In grand scheme of things charts don't mean anything next to ticket sales

• Charts look good and you can brag about it for a while. But earning from ticket sales is money you can put in the bank. Fans have gone from hyping Youtube to iTunes to MelOn to Spotify. Artists that can get people into seats will outlast all of these apps decades to come. Even groups you rarely hear about are still going because they can sell concerts. While former digital queens like Sistar are nowhere to be found.

• I think everything matters to some degree but it just depends on what you value most.

If we're talking just financially, then yeah touring is one of the biggest factors.

Streams while doesn't generate the same amount of revenue, does show how much people are tuning into the songs and artist.

Ideally you want both but realistically, it's not always possible.

I think what needs to be managed is expectations.

While I do favor touring, I wouldn't drop the significance if digital. I would love my faves to have both but I also have realistic expectations.

• Idols can get money in a lot of ways in this industry, but it's true that ticket concerts are profitable asf. I know bc even after all the success IVE had on charts, it was only after Rei received her paycheck after her first concert that her mom actually got shocked and told her to invest in buying land with all the money she received. And that was only her first concert. I can only imagine the amount if that only happened after a long year of success in Korea.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• True. If money was only thanks to charts metal bands would never thrive. They become multimillionaires thanks to the merch, album sales and concerts. But that doesn't mean people that find their success in charts can't swim in money either. It depends on a lot of things. At the end of the day, success always attract money.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Charts and streaming numbers are for clickbait articles, and for popularity awards. That's all. For fans, it's nice to brag about, especially if they don't have anything else. But 99.99% of the time groups that are in the TOP10 every time, they will flop eventually after 5-7 years. That's when Kpop "fans" starts calling them "nugus" and they became a "fan" of another "soon to be nugu" group. That's the circle of Kpop life.

wVNDw5a.gif

Clickbait websites like AKP making more money with these meaningless articles than any other Kpop artist with their streaming numbers.

• Honestly streams are worth peanuts for everyone but the streaming platform.

This kind of makes you wonder how much idols actually get from streams since the percentage depends on the relationship with the publisher (e.g. JYP) and spotify

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• True. If money was only thanks to charts metal bands would never thrive. They become multimillionaires thanks to the merch, album sales and concerts. But that doesn't mean people that find their success in charts can't swim in money either. It depends on a lot of things. At the end of the day, success always attract money.

Yeah theres just no one specific formula for success. Theres so many ways to be successful.

Thats why groups shouldnt be judged one any one factor but the sum of everything.

• Idols can get money in a lot of ways in this industry, but it's true that ticket concerts are profitable asf. I know bc even after all the success IVE had on charts, it was only after Rei received her paycheck after her first concert that her mom actually got shocked and told her to invest in buying land with all the money she received. And that was only her first concert. I can only imagine the amount if that only happened after a long year of success in Korea.

gaeul dp? shes bias wrecking me lately

• Charts look good and you can brag about it for a while. But earning from ticket sales is money you can put in the bank. Fans have gone from hyping Youtube to iTunes to MelOn to Spotify. Artists that can get people into seats will outlast all of these apps decades to come. Even groups you rarely hear about are still going because they can sell concerts. While former digital queens like Sistar are nowhere to be found.

If you are successful in Spotify long term, since its largely an organic representation of international popularity, then you will have huge concerts.

If not, when you leave certain companies, you will not even get into Melon Top 100 for more than 2 days.

• if i have to choose only one, then yes its ticket sales.

but as an artist, I would want my art to be known and enjoyed by all, not only my fans.

And ticket sales is not the only money source. Look at NJ, they don't tour yet, but their brand deals money possibly is as much as some touring act get

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!