IU declares war against the 4th Generation - who will have the honor of bringing her down?

• Who will finally bring Lee Jieun down from the throne? 25

1. IVE (4) 16%
    2. NewJeans (7) 28%
    3. Le Sserafim (1) 4%
    4. aespa (2) 8%
    5. NMIXX (0) 0%
    6. Gidle (0) 0%
    7. Kep1er (0) 0%
    8. YG New GG (1) 4%
    9. CSR (0) 0%
    10. Whyknock knows none of them will defeat whyknock's favorite subject (10) 40%

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The former owner of Edam Entertainment announced that she took a sabbatical in 2022, which is true since she didn't to anything notable this year other than a 2 day concert.

She said she will be very active in 2023.

Which means she has declared war against the 4th gen of KPop.

Since 4th Gen boy groups tend to be geared more towards foreign fans and have very little bases in K-O-R-E-A, and she has already beaten Stray Kids, the biggest boy act of the 4th Gen, and Enhypen on the day she had a much larger concert than them, she does not seem to feel that she needs to defeat the boy groups again.

Which means she will attack the girl groups who are leading the 4th Generation.

One of these will have the honor of fighting Lee Jieun

IVE

New Jeans, who escapes her blow this time but maybe next time

aespa, whom she already beat at Strawberry Moon-Savage fight

Le Sserafim

Kep1er

NMIXX

Gidle

I add 2 dark horses.

YG NGG, if it ever gets to debut

CSR, which is associated with IU's mentor Yoonsang and she tends to have a weak spot on acts coming from smaller outfits.

It is likely that like she attacked SNSD in late 2011, EXO in late 2013 and BTS in Sep 2017 (the last defeat BTS suffered before launching to conquer the entire world; ironically its first defeat also came from IU when she took the Melon Artist Award back in Dec 2021)

Lee Jieun will go after one of the 2 biggies.

She already beat aespa so she is likely to attack IVE , and failing that, probably New Jeans. Once she defeats one of them, fighting the other will probably be unnecessary; she didn't fight Wonder Girls after defeating SNSD, and she didn't fight BlackPink after defeating Twice in the Knock Knock vs Through the Night battle.

Nothing has been confirmed about her drama, and this time she apparently got an agreement that she would do her singer stuff even while filming the drama.

The high gallup rating which put her at #2 despite of doing not much in 2022 probably moved her, and motivated her to fight the 4th Gen before it is too late for her to overcome them.

Will the 4th Gen prove to be strong enough to unite and defeat her and end the older generations once for all?

• Why think this way? Just let that queen keep "queenin'" in all the qualitative ways (i.e. music catalog, MVs, TV, Philanthropic, etc.) that she does!

• I think Aespa dealt a crippling blow to IU in 2021. Strawberry might have defeated Savage but Next Level destroyed Strawberry and even outlongevitized Celebrity. Next Level was the biggest hit of 2021.

I've mentioned what NL did to BTS but i think it did the same thing to IU. I think she was shook to her core, which caused her to go on musical hiatus for all of 2022, much like how BTS entered one earlier this year.

2021 was a seminal year in Kpop. Izone's sacrifice paved the way for Next Level and the birth of Ive. The explosive cultural reset known as New Jeans has now completed what Next Level set in motion - the complete destruction and rout of the 2nd and 3rd generations of Kpop. This includes IU. I think her comeback will do well initially but i have a sneaking suspicion that it wont come close to Celebrity or any of the monster 4th gen hits from this year.

The 1343 year reign of Jang Man Wol is almost at an end. The river has almost come to the sea, and i don't think IU can stop it this time. ;(

• I don’t doubt their charting power but NJ is no different than how Korea perceived twice and gfriend tho.

Who knows? newjeans is the one breaking all this records and unlike Twice or Gfriend, newjeans has strong global presence too (comparatively).

I personally want Les serafim to bring IU to her knees

:boompepe:

• Well we’re talking about Korea IU outlasted all the previous groups IVE, NJ etc aren’t her competition lol. Twice is doing well internationally anyway.

• newjeans girls have something is common with IU. Korea fell in love with them because of their youth. IU was Nation’s little sister and now newjeans are nation’s younger sister group (lol). So they got the potential for sure.

They have similar style, catering to the same fanbase. So they could do some serious damage to IU and the latter appears to be aware of it

• Why think this way? Just let that queen keep "queenin'" in all the qualitative ways (i.e. music catalog, MVs, TV, Philanthropic, etc.) that she does!

Because IU's ideology and the 4th Gen GG's ideology can't coexist.

IU won't be happy until

1) KPop is buried

2) Korean Pop is only for Koreans

3) Only her style of vocalist, domestic must remains.

Basically IU and the KPop acts can't coexist, hence the eternal fight between KPop and Lee Jieun.

• It was IU who snatched the Grand Prizes out of aespa's hands. So aespa went the international route, shunning K-O-R-E-A, in 2022.

Strawberry moon might be the most significant song in 2021 since it brought down both BTS and aespa.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!