TWS currently #2 on Melon… are we finally witnessing rookie hitting the top of Melon for the first time since Wanna One?

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

crazy actually, this is the first time since BTS

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “TWS currently #2 on Melon… are we finally witnessing boygroup hitting the top of Melon for the first time since BTS?” to “TWS currently #2 on Melon… are we finally witnessing rookie hitting the top of Melon for the first time since Wanna One?”.
  • during an empty house. You really expect people to believe that a rookie BG, that most people haven't even heard of, are able to topple Taeyeon and IU from the top of the charts.

Kinda agree that it seems like empty house. Still, and regardless, able to compete with the queen IU (on bugs), Taeyeon, Riize and (G)I-dle is already surprising. I even doubt Pledis expected this tbh. At most top 20 and not top 3

Horanghae:p

• Plot Twist is giving Love scenario but in the stagnated kpop industry.

The song will grow internationally in the coming weeks too once the news make it out here.

I do predict more newer bgs will breakout, and it won't be specific to just TWS, Riize doing well you know.

• First of all they are not exactly beating IU, except on an obscure chart at 9am.

Taeyeon's song is like 2 months old, and its also mid. It couldn't even beat song English collab song, and she is was a digimon.

I gotta say gidle must not be happy. Where is the support that other K. artists are getting?

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• Seventeen's brother group is probably getting the support of Carats, maybe that's why it's doing so well. I personally think they are too young and I am not into their music but hey congrats to them.

it's funny how some people have no clue who they are or where they came from lol

TWS (투어스; pronounced as "two us") is a six-member boy group under Pledis Entertainment.

On November 10, 2022, HYBE announced through its briefing that their sub-label, Pledis Entertainment will be debuting a new boy group sometime in 2023. During the 2023 SVT 7th Fan Meeting 'SEVENTEEN in Carat Land' on March 12, 2023, SEVENTEEN member Hoshi introduced five trainees among the crowd as the members of the label's upcoming group. Their identities are yet to be revealed. On November 7, Pledis confirmed that the group will be debuting in the first quarter of 2024.

On December 21, 2023, the group launched their social media accounts and dropped their first debut teaser. The following day, Pledis Entertainment announced that the group would consist of six members and would be making their debut in January 2024.

2024: "Oh Mymy : 7s", debut with Sparkling Blue

On December 27, 2023, it was announced that the group will release their debut mini album Sparkling Blue on January 22. A pre-release single, "Oh Mymy : 7s", was released on January 2.

The six members were introduced through a group profile video released on January 3, and individual videos released on January 4.

And now you know.

tldr;

Seventeen brother group

not from a survival show

probably doing well with the support of carats

but i'm guessing on that one

• First of all they are not exactly beating IU, except on an obscure chart at 9am.

Taeyeon's song is like 2 months old, and its also mid. It couldn't even beat song English collab song, and she is was a digimon.

I gotta say gidle must not be happy. Where is the support that other K. artists are getting?

It is still a great achievement

If Suga were not in the military they would have defeated IU

Suga gave a song to someone named Suran, about whom nothing more is known, and Suran sank IU, just trying to recover from the ignominious defeat inflicted by Laboum.

Which might be why Lee Jieun later begged an alliance to Yoongi.

They should have remembered this incident and ask Suga to give them a song so they could sink Lee Jieun one more time.

• This is why i remain adamant that BangPD made a huge mistake in throwing everyone into the military. Rolling enlistment is the way to go if you want your group to remain relevant. Jungkook would be making huge waves right now after a Superbowl performance with Usher. V could also be making waves with a high profile acting role, perhaps on Squid Games 2 or something in Hollywood.

No one, not even BTS, is immune to the ravages of Father Time and the fickle, short attention span pop music fan. With V and JK gone, and no one left to pick up the slack, no Yoongi, no Jhope, etc, BTS is vulnerable.

Look at all the rookie BG's making successive waves. First the MNET group, then Riiiiize, now the Pledis group. Every generation, there has always been that one BG at least to be the standard bearer with true GP appeal. Bigbang owned that title for 2nd gen, BTS owned that title for the 3rd gen AND 4th gen...now we are at the cusp of 5th gen starting 2025 and BTS is now in serious danger of being surpassed by multiple 4th gen groups and they have zero ammo to shoot back with.

• BTS target demo now imo are females 17+ in the West. That is where there is still great growth potential.

In Korea however, its just less likely that they as mature idols, can capture the next generation of tween Korean girls 8-12 year olds as fans. That is why hybe is debuting "young" boy groups like boynextdoor and tws to target the tween market.

Their break however is a risk for them as a group. as females 17+ in the West may latch on to other boy groups such as svt, txt, straykids, enhypen, alteez etc. All of these groups had great growth last year.

• it's viral among school kids, bcs school year will start soon

Hope they secure some fans

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!