telling yourself that I guess you can stick with

Summoning the creator of the chichi lip sync assassination gifs-- can you  please feed the children and do the same this year? : r/rupaulsdragrace

IVE had tons of pre-debut privilege too.

The point is that it's an idiotic thing to argue about, and you need to stop the cap, because I've literally never said NJ didn't benefit from the resources of being a Big 4 Company group.

It's when people act like that's the only reason they're successful, like other groups from big companies didn't also have a ton of resources or hype at their disposal, is when the bullshit alarm goes off.

We literally just saw IVE try the triple title track strategy, with each song getting its own MV.

We know that SM paid a consulting firm MILLIONS (that's big company privilege in itself btw) to understand why NJ is so successful.

It's because I'm an OG Mamamoo fan that I can laugh at big company stans whining about privilege.

• Not sure why IVE is brought into this convo because IVE is not even part of your thread title but you do you I guess, this is when we know you've lost the plot

• Not sure why IVE is brought into this convo because IVE is not even part of your thread title but you do you I guess, this is when we know you've lost the plot

The lack of self awareness this requires, when you're the one who brought NJ into the conversation, when they weren't even implicitly mentioned, is impressive. Forget the plot. You're not even reading the right book.

• The lack of self awareness this requires, when you're the one who brought NJ into the conversation, when they weren't even implicitly mentioned, is impressive. Forget the plot. You're not even reading the right book.

Because NJs is part of your thread title they are literally part of the Big 4, whereas IVE isnt

I even mentioned BP and LSFM in my earlier replies because they are also part of the Big 4, like your thread title.

You are the one bringing up a group that is irrelevant to your thread title.

You are not even using the right language at this point

• The backpedaling :pepe-joy:

Fact: No specific group was mentioned. In no part of my title or OP did I name drop NewJeans or any group for that matter.

YOU chose to make it a NewJeans conversation almost immediately. Take some accountability for your own shit posts.

• The backpedaling :pepe-joy:

Fact: No specific group was mentioned. In no part of my title or OP did I name drop NewJeans or any group for that matter.

YOU chose to make it a NewJeans conversation almost immediately. Take some accountability for your own shit posts.

No group was mentioned, but the Big 4 was mentioned. And by association any group from the Big 4 is fair game.

• But Yama act as if the money+hybe+everything else doesn't matter, and that the only thing that matters is the ..... "novelty". And continues to deny every other factor that contributed to their success when 12mil USD is in play, and constantly play the "no promo no hype no one knows about them they appeared randomly and suddenly took the world by storm" narrative.

If the comparison were between NewJeans and... a group like StayC, maybe I'd agree but Yama is right, it doesn't matter.

These are all Big 4 groups with similar access to money, hype, promotion etc. Do you seriously think these groups with survival shows, reality shows and documentaries behind them aren't running up similar bills to NewJeans, when we don't even know how much money was actually invested into their debut? That 12 million figure you pulled from a random article was invested into Ador the year before NewJeans debuted, not invested directly into NewJeans' debut. There's other places some of that money could have went.

Le Sserafim had boatloads of money invested into them, Ill It has a shit ton of money invested into them. Did/Will they pull the same results? No for LSF and in ill-its case, likely not.

Maybe, just maybe, when you have several privileged groups with similar access to resources and hype but very different results in terms of success, you'd look at other areas they'd be different like marketing but nope. Let's invent poorly based narratives that one Big 4 has super privilege that transcends every other big 4 group. Typical NewJeans thread :leaving-bee:

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I am on Icy's side on this, you mentioned big4, all big4 groups are fair game in thread like this.

While technically true, it's ultimately just Icy using semantics to justify dumping on NewJeans.

If I make a thread called "All big companies have a lot more budget and industry connections than smaller labels", that overall talking point is obviously the main topic, and if you respond with "Yeah well NJ have way more budget and connections than everyone!!!!", your intentions are obvious.

• I don't think it is jjst budget, it is also about connections and company stans. Company stans hard carry most of big4 groups, especially when they just debut.

Of course results for each and every group will be different and that depends on other circumstances but let's not compare high budget big4 and non big4 groups.

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!