I knew Itzy were gonna tank but I didn't expect it to be this bad

• They lost so much on album sales, I guess those 2-3 people who were always sarcastically bragging "they flopped so bad selling million😭" are shaking right now. Go sarcasm now you bafoons, your only brag just vanished, poof :pepe-hips:

Not just that, JYP stocks dropped a lor because of it. There is a post on qoo trending rn, it is gonna be fun soon once pannchoa translates it.

• btw something must changed in Korea overall in terms of those 1st day sales

it doesn't seem to be distributor problem anymore

or maybe foreign fans started to buy more albums in popular music shop chains in their countries

instead of ordering album to count to 'Hanteo sales' knowing they will need to pay more for delivery

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• btw something must changed in Korea overall in terms of those 1st day sales

it doesn't seem to be distributor problem anymore

or maybe foreign fans started to buy more albums in popular music shop chains in their countries

instead of ordering album to count to 'Hanteo sales' knowing they will need to pay more for delivery

We all know the answer. China. People confuse Chinese sales with Cbar sales, which are only part of it. There are also people who don't gfa about bars and order independently. That also went down I believe.

• We all know the answer. China. People confuse Chinese sales with Cbar sales, which are only part of it. There are also people who don't gfa about bars and order independently. That also went down I believe.

yeah I won't be surprised if Chinese fans moved to NewJeans, Le Sserafim, and IVE, plus to ZB1, RIIZE, and more bg's which debuted in 2023

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it's not just itzy

Overall kpop sales inflated too much too fast

Bubbles eventually burst

• I feel like everybody's album sales will be affected, even those groups who lie about their album sales or inflate them will be struck by this. But yeah this is really bad for Itzy, Nmixx, and JYP as a company. Hopefully all of YG's groups are struck by this too, except Blackpink. I just want to see YG's downfall come quicker.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I feel like everybody's album sales will be affected, even those groups who lie about their album sales or inflate them will be struck by this. But yeah this is really bad for Itzy, Nmixx, and JYP as a company. Hopefully all of YG's groups are struck by this too, except Blackpink. I just want to see YG's downfall come quicker.

I wouldn’t freak out too yet. First week sales mean very little until we know the bigger picture with the first month sales. First week sales have always shown an incomplete example of the actual sale. It is mostly focus on due to Kpop fans impatience with waiting for Gaon, now circle, chart from updating. I do think ITZY and Nmixx will sell less after monthly sales but we need to wait to see the full picture. So I wouldn’t say it’s terrible just yet.

• They lost so much on album sales, I guess those 2-3 people who were always sarcastically bragging "they flopped so bad selling million😭" are shaking right now. Go sarcasm now you bafoons, your only brag just vanished, poof :pepe-hips:

Not just that, JYP stocks dropped a lor because of it. There is a post on qoo trending rn, it is gonna be fun soon once pannchoa translates it.

Itzy fans are mostly multi-stans and agency stans, many of whom have moved to other groups like AESPA or Nmixx because to be honest, their music concept is quite similar. even though it's a different type of song. plus ssera is also there. Of course continued comebacks don't help build hype

• The audacity of KPOP stans to shit talk and be shady to China when they've been hard carrying their faves sales for years

because they are loyal to individuals see blackpink. China's biggest girl group but even their albums didn't reach half in the born pink era. in the album half the bp album is from china but born pink is even only a quarter. they also did the same to aespa in the era drama. because of the injustice of arrogant solo stans going on strike

• wouldn’t freak out too yet. First week sales mean very little until we know the bigger picture with the first month sales. First week sales have always shown an incomplete example of the actual sale. It is mostly focus on due to Kpop fans impatience with waiting for Gaon, now circle, chart from updating. I do think ITZY and Nmixx will sell less after monthly sales but we need to wait to see the full picture. So I wouldn’t say it’s terrible just yet.

Their sales will drop in this comeback.

aespa even experienced a decline in album sales in the drama era.

aespa is much bigger than nmixx and itzy their fans are more loyal. the constant comebacks don't help that.

• You can always rely on Dreamer to bring the positivity. Whenever I see that he's created a new thread, I just can't wait to see what sort of nice things he has to say about the groups in question.

:pepe-tea:

Queastion is if "albums" really is a thing for the future? It does not really fill any purpose when it's more or less only streaming today.

Albums will always exist, even if not in physical form. Advertising a new album is much easier than trying to get people hyped about a constant stream of one new song at a time.

There are other arguments that could be made for the retention of physical albums, but I think Kpop companies will be very hesitant to give them up if only because physical albums give fans something to bulk buy. Of course, it's also unnecessary waste...

• Queastion is if "albums" really is a thing for the future? It does not really fill any purpose when it's more or less only streaming today.

Nobody buys albums for cd's but for extra stuff such as photo cards and photobooks. As long as they are included they will be a thing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!