Not all idols can become actors and yes Boa this is especially for you

• Idols who become actors or actresses often aren't very good. They look stiff, don't show much emotion, afraid to look bad on camera, and seem to struggle with their facial expressions. Some examples are Eunwoo and Minhyun, who've been acting for a while but still didn't improve much. They're like walking stone on the set. Yoona's acting is just okay, while Suzy has improved. Overall, they rely more on their looks than their acting skills. Just like they typical idols industry too. But there are obviously some exceptions of idols that are really talented and can act.

Mainly, today I want to talk about BoA. She was in a show called 'Marry My Husband' as Yoora. It's clear that in this industry, talents is not important at all. Directors often pick popular idols for their projects because they bring in fans. Cuz there's no way did they choose BoA for this role after look at her acting skills.

BoA just didn't fit the character at all! She's a good idol, but acting isn't her strong point at all. and it doesn't match her looks. She seems to have had some cosmetic work done, which makes it hard for her to show emotions and facial expressions. She seems struggles to even open her mouth which is one of most important aspects of acting itself.

I hope many idols realize that acting isn't for everyone. Just because they're famous and directors willingly take them in doesn't mean they can act. I've seen lots of idols eager to try acting because it seems like a promising career, but they often end up ruining the show. I couldn't keep watching 'Marry My Husband' because of BoA, so I'll pretend the show ended before her part, especially since I already read the manhwa.

• Dumbest thing I heard, honestly!

Let's be clear, this is about KDRAMA's not Hollywood movies and TV Shows! Most Kdrama actor isn't better than average, not just Idols. BoA only had ONE main role so far. Do you think Al Pacino or Meryl Streep was a Legendary actor since day 1? Hell no! They worked hard for YEARS to become better. That's how everything works. No one is a natural-born talent in anything. You can be born with some talent, but without learning how to use it, it means shit.

Her roles so far: Kwon BoA - MyDramaList

People tend to ignore, or they just don't know and don't care, but actors are PUPPETS basically. They're like a Formula 1 car. They look nice and fast as hell, BUT without a great driver they don't worth much. People only see the actors, so they always blame them if a movie or a show is sucked.

I'm not saying BoA did an amazing job, BUT if the script is shit, even Meryl Streep can't make it better. Not to mention the director. Do you think actors creating these shows alone? They're following the script and the instruction of the director. So, if you want to blame someone, blame the writers and the director. 90% of the time it's their fault if something isn't good.

Lastly: Most actors on this show are far more famous than BoA, at least in the acting industry!

Side note: Both the director and the writer are a newbie, basically! I watched BoA in other things, and she was much better in those.

• It is the role. Its totally makang, as in crazy x 1000 in the previews.

Boa shouldn't even have attempted it. Yoona would be severely criticized too if she was stupid enough to act in a similar role.

• I agree that not all idols are cut out for acting, although i kinda laughed a little at your second sentence, you literally used four different ways to say the same thing lol.

You can see the talent right away for the few that do like IU and Yuri. IU made me watch Hotel Del Luna from beginning to end and i have never done that for any other Kdrama. And mah girl Yuri...omg, this was literally her first ever role, and aside from the distracting heavy breathing, she was PHENOMENAL.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The way you’re always wrong and still write long essays is a talent itself.

• The way you’re always wrong and still write long essays is a talent itself.

Honey, if I'm wrong, stop mumbling like a clown, make some arguments too, why I was wrong. It's the easiest thing to say: "Oh you're always wrong." and skip the part where you should tell us, why.

EVERYTHING I said about the industry is a FACT! It's not said by me, it was said by actors, directors, writers too. I have many writer and director friend, because I worked with singers and actors too. You don't have to believe me, Google is free!

Maybe I write "long essays", but at least I have a real opinion unlike many others here, and I don't just comment to have more Akorns.🤣

• Honey, if I'm wrong, stop mumbling like a clown, make some arguments too, why I was wrong. It's the easiest thing to say: "Oh you're always wrong." and skip the part where you should tell us, why.

EVERYTHING I said about the industry is a FACT! It's not said by me, it was said by actors, directors, writers too. I have many writer and director friend, because I worked with singers and actors too. You don't have to believe me, Google is free!

Maybe I write "long essays", but at least I have a real opinion unlike many others here, and I don't just comment to have more Akorns.🤣

The fact no one agrees with you every single time means you need to reevaluate your arguments. There’s no point writing 5 paragraphs if it’s bs. 💀

• The fact no one agrees with you every single time means you need to reevaluate your arguments. There’s no point writing 5 paragraphs if it’s bs. 💀

Another stupid take! This is the problem with people, and that's why I keep saying: "Sheep mentality kills the conversation." The fact that you care more about other people opinion proves my point. I don't give a flying f-ck about what other people think about me or about my opinion. I won't change, for the sake of others, I don't need Facebook friends!🤣 That's how you'll die lonely and unhappy.

A lot of people agree with me, you can read their comment all over the Forum. In this topic you're the first who disagree with me, and there are 3 others who didn't bother to comment just used the "facepalm" reaction. That's not even worth mentioning.

I could write 1 or 2 sentences like you clowns, saying: "Aigoo, I love this and that, they're perfect. The best thing on Earth, or even on Mars." 🤣 Everyone would love my comments, but it would mean shit, because it doesn't affect the conversation. If you're always agreeing with people like a sheep, you're never going to learn new things.

• I think for idols, it's easy to get those roles because they are popular but there are many good idol actors, Yoona inclusive.

Doh Kyungsoo, Junho, Taecyeon, Sooyoung, etc

Many are very good actors.

OP talks about Eunwoo but in the dramas I've watched, his role is to be emotionless and icy and later he's supposed to fall in love, meltdown his icy character and learn to have some emotions as he learns to express himself. Those are the scripts he's chosen/been given so far. I'm waiting for his new drama, he seems to have a different role this time.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!