As of today, who's the more popular girl group overall? IVE or LE SSERAFIM?

• Who's the more popular girl group today? IVE or LE SSERAFIM? 44

1. LE SSERAFIM (24) 55%
    2. IVE (20) 45%

I lied about the last topic I made being my last poll.

I want to know what the streets are saying now that both groups have had proper comeback promotions.

I'm just an outside, unbiased observer, so I'm not teeing this one up with any of my takes or carefully selected data points.

Commence

:pepe-notes:

• Fromis_9

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• After listening EASY encore, I think IVE is more popular. Overall, the comeback tt and b-side were pretty good. HYBE just failed with a training system

"You can troll on your main and we have plenty examples of that" (c) Ves

soojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-seo-soojin.gifsoojin-gidle.gif

• Wbk Ive are the least popular 4th gen gg and aespa, g idle, lsf and nj are all ahead. Ive clearly leads in Korea, so lsf can have the globe.

Its alright though, if even oscar winners like Jodie Foster go to kcon personally to meet them then that means at least Ive is doing decent internationally.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wbk Ive got the best selling gg album of 2023 worldwide because only koreans bought it. That only solidify how much of a wall they are in their homecountry.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Overall, is that still your ranking? I'm including the U.S. and Japan, the two biggest music markets and the two markets both groups have put the most concerted effort into expanding in.

Overall LSFM is more trendy but the thing about international trendiness without similar level of Korean popularity for GGs is it can fade like it did for ITZY. So I’d still put IVE above because for the first 4 or so years Korean charting is the most important metric that can make or break you. That Korean hype also influences international popularity in the long run.

I would place LSFM and Aespa in the same tier at 3rd place for now.

• Ive have their Korean fanbase and its strong relative to other groups.

However, they do not have the same advantages that they have in Korea, in the global markets, and the competition has now shifted to the global markets. This is why in the last 8 months, lsf and Aespa, who were behind at the beginning of 20223, have overrun them. Its why BM who have flopped in Korea, could out chart them with Batter Up.

imo its a different game now where global popularity correlates with the greatest success. JPY is playing the game the best. Look at Twice and Stray Kids. Twice is flopping in Korea, but their global game is the best of any active group currently.

So having a strong Korean fanbase can help, but it isn't as important as it used to be.

With a great song, Ive could still re-surge, but with Ryan Jun or whatever his name is still there, its not happening.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• IVE as a brand name in Korea is still more popular, lesserafim still needs to promote to have their songs rise or trend

IVEs members on average are more popular in Korea.

Internationally, lesserafim are trendy. All of their comebacks trended and each one had more hype and stability than the before one, so I would say they are not a trend anymore and have solidified their name. IVE did not keep the trend, although both have a big fanbase.

So, in general I would say IVE is still ahead as Korea has more weight + album wise IVE is ahead

idk about Japan

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• IVE as a brand name in Korea is still more popular, lesserafim still needs to promote to have their songs rise or trend

Technically that was true for IVE too, at least for their most recent comeback. Baddie rose after promotions really kicked off. Ironically enough, it was Perfect Night that dethroned it and ended up being the bigger hit.

Just playing a little Devil's Advocate.

• you better have like a visual total reports of these polls you accumulated over the past weeks.

bar graphs

voter demographics eg which fanbase participates in voting

pie charts

growth of each poll you make. the more you make the less participants etc

have it on our desk by next week.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!