[Theqoo] SM gaslighted Baekhyun into prematurely renewing his contract during military enlistment for the sake of the other EXO members

• "Around December of 2022, EXO members received a renewal letter from SM that added five years to the initial contracts (12-13 years), totaling 17-18 years. We requested adjustments 8 times but SM did not accept them. There was a steadfast refusal to accept any change and in the end, almost none of the requests were included.

At the time, SM said that they wanted all members to make the choice to renew together. They said to Bakehyun (who was serving in the military), you need to sign so the other members can get paid. He was told he could cancel the new contract at any time because the renewal has not yet been activated.

In order to keep EXO’s activities continuing without interruption, Baekhyun had no choice but to renew even though he had a year left on his initial contract. Baekhyun signed the new contract out of loyalty to his members and to protect the team EXO."

"We were puzzled by the suddenness and the haste at which the contract was renewed when there was more than a year left. After the renewal, there were several stories in the media over the SM takeover battle (by Kakao or Hybe) and we couldn’t help but wonder is that why they pulled out the contract and had us renew with a year left."

For EXO's fans:

"If someone is taking advantage of the memories, love, youth, hard work, and passion that the members and fans have shared for 11 years, this should be corrected. We have shared joy, anger, and sorrow with the members for half of our lives. We will never betray such members and we will put EXO first in any situation."

Additionally:

"On 8 AM on 5 Jun, SM distributed a press release saying it would provide a copy of the settlement data. However, as of the close of business at 6 PM, SM has not provided any settlement data saying that the reports are not ready yet."

source: 1, 2

[Theqoo]: CBX's new statement

- What they told Baekhyun is obviously gaslighting.

- Really I'm not even a fan and I'm not interested in them, but it's suspicious that they are being criticized like this.. The post is that long, but why are you bashing them and telling them to leave in less than a minute..

- I cheer for the 3.

- That they told Baekhyun that he had to sign so that the members could receive deposit is truly gaslighting.

- Is everyone leaving a comment after reading everything? I'm reading the post and I want to ask how long does it take to read it all.. Why do you guys appear like trolls??

- Just my personal opinion but I think CBX should consider changing their lawyer before going to court. Hwaiting anyway!

- I read the article and understand though. It's better to wait before criticizing any side.

- Is SM pulling out all their part-time staff?

- If you read the comments, there's a difference between workers and non-workers LOL.

- Woah... seeing you blaming these three people even after reading this post, I can't help but wonder if it's SM's staff.

- Just take legal action. If they felt that the contract they already signed was unfair, and if they wanted to terminate it now, the only way is to file a lawsuit... SM have been like that for a long time, they take advantage of trainees and make the trainees sign an additional three-year contract without a detailed plan... It's the situation where I can't trust the company, so I won't hold it anymore.. Anyway the only option is to file lawsuit.

- SM is famous for gaslighting.. They don't change.

- Eh no but why do you feel sorry for the employees (who have to prepare the settlement data)? They should have been prepared and revealed it, but they didn't prepare the data and didn't give it to the media press. They only said they would provide but they don't. I wonder why they don't give it to the lawyer.

- Look at all the comments. They are really so funny. Don't all idols from other companies re-sign for 7 years? LOL Why is it still fair that SM insists with 10 years for the same purpose?

- If I were a fan, and when I heard SM saying Baekhyun had to sign a contract so that the other members can get this much deposit, I would feel sorry for Baekhyun too and I would be angry at SM who treats other members like that first, but I'm shocked at the reactions here.

- The comments are going the way SM wants. They work hard today.

source

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

CITY LIGHTS the 1st mini album : Apple Music - Itunes - Spotify - deezer - pandora - Melon - Genie - Vibe Naver

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ExoLTaglist  

• SM never learns, I hope EXO can be free of this messy company and be successful elsewhere.

