What do you prefer in a music video: the song or the video?

• I prefer the music, BUT because it's an MV and I want to see a story, not just the typical Kpop MV's with cute girls and boys dancing or partying. I prefer the MOVIE QUALITY MV's. Some example, not in order:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And a lot of others, because thankfully, more Idols want to make MV's like these. With real meaning, story and message.

• MV's these days are too complicated. I miss 2nd gen MV's when idols would just dance on one set and wear normal clothes. I prefer songs over MV's, a good MV can't mask a bad song, no matter how high the production cost is.

Another sad thing in Kpop, that most fans don't like to think. To be fair, that's happening everywhere, not just in Kpop. Moviegoers want to see brainless movies, and not thinking about the story and the message. Sometimes it's good if you can switch off your brain, but when you see the same shit over and over again, it became boring. Without creativity, there's no reason to create MV's, movies, TV shows, or anything, basically.

IU's "Love Wins All" MV or Hwasa's "Maria" is a pretty good example. Both MV has a lot of messages and meanings, you can interpret them in many ways. MV's like those, makes the song more memorable.

• I prefer this video over this song. I love DIA but I think this song is decent.

• The song mostly because I don't really watch the music video that much. Maybe watching the MV once or twice is enough but I do enjoy MVs that are fun, visually appealing and entertaining.

• I obviously want a good song, but to be honest the reason i became a fan of Kpop in the first place was because i loved seeing their choreographies, at first their songs were a bit weird to me, i was used to japanese songs from anime and when i listened to kpop for the first time the language sounded so weird to me but the choreographies were so cool that i kept listening to kpop songs were now the language doesn't sound weird anymore and i can appreciate the songs by themselves but i will still give my vote to video

• Some MVs are good but views aint increasing fast because of the song.

Most mid MVs with good songs have high views.

Its a fact, I witnessed a lot to say this.

The song is always the star.

Not always. I mean, we've seen a LOT of average MV with a trash song having 2-300M+ views, while amazing MV's and great songs literally can't achieve more than 50M. So, if we ignore the mainstream groups, I agree with you. Nowadays, it's all about the hype, not the song or the MV.

• Not always. I mean, we've seen a LOT of average MV with a trash song having 2-300M+ views, while amazing MV's and great songs literally can't achieve more than 50M. So, if we ignore the mainstream groups, I agree with you. Nowadays, it's all about the hype, not the song or the MV.

I do agree. Because I mostly follow mainstream groups, that is my answer.

A trash song might be "catchy" to some ppl and end up getting millions sometimes just because of the hype.

Oh well, DDU-DU DDU-DU is my least favorite song from BP, and it was the song which hit big.

On the other hand, Lovesick Girls is one of my faves, but the views aint running faster than How You Like That.

From my perspective of TWICE, my ultimate, I can clearly see Fancy and The Feels, being two of the most well-liked songs, are getting much more "consistent views over time" than those that might have exploded views at first but slowed down over time like Yes Or Yes and More & More.

And to note that Fancy had quite a disappointing MV in my perspective, the music takes the cake. Yes Or Yes is my fav song from TWICE though, but I get it when it gets slower over time.

One more incident, Not Shy by ITZY went to 100M faster than Wannabe because MIDZYs streamed it well, but over time, we can see that Not Shy ran slowly, and Wannabe still had a very decent number of views.

So for me it is kinda based on what the public likes and if the fandom is "young" and "good at streaming".

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!