Somi releases MV for "Gold Gold Gold"

• The fact that this got a huge budget while Lisa - Money didnt is mindblowing

I love Teddy Park but he's just as susceptible to falling victim to pride/ego as the next fella. Teddy had no credits for Money, it probably hurt his ego to see it destroy Lalisa in the charts :rolleyes: .

Although i do side with him on the merits of the songs, Money is a 4 or 5, Lalisa was a 9 out of 10.

• I love Teddy Park but he's just as susceptible to falling victim to pride/ego as the next fella. Teddy had no credits for Money, it probably hurt his ego to see it destroy Lalisa in the charts :rolleyes: .

Although i do side with him on the merits of the songs, Money is a 4 or 5, Lalisa was a 9 out of 10.

Money is definitely a 10 compared to Gold Gold Gold, that's for sure lmao

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• The fact that this got a huge budget while Lisa - Money didnt is mindblowing

I'm pretty sure that Somi pays for her MVs, directly or indirectly.

Lisa could have taken some of the profits from "Money" to pay for an MV. Why though when a relatively cheap performance video is killing it?

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• I think folks are taking the song and MV too seriously lol.

It's a straight up parody, i dont think Somi herself thinks she's gonna pull off badass hip hop swag with the gold teeth and eyepatch. ;(;(

It's Somi's version of this classic:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You’re expecting too much from kpop stans lol satire doesn’t exist in their vocabulary and you could wear a neon sign on your head saying you’re making a joke and they’d still believe you were being deadass serious 😂

It’s honestly baffling that so few people seem to get this mv’s obvious message - you can literally see in her demeanors that somi’s making a joke every single scene with the overt references to typical ott trashy bragging culture in hiphop, and she’s just having fun with it after putting her own youthful spin on what was supposed to be “hard swag” or whatever, but peeps are actually dissecting it as if she’s seriously trying to be “a serious rap god” like cl or gragon i can’t 😂 it boggles the mind how little grasp some factions have on comedic intelligence, it’s insane

• I would say that it is a lighthearted parody playfully making fun of Somi's producers' usual style.

Somi is effectively teasing her producers (something she does all the time). That's why they are all in the video, except Teddy because he has issues (How is he going to take part in that Mnet show when he can't even appear in Somi's video?).

• You’re expecting too much from kpop stans lol satire doesn’t exist in their vocabulary and you could wear a neon sign on your head saying you’re making a joke and they’d still believe you were being deadass serious 😂

It’s honestly baffling that so few people seem to get this mv’s obvious message - you can literally see in her demeanors that somi’s making a joke every single scene with the overt references to typical ott trashy bragging culture in hiphop, and she’s just having fun with it after putting her own youthful spin on what was supposed to be “hard swag” or whatever, but peeps are actually dissecting it as if she’s seriously trying to be “a serious rap god” like cl or gragon i can’t 😂 it boggles the mind how little grasp some factions have on comedic intelligence, it’s insane

I thought the thumbnail alone made that obvious, but whatever.

• and the blacklabel gang scene remind me of CL- the baddest female where teddy did make an appearance iirc

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!