External Content www.youtube.com

• when u got near 10 artist (or more) suing u for decades for the same thing its obv YOU are the problem

not trying to elevate any other company bc ew but in all the years I been a kpop stan, never seem more artist sued a company for freedom and payment than sm, others just dont pass thru that. They may not give them their name rights bc the company made the group ( tho that law change in the last years) but they let them go and thats the end of it, sm just wont do that, they want u in forever

and btw, this is just exo contract, when one nct member has to review theirs... oh boy

u know sm made that group just to pass thru loopholes after what exo-m china line did to them in 2014

• Sm are freaking thugs for real. So there was no point in bringing lawyers in to discuss. Sm didn’t allow any changes anyways

“ We requested adjustments 8 times but SM did not accept them. There was a steadfast refusal to accept any change and in the end, almost none of the requests were included”

I wouldn't be surprised if SM hires actual thugs to go break the members legs

• Its a safe bet that this has happened to NCT. After the lawsuit Exo lawyer stating that they can't trust sm entertainment and requested the investigators look not only at exo contract but all idols signed to sm entertainment. So the Court will be looking at everyone's contracts. Sm is trying to placate exo because they dropped a nuke on em and said fuck it, won't give us ours? How about we get everyone in sm 💀

• Damn cbx lawyer is going the messiah route, this is going to back fire on them. They’ve already contradicted themselves a few time this has already started to divide the fandom on kside.

• I wouldn't be surprised if SM hires actual thugs to go break the members legs

I've often compared music labels to mafia dons. That's how they act, from Warner to UMG to SM to YG to whoever. Slave contracts, intimidation, blacklisting, gaslighting, coercion, it goes on and on. Whatever scheme is necessary to trap their act, they will employ. Plenty of stories in the US of boyband members getting physically assaulted or female acts being sexually exploited, we know that Kpop managers hitting idols is a semi regular occurrence and who knows how deep the "sponsorship" of idols gets.

Best to just focus on your faves, support them, the love from their fans and success on the charts are their only rewards for enduring all this crap.

• I've often compared music labels to mafia dons. That's how they act, from Warner to UMG to SM to YG to whoever. Slave contracts, intimidation, blacklisting, gaslighting, coercion, it goes on and on. Whatever scheme is necessary to trap their act, they will employ. Plenty of stories in the US of boyband members getting physically assaulted or female acts being sexually exploited, we know that Kpop managers hitting idols is a semi regular occurrence and who knows how deep the "sponsorship" of idols gets.

Best to just focus on your faves, support them, the love from their fans and success on the charts are their only rewards for enduring all this crap.

We all know this shit is true also male idols get sexually exploited just like the girls nobody is safe omega x is recent example of it. Or god almighty look at Japan we knew what Johnny entertainment dif for decades but once he died all the stuff came out and its a horror show that makes Epstein look tame. With the kpop industry being a direct copy of jpop it wouldn't surprise me if all the same comes out once the old people in charge of the industry die off.

That all being said and us knowing what companies etc do. Tell me why do 🤡🤡🤡🤡 company stans exist when they know these agencies from sm to hybe they all screw the idols over in some capacity. And all agencies deal in some form of shady shit not all of them go full jeffery dalmer but none of them are innocent. So again where'd this clown world 🤡🤡 shit of company stans come from? I don't understand it, lol Stan a company you know behind the scenes beats your faves🤡🤡🤡 real crazy shit

• SM is acting like a mafia. It’s so sinister with the way they want to trap their artists. I think FX is the only group that disbanded peacefully.

• That all being said and us knowing what companies etc do. Tell me why do 🤡🤡🤡🤡 company stans exist when they know these agencies from sm to hybe they all screw the idols over in some capacity. And all agencies deal in some form of shady shit not all of them go full jeffery dalmer but none of them are innocent. So again where'd this clown world 🤡🤡 shit of company stans come from? I don't understand it, lol Stan a company you know behind the scenes beats your faves🤡🤡🤡 real crazy shit

the question is only in what capacity. you hope that it's the lowest possible, you hope.

stanning companies, bragging about their earnings and net growth like the money is yours :clown: unless you are a shareholder ofc lol

to this day there are armys who think that bts = bighit/hybe :facepalm: "don't criticize hybe, criticizing hybe you criticize bts" :clown:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!