Will the world be able to return to Status Quo Ante BTS?

• In 1814, after Napoleon was shipped to the Island of Elba, the monarchs of Europe (some countries sent representatives) assembled at Vienna and discussed what to do with Europe.

There was only one agenda ; Return to Status Quo Ante Bellum, in other words, return to the world before French Revolution as if nothing had happened.

There were a lot of interests discussed, and there were no agreement being made.

Ironically, it was Napoleon himself who ended it when he escaped from Elba and returned to France. The monarchs hastily agreed to all the points , returning to the pre-1789 status, and returned back to their countries.

This new establishment, called the concert of Europe, lasted until 1914 with minor adjustments. (Prussia became Germany, and Italy, which didn't exist back then, was united but that was it)

Henry Kissinger was obsessed with it and he did a lot of studies and work to bring something like that to the world, although in the end it seems he has failed.

====

I expect that in 2023, after the end of Covid , major musicians will assemble in London or New York where they will probably have a Congress of something to celebrate the end of BTS and Korean intrusion into Western Pop.

Even if BTS returns, like Napoleon, I don't think it will make too much impact outside of the remaining Armies. Already mention of them has declined a lot outside of Asia, and when the afterglow begins to fade around this time of 2023, it will be over. I already dealt with the counterarguments; there is no way they will be world conquerors, and masters of the world again.

The big question is, will the world return to status quo ante BTS?

My answer is, 'yes'.

KPop was a fad, although it did reach much farther than anyone expected. But what happens is once the big act falls down, the less big acts also begin to fall down as well.

Stray Kids , whether you like or not, is unlikely to reach BTS' level. And it is the front runner of the 4th Gen.

BlackPink reached as high as Spice Girls or Destiny's Child. I see that it is the highest it will probably reach, thanks to Mr. Yang Hyunsuk wasting most of 2020 and all of 2021 for nothing.

NewJeans, etc, will be lucky to reach BP's level.

There will be one final surge of KPop on 2025. However it will be contained by whoever is the top act by that point of time. They would have analyzed BTS to death and would counter it with songs we can't imagine now. It is likely that BTS' most dogged enemy and fatal nemesis, IU, would be advising at least some of them about how to beat it as well.

By 2024, as the 4th gen acts fade in the West as BTS' afterglow disappears, the world's pop scene will mostly return to the scene of 2010 or so, with KPop returning to a regional fad mostly limited to Asia, and the world of Pop will resume its normal business as if nothing happened at all.

Whether you like or not, I don't think even the most diehard armies in the world will judge that BTS will rule the world again.

• IT'S NOT A WHYKNOCK THREAD IF IT DOESN'T:

- OPEN WITH SOME REFERENCE TO THE 1800S

- MENTION NAPOLEON OR SOMEONE UNRELATED TO KPOP

- CONTAIN DRAMATIC AND HYPERBOLIC LANGUAGE THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS TAKEN FROM AN ANIME

- QUESTION HOW IU OR *INSERT GROUP* WILL AFFECT BTS' LEGACY AND VICE VERSA

• I really find it funny asf how you always write all these essay about them declining or losing fame blablabla... :cryingr::angryr:

Because I have historical examples about this. Those who lost power( Napoleon, Grover Cleveland Churchill, etc) , even if they regain it, never really gets back to their old height.

In Korea, the general public already moved on to the 4th Gen girl groups.

In the history of Korean Pop, beginning from 1926, there is exactly one singer who remained at the top for more than 10 years - IU. Even Cho Yongpil began to fade away after 8 years of reign (1980-1987). He maintained some relevance till 1990, but after that he faded away until Bounce in 2013. (He released a new song late this year but it was virtually buried among people younger than 50 )

I will write about how meaningless the 'Long Run' argument is in another post.

• IT'S NOT A WHYKNOCK THREAD IF IT DOESN'T:

- OPEN WITH SOME REFERENCE TO THE 1800S

- MENTION NAPOLEON OR SOMEONE UNRELATED TO KPOP

- CONTAIN DRAMATIC AND HYPERBOLIC LANGUAGE THAT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS TAKEN FROM AN ANIME

- QUESTION HOW IU OR *INSERT GROUP* WILL AFFECT BTS' LEGACY AND VICE VERSA

That is because I write my posts based from historical examples

• That is because I write my posts based from historical examples

"Because I have historical examples about this. Those who lost power( Napoleon, Grover Cleveland Churchill, etc) , even if they regain it, never really gets back to their old height."

THIS IS COMMON FUCKING SENSE.

NO NEED TO TEACH PEOPLE APUSH.

ARE YOU A HISTORY TEACHER? THIS WOULD EXPLAIN MANY THINGS.

ANYWAYS. YOU MUST REALIZE LOGIC DOESN'T EXIST WHEN IT COMES TO BTS. THE HYPE FOR THEIR RETURN COULD PUSH THEM PAST THEIR ORIGINAL PEAK. BUT YES THESE NEXT FEW YEARS THEY MAY DECLINE DUE TO MEMBER ABSENCE, THAT IS NORMAL.

GOOD GOD.

• Do you seriously not see the complete irony in continually writing essays about people forgetting BTS, complete with a play by play of exactly how dominant they were and still are, then expect people to actually forget them while you complete prolific installments of your dissertation on them? :cryingr:

• Do you seriously not see the complete irony in continually writing essays about people forgetting BTS, complete with a play by play of exactly how dominant they were and still are, then expect people to actually forget them while you complete prolific installments of your dissertation on them? :cryingr:

WhyKnock BASICALLY WHAT VES SAID

• Already, in Korea, they are beings swept away.

What I wrote is as clear as gravity. Out of sight, out of mind.

By end of December it will be lucky for BTS to hold on to half of what it did on around this time of year.

They already made a lackluster comeback on June, with only 3 new Korean songs, which didn't go too far. So they already had their chance.

Bang's desire to play a mogul in Korea cost them a lot.

By 2024, someone else would be leading pop and all the hype will be at there.

How they were dominant, but not exactly now.

This is like playing a monday quarterback after a super bowl or something.

• I’m not even a BTS stan, but I had to laugh out loud at this one. As soon as I saw the thread open with the statement “In 1814, after Napoleon…” I totally lost it :cryingr:

Anyways, on a more serious note, it’s really not that meta. You’re thinking a little too hard. K-pop isn’t an explorative expedition set into place to conquer and colonise the world, although some delusional people might view it that way. It’s music, and I think some chilling needs to happen here.

Also quite strange that you seem to have a hyper-fixation on BTS…

I admire the well-worded and historically informed essay though, even though the point was nonsensical in the end.

I’ll take my akorn and leave now :pepe_akorns:

• Funny how they topped oricon in Japan over local acts in a year they hardly released or promoted anything

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!