Treasure removed Dokdo from the map while announcing their Japan tour

• Treasure removed Dokdo from the map while announcing their Japan tour

Treasure-removed-Dokdo-from-the-map-while-announcing-their-Japan-tour-1-1024x768.jpg

Treasure-removed-Dokdo-from-the-map-while-announcing-their-Japan-tour-2-1024x602.jpg

Treasure-removed-Dokdo-from-the-map-while-announcing-their-Japan-tour-3-1024x562.jpg

Treasure-removed-Dokdo-from-the-map-while-announcing-their-Japan-tour-4.jpg

1. They are traitors

2. Of course it’s YG

3. It’s a company that should have gone bankrupt a long time ago

4. Are they crazy?

5. It’s crazy that K-pop idols use the map without Dokdo

6. Crazy, they’ve really crossed the line

7. Does this group have many Japanese members?

8. Just promote in Japan from now on

9. I’m not surprised because it’s YG

10. This is my first time seeing them but they are traitors;;;

11. I can understand why they don’t have Korean fans

12. It’s a traitor group from a traitor company

13. I guess they don’t want to promote in Korea anymore

14. YG Treasure, they are traitors..

Original post (1)

Treasure removed Dokdo from the map while announcing their Japan tour – Pannkpop

• Before some fans say something stupid in regards to the reactions of people in Korea.. the same happens in Japan too.

The island. For westerners this would be like Cuba your neighbor calling Hawaii its territory despite being there etc and then you the American artist knowing they will make good money doing a tour in Cuba, decides to omit Hawaii from their map all together hoping it will quell tensions

• For this I kinda agree with Knetz. Territory and boundary are a quite sensitive issue for any countries. Not to mention that Korea was once colonized by Japan which making this worst. And apparently there are conflict between these two country for the ownership status of this island.

• I honestly think if you want to deal with Taiwan, China, Japan and Korea, just don't use maps

Ever.

Even if the venue is a local hole-in-the-wall restaurant in an undisputed city. Just say the place and let people figure it out from there

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• or maybe its simply not depicted because its too small...

Considering a bunch of other islands that are not contested and are larger than dokdo are not shown either.

• Are they talking about this island?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8XnLBsoR5Ouj6gXPtgpzIFd7pUqTbLa47EQ&usqp=CAU

Right? Lol.

By the way, this is getting zero traction in Korea. Not even on the toxic fangirl site Nate/Pann that always like to make a big deal out of nothing.

No one cares.

This is just one of those nontroversies that @Oppar likes to post.

It's the equivalent of a Reddit post with 12 upvotes and saying it represents all American "netizens."

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• or maybe its simply not depicted because its too small...

Considering a bunch of other islands that are not contested and are larger than dokdo are not shown either.

Are they talking about this island?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8XnLBsoR5Ouj6gXPtgpzIFd7pUqTbLa47EQ&usqp=CAU

Well... as someone from a very small country, which is pretty much an archipelago, I have very often seen maps that don't have my country on it.

and if TREASURE decided to have a Europe tour and included a map that didn't have my country on it, then I wouldn't be mad.

• This issue again? It's some rocks. Uninhabitable rocks. They're so small that they aren't even visible on Google maps at this distance, so why should they be visible on this map?

Before some fans say something stupid in regards to the reactions of people in Korea.. the same happens in Japan too.

The island. For westerners this would be like Cuba your neighbor calling Hawaii its territory despite being there etc and then you the American artist knowing they will make good money doing a tour in Cuba, decides to omit Hawaii from their map all together hoping it will quell tensions

Ahh, the good ol' "all westerners are Americans" trope, tried & true. Not the best comparison, to put it lightly. For starters, Cuba would have trouble claiming something that's thousands of miles away in an entirely different ocean. But more importantly, Hawaii is an island chain actually inhabited by American citizens. Over a million of them. No one lives on these rocks, because they can't. They won't sustain life. Oh, and Hawaii is actually large enough to appear on a map.

• So it seems they left lots of other small islands off the map too... People are just looking for shit to be angry about. The most likely explanation is that they just didn't bother listing every island ever because why would they list them on a tour map? jfc

• and you prob know why? bc lbr treasure is irrelevant in korea. good for treasure tho the perks of being irrelevant

• For this I kinda agree with Knetz. Territory and boundary are a quite sensitive issue for any countries. Not to mention that Korea was once colonized by Japan which making this worst. And apparently there are conflict between these two country for the ownership status of this island.

That island in under control of which country right now?

• I guess this is a sensitive issue but isn't calling them traitors and such far too extreme?

Koreans are very sensitive when it comes to Dokdo. It’s kind of a stand in for basically ever negative thing Japan has done to Korea. I agree it’s dumb to call them traitors but whoever in YG who didn’t include it is dumb like I’m assuming they are Korean and they know how sensitive Koreans are about that.

How much of Treasure's revenue comes from knetz?

Maybe 3% ? probably less.

• Koreans are very sensitive when it comes to Dokdo. It’s kind of a stand in for basically ever negative thing Japan has done to Korea. I agree it’s dumb to call them traitors but whoever in YG who didn’t include it is dumb like I’m assuming they are Korean and they know how sensitive Koreans are about that.

Whatever Koreans might say.

Treasure does not derive its revenue from Korea.

• true but they are Korean, its nice to be able to live in your home country without being known as a traitor. They have to be careful

2 of them are Japanese

And now people in that kind of position can choose to live at anywhere they feel like

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!