NewJeans and aespa are the 4th gen girl groups with the best creative identities

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

NewJeans and aespa are the girl groups with the best creative teams and you can't convince me otherwise. The have distinct and creative discographies and aesthetics that help them stand out among the overstaurated 4th generation. And with NewJeans in particular its always fun to see how thier team will switch it up each comeback while still keeping true to thier y2k concept.

• Daileemidzy

Changed the title of the thread from “NewJeans and aespa are the girl groups with the best creative identities” to “NewJeans and aespa are the 4th gen girl groups with the best creative identities”.
  • The have distinct and creative discographies and aesthetics that help them stand out among the overstaurated 4th generation.

This is true, out of all groups debuted during 4th generatio I think that aespa and nj impacted their peers the most. I think during the rest of 4th and beginning of 5th generation we will see lots of groups who will be aespa and new jeans inspired.

• Switch it up??? WUT??? All their songs literally sound IDENTICAL. Even OMG, which is a 9 out of 10, is no different than Hybe Boy, Ditto, Super Shy, etc, it is clearly a NJ song just a lot better than the others.

They have definitely engineered a cultural reset in Kpop no doubt. But not because they're switching up their sound lol.

• Switch it up??? WUT??? All their songs literally sound IDENTICAL. Even OMG, which is a 9 out of 10, is no different than Hybe Boy, Ditto, Super Shy, etc, it is clearly a NJ song just a lot better than the others.

They have definitely engineered a cultural reset in Kpop no doubt. But not because they're switching up their sound lol.

Saying Hype Boy, OMG, Ditto, and Super Shy all sound the same is... a choice

• I hope more companies debut groups with their own unique sound and concept once the 5th gen actually starts. New Jeans is definitely a breath of fresh air in the industry, and Aespa is constantly reinventing themselves with their amazing comebacks, their sound has gotten better, and I always look forward to their future comebacks, especially after how good Drama was.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• I agree but I would add IVE and Le Sserafim to this as well. They're too huge in Korea and Japan to ignore.

I wasn't really talking level of popularity but more about how good NewJeans and aespa's creative direction is. IVE's team is good but in my opinion, not on the same level as NewJeans and aespa's teams and Le sserafim is, I think, still figuring out and perfecting their creative identity.

• They’re certainly unique. When you hear a song you can distinctly say “oh that sounds Aespa or that sounds New Jeans

Certainly IVE and LSFM don’t have that. Which is not necessarily a bad thing but yes this is something that does indeed set apart Aespa or NJ

We are definitely more likely to say that’s an Aespa sounding song or NJ sounding song than any of the other new GGs.

• They’re certainly unique. When you hear a song you can distinctly say “oh that sounds Aespa or that sounds New Jeans

Certainly IVE and LSFM don’t have that. Which is not necessarily a bad thing but yes this is something that does indeed set apart Aespa or NJ

We are definitely more likely to say that’s an Aespa sounding song or NJ sounding song than any of the other new GGs.

To me, this is the biggest difference between 3rd generation girl groups and 4th gen. All the top girl groups of 3rd gen had extremely diverse sounds and concepts that were unique to each of them.

I could instantly tell a GFriend song from a Mamamoo song from a BlackPink song within the first 5 to 10 seconds, and I usually didn't even need that long.

Right now, NewJeans and aespa have the strongest and clearest identity when it comes to their sound and concepts, whether you find them "boring" or "too abstract".

• I can see the argument of how the two groups stand out in terms of artistic direction. I also think they've both built "worlds", but in certain ways they are "worlds apart".

NewJeans basically created a world through the cohesiveness of their branding - a world and aesthetic that people can relate to and advertisers can straight lift and not have to translate:

External Content www.youtube.com

Even for Nike, rather than try to come up with something to associate NewJeans with their brand, it was the opposite in their latest campaign, as they wanted to embed themselves in their world:

Original released exactly 1 yr ago to the minute -

Unlike Apple with ETA, Nike missed out on product placement for Ditto and decided to spend money on a campaign that essentially just recreated a product placement after the fact, lol. That said, I think it's genius as Ditto plays with the themes of time (timeless sentiments, traveling back in time, etc.) in its real time lore:

aespa also went above and beyond and welcomed you into their world. However, Kwangya, created by LSM, wasn't tailored just for aespa but was rather an SM world shared by other artists. A world that turned out to be one that aespa themselves didn't particularly seem to want to be a part of. Overall, it was an intriguing and scalable concept with potential, but could've been better executed - you can compare aespa ae's vs. NewJean's Powerpuff avatars to see the difference in execution. With LSM gone, I guess we won't know if it would've been savaged salvaged at some point in the future.

• It's also quite funny that both groups are heavily influence by 2000's

Newjeans with the 2000's aesthetic/ melancolic

and Aespa with the Y2K concept

i also liked how brand respect their image and aesthetic and don't try to push them their ideas

for example the crocs x Aespa collab was so aespa coded that it felt right on brand with them

same for the game collab, it felt natural for aespa and not out of place compare to other groups collaborating with games

that's why it took so much years for aespa and new jeans to debut

and it was a smart move

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!