Former Attrakt girl group The Lush member speaks up in defense of CEO

• Former Attrakt girl group The Lush member speaks up in defense of CEO

0001614320_001_20230710174103971.jpg

Article: "CEO-nim is someone who made sure our group got paid even when we were still in debt" The Lush member tears up during interview

Source: News 1 TV Entertainment via YouTube

[+1,500] I saw other interviews by this group and they said that for seven years, the CEO never took them to dinners with investors or advertisers... which is surprising, if you know anything about the industry, and especially about how much harder it is for smaller agencies. The CEO seems like he has clear morals about how he wants to run things, and it's amazing that he was doing this 10 years ago.

- [+122] We all know why CEOs bring their girl groups to dinners with investors... to offer up a one night service.

- [+115] Yes, this member claims that he never once brought them to any unsavory location and stressed that a singer only needs to worry about singing well and to leave the business stuff up to the company~~

[+953] The CEO is no longer their current CEO but The Lush members keep calling him their CEO, which shows how warm he must've been to them. I don't know how you could ever betray such a person...

[+446] The Lush... I've never heard of this group and looked them up to take a listen, and their vocals filled up my speakers. I can see why the CEO adored them so... I hope that their songs get the spotlight that they deserve and that things work out for their former CEO as well.

[+329] It's hard to receive such positive feedback from a former employee like this. He really does seem like a kind person.

[+178] I can feel her genuine respect for him ㅠ find strength, CEO-nim. The entire country is supporting you!!!

[+266] How kind he must've been towards everyone for people like her to come forward in his defense... He's lived a good life

[+874] Aigoo, she is such a kind person ㅠ She said that she's sad she's not more famous than she is to be of more help ㅠ I can really feel that she wants to help him

[+60] Nothing but good stories come out of this man the deeper you dig. I've never heard of The Lush until today and they have some pretty good songs like 'I Belong to You.' I hope we can create a world where the kind are rewarded. Find strength!!

[+91] She teared up while expressing her gratitude for him... you can just feel how preciously he treated his people. I wish men like him would succeed in this industry so that they can spread their positive influence to more celebrities.

[+410] I'm just sad that it seems like he's far past the point where he'll be able to recover this girl group... I hope Ahn Sung Il gets criminally charged, that scamster who thinks the debt belongs to the CEO if the group flops, but every hit belongs to him ㅋㅋ

[+201] Hard to believe that a CEO like him has existed in our industry at all

-

img_20230710192231_1885688a.webp

bl0gspot.com

• He is calling everyone in his address book and the only people who can be bothered to come out are some nugus which we don't even know who they are.

Fairly pathetic.

All the companies prior groups have been nugus.

• [+1,500] I saw other interviews by this group and they said that for seven years, the CEO never took them to dinners with investors or advertisers... which is surprising, if you know anything about the industry, and especially about how much harder it is for smaller agencies. The CEO seems like he has clear morals about how he wants to run things, and it's amazing that he was doing this 10 years ago.

- [+122] We all know why CEOs bring their girl groups to dinners with investors... to offer up a one night service.

The seedy side of the entertainment business. We know how horrendous it can get, whether we're talking about the Hollywood casting couch or the Korean "investor" dinners. This just makes me really sad sometimes. There are so little opportunities to reach superstardom, so many thousands competing for the handful of spots at the top of Kpop, or Hollywood, or whatever industry....mix these young ambitions with people with real power and money and influence who are able to lord it over all these young girls, and the opportunity for exploitation is enormous.

• I really don't trust this guy. The way the media is so strongly in favor of him acting like he's just this kind sweet guy in the industry and these 18 year old girls took advantage of him. Clearly a narrative is being pushed, and Koreans overwhelmingly (and most i-fans) fell for it, like ThePhantomThief said.

He's been a PR manager, he knows all about the razzle-dazzle of the media. Tell them a little bit and let the media/netizens fill in the blanks. Reminds me of this scene from the musical Chicago. But instead of "they both reached for the gun" netizens are saying "the girls are greedy backstabbers"

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I feel like both sides are guilty to varying degrees; it's not such a black and white case. But people are acting like they've solved the mystery when we actually don't know anything. But I will say, I don't trust the guy who ruined Hotshot, sorry.

And Idk what she's talking about, I was actually a fan of the Lush. They released literally three songs, and their second comeback didn't even have an MV. And this was their MV with the highest budget, like he didn't even try with her group.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Hopkinz ().

• People keep saying they don't trust him, he's shady, it's media play.
    Fine. Wheres the media play against him? Where are the former idols under him saying he's a terrible manager, a neerdowell, a scallywag?
    People bring up that he ruined Hotshot. Will Hotshot speak up in support of 50/50? What if they actually speak up in favour of CEO?

Again, he's winning because he's bringing it. The other side aren't bringing a thing back.

• People keep saying they don't trust him, he's shady, it's media play.
    Fine. Wheres the media play against him? Where are the former idols under him saying he's a terrible manager, a neerdowell, a scallywag?
    People bring up that he ruined Hotshot. Will Hotshot speak up in support of 50/50? What if they actually speak up in favour of CEO?

Again, he's winning because he's bringing it. The other side aren't bringing a thing back.

Well there was Gil Hak Mi, who worked with this JHJ who said"Feel bad for those girls... I understand how they feel because I wanted to do the same. People who haven't dealt with him directly won't ever know."

And tbh if I were in Hotshot's position I wouldn't get involved one way or another because I don't know exactly what went on, so it's not my place to make a statement. I'd have to be REALLY mad about the disbandment to bring up my previous experience with the dude. And even then, the court of public opinion is on his side, so people would probably just cancel me for saying my truth, poking holes in my statements, and saying I just want attention/I'm bitter that my career never took off. Not to mention, I wouldn't want to get sued for slander on Fifty Fifty's behalf. I think theres a law in Korea where even if you are telling the truth, you can still get sued if you're trying to publicly slander someone's reputation. That's why lots of people who come forward to share their experiences are foreigners.

I do agree with you though that he definitely is bringing it and the other side isn't.

Edited once, last by Hopkinz ().

• Lets be honest, Court of Public Opinion, especially in showbiz related things, is incredibly important as it kind of dictates what comes next for the parties. You may win the legal cases, but if public opinion in you is tanked, "you'll never work in this town again".

yeap I don't disagree with thee my friend

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!