I wonder which JYP girl group will doing the best on the Korean charts next year with their comebacks happening quite close to each other

• Choose your fighter 26

1. Itzy (12) 46%
    2. Twice (10) 38%
    3. Nmixx (4) 15%

Itzy is dropping their music on Jan 8, Nmixx on Jan 15, and Twice might release in early March, likely because it's related to spring. It's a close schedule, especially for Itzy and Nmixx. I'm curious who will doing the best on Korean charts among these three JYP girl groups.

This question is equivalent to, who's Korean favourite Jyp gg now, the one that they still at least care to check on their new songs.

Last year, suprisingly Nmixx did the best on these charts. Will they be able to keep their crown for this year and remain their position?

• I don't foresee any of them doing well, but Itzy reminds me of Red Velvet in the fact that even when they have multiple poor-charting songs, they will randomly have successful songs too. So perhaps Itzy. Twice has been continuing to flop for going on four years now, and NMixx I think has only ever had one minor hit?

• Do day6 songs really reach higher peaks on melon compared to twice,itzy or nmixx?

Just this year alone, the 2 best charting songs by JYPE on Youtube is both Day6, and it's a 2017 and 2019 song with no group promotion

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

On Circles

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But back to Melon, they are the top 2 most liked song on Melon, even surpassing Cheer Up and we know how big that song is

External Content x.com

• Interesting, so they have great longevity but their songs lack in reaching high peak on charts on release

• Interesting, so they have great longevity but their songs lack in reaching high peak on charts on release

Yeah that.

Thing is, they weren't big then, but slowly build up their fanbase and public recognition overtime.

The funny thing is how they are at their most popular at the time where they are not promoting.

2020 they won Best Band at MAMA and that was during their hiatus where they didn't promote the song that won.

And now in 2023, their digital score in Korea is I think at their highest ever with 2 older releases with no promotions

So I'm excited to see what 2024 is going to bring since they are all out of military now

• I think for all 3 groups it will depend heavily on the song and the level of promotion :/

Usually a group can have an edge when they're among the most popular groups (in SK), their previous songs of their previous 1-2 comebacks were hit songs, or their company had a reputation of delivering hit songs (like YG in 2nd gen) => all these can make people check out new songs.

But those aren't the case here (anymore), so it'll purely depend on the song and promotion (and apparently, Tiktok?).

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• my bet on NMIXX

It seems like Sonar kinda resonate with international audience more and their hype is going up. Their title track, maybe is something more GP friendly.

They honestly have the best chance out of those 3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!