It is crazy that minji had to officially apologize just because she said she didn't knew some korean dish wtf

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Screenshot_2024-01-16-14-55-07-17_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-16-14-55-21-54_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-16-14-55-40-09_0311c9f6806a66343c45622522faa000.jpg

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

20240116_145745.jpg

20240116_145748.jpg

• External Content twitter.com

Knetz comments:

"Protect Minji T T What is this."

"This is about the kalguksu thing? T T Wasn't the kalguksu thing last summer? What's the big deal about something half a year ago T T"

"Making me keep commenting because of how ridiculous this is, why are they making her apologize for this."

"??????????"

"Is this something to release an official apology over? Crazy hahahahaha."

"Huh? The company is ridiculous for telling her put that up."

"I thought she explained during the live? The comments were crazy on that video too...Why are those idiots making such a big deal about something like this."

"??? Why is she apologizing for this?"

"???? Seriously??? An official apology...for something like that...???why???"

"Who is freaking out over something like that I don't understand."

"All the videos with Minji in them have comments about kalguksu...even the explanation video has people losing their minds, it's crazy."

• It's less about whether the subject is actually controversial, but more about whether the one associated with it is an it girl. Whether that be for the way someone eats a strawberry, or the new standard for triviality - not knowing how a dish tastes like before even eating it.

• It's less about whether the subject is actually controversial, but more about whether the one associated with it is an it girl. Whether that be for the way someone eats a strawberry, or the new standard for triviality - not knowing how a dish tastes like before even eating it.

Minji IT Girl confirmed but this is still sad

• Whats the other thing she's apologising for, about her "tone and attitude"?

Don't tell it's the stupid thing where she used casual English correctly and knetz tried to correct her grammar?

its about this incident

During a live on 3rd jan she was getting lots of that kalguksu related comments so she tried to clarify about that but knetz got mad at her and started claiming she's rude or fake or whatever

• People are mad at her for allegedly "pretending to have the concept of a rich, luxurious girl who studied overseas” and questioned how a Korean did not know what kalguksu was. They also though that her mentioning it on a livestream this january was rude and disrespectful, when she was just annoyed about how stupid knetz are. Like, I get what they mean, it's probably as if a German doesn't know what Knödel or Sauerkraut is, but you don't have to attack someone because of it

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• Minji getting the raw deal here. I grew up eating Korean food 80 percent of the time at home, and i had no clue that there was a dish called kalguksu. I only knew what "guksu" was, nobody told me that there was a "kal" in front of it lol. Actually, when i heard of this dumb issue, i was like why would you put "kal" in front of guksu in the first place, "kal" means knife ffs.

• its about this incident

During a live on 3rd jan she was getting lots of that kalguksu related comments so she tried to clarify about that but knetz got mad at her and started claiming she's rude or fake or whatever

Off topic but i just noticed

Haerin's looking so cute tho

IMG_20240116_155944.jpg

• Minji getting the raw deal here. I grew up eating Korean food 80 percent of the time at home, and i had no clue that there was a dish called kalguksu. I only knew what "guksu" was, nobody told me that there was a "kal" in front of it lol. Actually, when i heard of this dumb issue, i was like why would you put "kal" in front of guksu in the first place, "kal" means knife ffs.

I do think this whole controversy is dumb and it doesn't matter one way or the other; but I just cannot see a Korean person not knowing kalguksu tbh lol. It is an extremely common dish, there are many different types of guksu (gogiguksu, bibimguksu, kongguksu, etc.), but kalguksu is the most popular (and bland imo). It is similar to like an American not knowing what a hot dog is or something.

• She can work on her attitude in the new year, unless she's still going for the "rich girl, better than you are, why would I know commoner food" persona.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!