Divorce rate in some countries of the world

• damn some are shockers... especially those in Portugal and Spain like wtf why even got married then?

divor.jpg

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kinda shocked by Iran. Might be my own prejudice mindset though.

Also, wtf Portugal?

I wonder on average, how many times people get married in Portugal?

Like is it the norm to be on your 2nd marriage lol?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• very sad truth about marriage these days is that nobody respects their wives or husbands, all people do is cheat, cheat, cheat, sad nobody respects the bible and WHAT GOD has told US to do...RESPECT YOUR wives and husbands, SAD to ME! No point in MARRYING if you do not want to be with that PERSON for the rest of YOUR LIFE! THIS is why I do NOT believe in MARRIAGE! because it has been misconstrued!! sad FOR HUMANS sad for THEM.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Edited once, last by ellenote ().

• very sad truth about marriage these days is that nobody respects their wives or husbands, all people do is cheat, cheat, cheat, sad nobody respects the bible and WHAT GOD has told US to do...RESPECT YOUR wives and husbands, SAD to ME! No point in MARRYING if you do not want to be with that PERSON for the rest of YOUR LIFE! THIS is why I do NOT believe in MARRIAGE! because it has been misconstrued!! sad FOR HUMANS sad for THEM.

Canada is like 47% :eyes:

Kinda shocked by Iran. Might be my own prejudice mindset though.

it might be the case of people not legally registering their marriage

14% sounds too low

Most family friends from back home are on their 2nd or 3rd marriage at this point :holding-back-tears:

• DAMN IT!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::(:(

idk about it though

the government here considers partners living together 1+ year as common-law partners and if they separate they might count it as divorce?

• Lol, I was thinking it was too high lol.

I don't know a lot about the difference between Middle Eastern countries. I just know that the stereotype that I know of them is that it's hard to leave a marriage and get a divorce because of family pressure and the limit on women's rights. That's the image I've gotten from the Middle East as a whole.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I think something messed up in generation of people who are similar to my age and younger (I'm in mid 30's now)

because in my family all grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles all of them they are still married, no one divorced

yet from those younger ones even looking at my friends I can see that many people struggle with simple things when they are married... it's like one thing that he/she doesn't like and they just want to split...

• idk about it though

the government here considers partners living together 1+ year as common-law partners and if they separate they might count it as divorce?

NOT SURE EITHER. if you are a couple for a long time then canada sees you as a couple, and if your partner has children (not biologically yours) then canada legally sees you as the father in divorce proceedings + child support, but couples who are not married but live together do not get counted as divorce just separation. CANADA has some GOOD laws when it comes to DIVORCE, BUT still high divorce rates, makes sense these days considering all the bad stuff that's happening in CANADA's economy.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Lol, I was thinking it was too high lol.

I don't know a lot about the difference between Middle Eastern countries. I just know that the stereotype that I know of them is that it's hard to leave a marriage and get a divorce because of family pressure and the limit on women's rights. That's the image I've gotten from the Middle East as a whole.

Well on a whole Iranian women are more educated than their men and stigma about divorce is pretty much dead.

• Marriage rates are declining too. Personally, I feel marriage is a farce and meaningless in today's society. It's old fashioned and outdated imo and you certainly don't need a piece of paper and a bit of gold on your finger to tell somebody you love them. My partner and I have been together for 22 years and never felt the need to get married and we are happy.

• God damn portugal :skull:

But ehh. Divorce can be a good thing, necessary even. I’m glad it exists. Besides you don’t really need to be married to in order to be devoted to someone

God why.

• Marriage can trap people in horrible ways, so best not to be entered lightly.

It can be good too, but people think it's 'normal' or that they're not normal when they don't get married so a lot rush into it, When it then turns shitty, they leave.

• Neighbor Girl married a Portuguese Guy. I wasn't supposed to be privy to any information, but I sure got n ear full. Best I can summarize is the groom and his family are very demanding, uncompromising and self center. Diva like

All then bride's family can't stand the groom and his family. They couldn't help but vent on me, I don't care. XD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!