Matsushima Shohei is trending on Twitter for not debuting under NCT - SM Entertainment really fucked up

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• yeah SM better give them all some oppurtunity

they wasted so much of their time

External Content www.youtube.com

• Apparently he's a 96 or 97 liner too. He's in or heading to his late 20s.

That's kinda a late debut for an idol.

People with such a mentality are the reason why the company of OnlyOneOf at first never wanted to reveal how old KB is because they feared that people whould bully him for that he debuted at 27 years old.

Than RBW Entertainment had a trainee who is about 28 years old now and people were mad, later on the dude left (reasons unclear)

And now everyone is saying Shohei was "too old" as like as if being over 25 is the new 80

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• People with such a mentality are the reason why the company of OnlyOneOf at first never wanted to reveal how old KB is because they feared that people whould bully him for that he debuted at 27 years old.

Than RBW Entertainment had a trainee who is about 28 years old now and people were mad, later on the dude left (reasons unclear)

And now everyone is saying Shohei was "too old" as like as if being over 25 is the new 80

I don't think that's too old. That's around my age range, but that's not the typical age range for an idol to debut.

Most idols debut between the ages of 15 - 21. Anything older than that is unusual, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I'd be all for a mature group to debut.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I don't think that's too old. That's around my age range, but that's not the typical age range for an idol to debut.

Most idols debut between the ages of 15 - 21. Anything older than that is unusual, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I'd be all for a mature group to debut.

there's quite a few mature groups who have debuted but they are so nugu no one pays attention

Fave1 in Japan former 100%

WE:A former Bigflo

WENU vocal heavy group

Xeed

M.O.N.T (only roda is early 20's)

Predebut

Vi'enx - only 2 of them are early 20's

Maximum - if they ever debut all late 20's

Ambition - if they ever debut 3/5 are late 20's

just to name a few imo their concepts are pretty mature

Edit: also to add IN2IT changed their name to SKYE and is planning to redebut next month under the new name although 3rd gen initially (which i still consider them) but changing their name like the others could make them 4th gen

that's their last release

all of them late 20's-30's

The last 2 remaining members of MASC just joined a company and changed to Sevenus

they are both 29 (Heejae & Ireah)

not sure if you wanna count them as well they are working on a new album

There's also D-One - currently promoting in Japan while working on debuting in Korea the members info that they have is late 25 and older

D-ONE_group_profile_photo.png

• People with such a mentality are the reason why the company of OnlyOneOf at first never wanted to reveal how old KB is because they feared that people whould bully him for that he debuted at 27 years old.

I know this not apply to the Shohei because he's japanese, a but a Korean man cannot debut after 25 due to the simply reason they have mandatory enlistment at 28

I'd say anything over 22 is already dangerous area. The idol contracts are around 7 years

Enlisting before debuting is also not an option. Most of them train and debut while they are teenagers, if they go to military after finishing high school (19 years) they will need to go back and train everything again and are unlikely to debut before turning 23

Sure a company can try to debut all their male idols at age of 23 or more, but why will they? I would be personally be REALLY happy to see idols of my age (over 25) who I can connect and relate more, but Boygroups audience are people on their teens. Adults don't have that much interests in Boygroups, except the ones they already stan

I understand your feelings and I agree it sucks, but I don’t see anything alternative. Mandatory conscription are screwing men's careers in Korea

• and here you go with false information again.

as I just proved it DOES and CAN happen.

A lot of the men already did their military enlistment even earlier than 29

you really need to get your facts straight...

yes yes i know you're going to bitch at me quoting you but when you are giving FALSE information you NEED to be corrected.

• "Day & Night" reminds me of "Sun, Moon, Star" by KNK, which is one my fave KPOP songs ever.

I also liked "Dreamland", but I think "Tired" was my fave from all 5.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• "Day & Night" reminds me of "Sun, Moon, Star" by KNK, which is one my fave KPOP songs ever.

I also liked "Dreamland", but I think "Tired" was my fave from all 5.

Day & Night is so beautiful and so is their b-sides on their digital album

I really really loved BIGFLO's old work so it was so great to see them coming back

External Content open.spotify.com

I also loved KNK's work Seoham is so pretty

for Dreamland I was a bit disappointed with all the teasers and the build up and being excited for Doha whom I loved in Boys24 I thought the mv would be completely different it's not bad i don't hate it but i don't love it.

The B-Sides are really good!

M.O.N.T omg the most underrated group ever. THEY KILLED IT on Peak Time!

They ended up 6th but omfg they are amazing

I really cannot understand why they are not more popular they got an allpick in all BUT ONE performance their live vocals are INSANE.

I'm really glad you gave a listen to most of everything. I have gone back and added more that I found out!

Their recent song (Narachan was enlisted so he's not part of this) was produced by BTOB Minhyuk and i Just cannot stop watching it!

The lie here is they actually debuted in 2019...i just hate how underrated they are so you know promotion lol

• Oh M.O.N.T was on Peak Time!? I'm gonna have to check out their performances. They've PEAKED my interest. :eyebrowsr:

Also, you are coming with the bops. That IN2IT/Skye song "ULala" is a BOP. I had to give it 2 more listens.

I'll check the EPs you included too.

• Oh M.O.N.T was on Peak Time!? I'm gonna have to check out their performances. They've PEAKED my interest. :eyebrowsr:

Also, you are coming with the bops. That IN2IT/Skye song "ULala" is a BOP. I had to give it 2 more listens.

I'll check the EPs you included too.

IN2IT IS AMAZING!!!! They didn't go far on Peak Time and hadn't performed in like 3 years i thought they were gonna disband but they said no bish we changing our name and coming back!

Their japanese release is top tier

YESS M.O.N.T DID SO GOOD ON PEAK TIME OMFG!!!

if people would stop sleeping on nugu's ya'll would have been bopping to them a long time ago! lol

• My ult bias, K from &TEAM, is 25 and he just debuted. He only started training at around age 20 and he's the oldest trainee that Hybe's ever accepted (age 22, I think). He was "too old" but they gave him a chance so there are some examples of older idols successfully debuting if they're good enough, particularly if Japan is going to be a primary market.

Edit: tbh I just wanted to take this opportunity to brag about K. :dancer-pepe:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!