kpop vocals vs actually good vocals

• actual show that does not use backtracks or edits things later to make them sound good btw

good singer :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

voice clarity is insane

tons of adlibs but still beautifully coherent

always on tune

PERFECT amount of power, never too loud or too mild

could straight up be a studio recording

good for kpop standards :

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sounds trained but mechanical

some members sound very off

pronunciation all over the place

very muddy, rough voices

often off tune

some too loud, some quiet

sounds nothing like the actual song

bad even for kpop standards :

lolz

• Itzy's singing :waterr:

They have a lot of tension in their voice when they sing it's hard to listen to ;(;(

"hard to listen to" is the most accurate description of most kpop live vocals imo

those korean shows with extreme post-processing are slightly bearable but fans think those are real

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I've been a The Voice fan for years before I became a kpoopie and I laugh every single time someone praising their fav vocal or any kind of kpop vocal compilation, ranking, comparation etc. No hon you into kpop not for vocal, trust me so please stop any comparation bs or you're just clout yourself. And the fact that most of them are just lip-syncing all the time tho :sweat: (btw I'm not talking about you op, just in general).

• I've been a The Voice fan for years before I became a kpoopie and I laugh every single time someone praising their fav vocal or any kind of kpop vocal compilation, ranking, comparation etc. No hon you into kpop not for vocal, trust me so please stop any comparation bs or you're just clout yourself. And the fact that most of them are just lip-syncing all the time tho :sweat: (btw I'm not talking about you op, just in general).

kpop idol vs. unknow singer

tbh every nation has high level singing comps where all contestants would wipe the floor with established popstars in skill, and kpop is probably bottom of the barrel among popstars

that said, that woman sings like a god

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Listen to infinite. They sing live and do it most of the time with no backtrack. You can hear them breathing doing the dance and you will notice any mistakes like a member missing a lyric or saying the wrong word lol

• Listen to infinite. They sing live and do it most of the time with no backtrack. You can hear them breathing doing the dance and you will notice any mistakes like a member missing a lyric or saying the wrong word lol

i could say this about bigbang 2pm and a lot of 2nd gen boygroups

honestly, 2nd gen bgs were probably the best live performers in kpop history

but i still think they'd sound bad compared to actually skilled singers

u r m o m g a y

• have kpop ever been about the "vocals" ????

Only when fans wanting to brag and one up whoever they are comparing/opposing. If KPOP was all about vocals, how boring would it be. You don't need KPOP, there's K-ballads for it. You wouldn't get thread like these. Individually, there are some great singers in a group but vocally good as a group is rare.

Mamamoo is one of the rare gems.  :pepeflushed:

---======---

• While I'm sure there are way better vocalists esp. when you're looking at a global scale and throughout the decades than most K-pop idols, I also think that (a number of) K-pop fans go overboard at the other extreme in looking down on and belittling K-pop vocalists.

I've even seen K-pop fans bash and scoff at any claim that some K-pop vocalists are better than certain American pop artists, and that some of these contemporary American pop artists aren't actually that great in their vocal technique. As if those K-pop fans think that ALL American pop artists are by default near or at the level of a Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston X/

While I can appreciate and praise other groups for their other strengths, as a vocals/dance talent fan I have no problem at all praising and appreciating K-pop artists for their vocals, especially with SM groups among my main biases like SNSD and Red Velvet :-)

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited 3 times, last by FoReveries ().

• Only when fans wanting to brag and one up whoever they are comparing/opposing. If KPOP was all about vocals, how boring would it be. You don't need KPOP, there's K-ballads for it. You wouldn't get thread like these. Individually, there are some great singers in a group but vocally good as a group is rare.

Mamamoo is one of the rare gems.  :pepeflushed:

hmmm...and look I understand and agree that a lot of people do appreciate great vocals and may even stan groups solely on based on the voices

but I would also bet that a lot more people stan kpop groups for non-vocal reasons...

never got into Mamamoo so I wouldn't know but I trust your judgment my friend

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!