I feel like NewJeans has so far been putting out literally the best they have and we'll see a rapid quality decline pretty soon

• Not just I feel tbh, but actually Min Hee Jin semi confirmed it when she was being interviewed about New Jeans and talked about how she already had these songs for a while in waiting. And that's not an uncommon practice, same thing we know from JYP, during one of Itzy shows he said his favorite Itzy song is the one they're yet to release in the future, which turned out to be Cheshire.

So what I am trying to say is that Min Hee Jin knew she had hits with these songs long before they became ones. But she certainly hasn't planned their entire career, right? At some point they'll catch up with material and will have to find new songs in rather short amounts of time and they'll start missing.

I think that's ultimately what happens to majority of groups, not just NJ. The same probably happened to Twice, they drank BEP and JYP dry and started shopping internationally and that's a difficult process because you literally have an ocean full of songs and you have to find the right one and do it quikly. And for the same reason YG was likely having these huge breaks between BP comebacks, otherwise Batter Up would've been a BP song long time ago. And Min Hee Jin can go that YG route as well, we'll have to wait and see.

• I cant wait for them to change their musical direction.

I have some suggestions.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Imagine no more dentist office Cleveland garage scene muzak, just pure effing 80s retro brilliance ffs.

• All Get Up songs were composed after Ditto release. It was not a collection of demos, it was composed by a group in writing/production sessions as a whole piece of music.

Erika de Casier explained about the producing process

Meet the Secret R&B Weapon Behind NewJeans’ Catchiest Hits
    You might not have heard of Erika de Casier. But the Portugal-born, Copenhagen-based singer-songwriter helped bring “Super Shy” and “Cool With You” to life on…
    www.gq.com

• Its subjective, imo Super Shy was a very good song 8.5/10 and ETA 8/10, but weren't as good as their previous songs like Ditto, Hybe Boy, Attention etc., which were bangers 9.5/10.

But does MJH have still have very good/great songs up her sleeve, or has she used up all the great songs already. I'm surprised she didn't decide on a Dec or Jan comeback, and went with a re-mix release.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• Now you're cooking something up.

No, they did not. Globally, Super Shy is NJ's best performing title track, spending the second most weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 behind only Cupid, and it is their most streamed title track on Spotify to date. It also spent 50 days at #1 on Melon, behind Ditto.

"but that's only bc Ditto made them popular ofc that song performs well" or "but it didn't make them win SOTY" :boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe:

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• "but that's only bc Ditto made them popular ofc that song performs well" or "but it didn't make them win SOTY" :boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe::boompepe:

We need to start up the AKP Edition of the Cope Olympics next year. There will be a helluva lot of coping when NJ sets more records in 2024

• This doesn't make me wrong, didn't Super Shy and ETA perform weaker than their previous stuff?

In Korea yeah. Internationally Super Shy is their biggest hit to date and ETA performed on pair with Attention. Not that chat performance has anything to do with quality in first place

But your point is wrong because the only pre-debut stuff NJ has released as far as I'm concerned are their debut EP i.e. Attention, Hype Boy, Cookie, and Hurt

All their other songs were composed on the fly, during their comeback breaks. This dismantles the argument they "already released their best music", because their music was mostly composed after their debut

Granted: It doesn't mean their follow-ups will be as good as their current music, but it doesn't give any evidence their quality is going down either

So anything can happen, It's 50-50 now

• But does MJH have still have very good/great songs up her sleeve, or has she used up all the great songs already. I'm surprised she hasn't decided on a Dec or Jan comeback, and went with a re-mix release.

I actually agree that poured everything into their debut, spending a lot of time which they had the luxury of having predebut. I also think they left nothing on the table - remember, though since then others have been inspired to do the same, releasing multiple (4) tracks and with their own MVs wasn't a thing, much less for a debut. It's a good thing for the industry, all Kpop fans are eating. And they saved nothing for the swim back.

External Content www.youtube.com

The idea for Ditto was born after the success of their debut - it was a thank you gift for all the Attention and Hype they received, just in time for Christmas. Just like the upcoming NJWMX album. I'm not sure if they even expected it to do as well as OMG.

All the major companies have the same access to great creators and money to spend on them, the differentiator is taste. 250 and FRNK were unconventional picks and were much acclaimed. But they didn't need to rely on them for Super Shy. Ylva Dimberg is absent altogether in their latest album. And as mentioned previously, Erika de Casier was cold approached for her first project not her own, much less a Kpop one:

One of the first questions they asked me was, "Do you listen a lot to K-Pop?" And I got so nervous and I had to be honest and said, "No, I haven't yet explored that genre." And they're like, "Good, because we want something new. We want something fresh."

ADOR would be the last label I'd have concerns in the taste department or question the ability to keep things fresh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!