KPop vs Country - a fight which would have been unnecessary if the Korean incels did not go berserk

• There is an old saying, "When the cat is away , the mice will play".

BTS' conquest of the world and rule was nothing short of legendary, and every singer on the face of the world, except a certain singer in her 1,340s, had to kneel before them.

But its empire was destroyed by enemies within, and although its most dogged and stubborn enemy had been distracted by other stuff like filming a couple flop movies and traveling to Japan with an actor,

A far more stronger and organized foe became entrenched in the United States of America.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Morgan Wallen completely eradicated the empire of KPop in United States.

Like Napoleon's foes learning from his strategy , the country fans learned the practices from KPop and began to use Kpop strategies to promote their own champions.

Jason Aldean, who was somewhat popular in the country scene but not much so outside of it, Luke Combs, who was a bit better known since he had a peak 2 song in the Billboard Hot 100 (behind Ariana Grande's Positions) is also doing strong in the Hot 100.

That will not be the end of the country backlash against KPop.

#1s in Hot 100, 2023

Mariah Carey - you know what song it is - 1 week. Special case, not counted.

Pop

Taylor Swift - Anti Hero 2 weeks

Miley Cyrus - Flowers 6 weeks

(both have country background but for the purposes of this I will consider them to be Pop)

The Weeknd and Ariana Grande - Die for you 1 week

SZA - Kill Bill 1 week

Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire 1 week

Total 12 weeks.

Country

Morgan Wallen- Last Night - 13 weeks

Jason Aldean - Try this in a small town - 1 week

Total 14 weeks.

KPop

Jimin - Like Crazy - 1 week

Jungkook - Seven (featuring rapper Latto) - 1 week

Total - 2 weeks

So, country 14, Pop 12 (6 of them coming from country background), Kpop 2

Country is now entrenched in the Hot 100.

If BTS were there, vigilantly destroying any country singers before they got stronger, none of this would have occurred.

And I think at least a couple more KPop acts would have attacked #1 in Hot 100.

Country will always be popular among a segment of US population so it won't be easy to eliminate them, but now the forces of Country has become too strong to entrench and their fans are now strong enough to give a very serious challenge on KPop which I doubt can be overcome easily

• so whats the gameplan to destroy country music for good

It will be hard.

Trump is on this game, and whether he wins or loses in 2024, the country followers will be even more entrenched.

Country singers have learned from the trot experience in Korea. Their entrenched fan base will fight Kpop until the latter breaks down.

• A lot of it is also the "death of" major new Western pop stars, the decline of rap, the rise of regional Mexican music (which is basically country). Billboard has run several articles about this lately, here's a relevant one (with relevant commentary -- he actually notes that there ARE plenty of pop stars, just not coming from America).

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well i was first so i call dibs :mad:

…Tee hee..can’t help but hear a certain song play after reading this:

• …Tee hee..can’t help but hear a certain song play after reading this:

i should also get a pass onto that helicopter bc i have no idea what this song is so proof i am purified from all country music i am clean ur honor

imagewe are the two as oneimage
    tumblr_87c871885fc1b1ac179f7fad3f66c807_97657e41_540_5.gif

• Am I bad at math or are you missing 3 or 4 weeks from your calculation?

Edit:

ok, Miley did 8 weeks (6 + 2).

Wallen has 15 weeks (1 + 2 + 10 +1 +1)

Country 16, pop 14, kpop 2

That is the 32 weeks of this year.

• BTW I do believe Swift nuna could be back at #1 next week.

External Content twitter.com

• I see 32 including unnie Carey.

• Game plan is to give up. Kpop was and is always marketed towards Younger audiences and preferably female too. Whereas country music is marketed towards all ages and gender.

A country singer like Swift, Wallen will have hits that last generations and continues to influence the music scene for that demographic for years to come.

Kpop is geared more towards fast and flashy, you will be lucky if something lasts longer than a decade. This includes BTS as well. Though they are great artists they are still kpop and after so many years they will be forgotten and fans will slowly move on, grow up, start families etc. Whereas that dang country music is eternal.

Then you add on the fact that BTS are foreigners to that country. No matter how great you think they are they will never replace someone like Wallen or swift for one simple factor. DEMOGRAPHICS! This is true in every country Same reason why swift or any other western artists hadn't replaced BTS or BigBang etc. BECAUSE THEY ARE FOREIGNERS!! The overwhelmingly vast majority of people in their respective countries listen primarily to music that is in THEIR OWN FUCKIN LANGUAGE! For obvious reasons. Plus the slight factor of familiarity as the singer is a citizen like them and likely share something in common. Whereas with a forgien singer there's likely none of this.

No forgien singer will ever replace the domestic singer for their own country. Only way BTS could ever replace Wallen is they would have to totally study USA culture and then make country music and sing it entirely in English. Something that's never going to happen

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!