Is Bahiyyih #2 ranking in Girls Planet the most shocking survival show result ever?

• She was never top 9 in any episodes but suddenly top votes in 115 countries in the finals and would have been #1 if Korean votes weren't inflated. Are there any survival show or Produce show results that is more shocking than this?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly, not the MOST shocking

I had no doubt she will debut, maybe top 5. Top 2 was woah she actually made top 2.

Her solo fandom has always been super strong, just that all the elimination episode picks she wasn't a filler pick so she always ranked moderately high but not top.

Her debut was evitable because of her solo fanbase.

The MOST SHOCKING ONE is Shen Xiaoting was Rank 16 1 or 2 days before the finale I SWEAR TO GOD THE WORLD WAS IN DEEP PANIC

• Once it was revealed that the younger sister of a HYBE idol was participating in a survival show, everyone should know that she was debuting.

But she ranked higher than Yujin who's in a group already CLC. This year in Boys Planet there's a guy from Pentagon who couldn't even debut top 9. Another guy who is Nayeon's cousin also got eliminated early. I don't think being the younger sister of Huening Kai, who's not even very popular, is enough to guarantee anything. Don't discredit her.

• Once it was revealed that the younger sister of a HYBE idol was participating in a survival show, everyone should know that she was debuting.

obv this, people just really like her maybe it's bcs of her looks, charm, or being a sibling of a famous idol, but in my opinion her spot should've been for one of the foreign idols

• But she ranked higher than Yujin who's in a group already CLC. This year in Boys Planet there's a guy from Pentagon who couldn't even debut top 9. Another guy who is Nayeon's cousin also got eliminated early. I don't think being the younger sister of Huening Kai, who's not even very popular, is enough to guarantee anything. Don't discredit her.

having a sibling in a very well established group and company gave her a higher advantage to the others, also girl group survival shows are almost always more popular than boy group shows. That isn't to say that she didnt work hard, I personally believe she had the hardest time on the show because she wanted to be known as bahiyyih and not just someone else's sister.

1 year and 7 months until AVATAR 3

• Yes I actually thought ment would rig the lineup like they always do but I was kinda shocked with the whole lineup, not just one member. She was literally one of the bushed back members with zero screentime, mnet really had no plans of debuting , their fav was Yurina. And I was shocked when she wasn't announced as a member.

• But she ranked higher than Yujin who's in a group already CLC. This year in Boys Planet there's a guy from Pentagon who couldn't even debut top 9. Another guy who is Nayeon's cousin also got eliminated early. I don't think being the younger sister of Huening Kai, who's not even very popular, is enough to guarantee anything. Don't discredit her.

The majority of viewers/voters for both survivals were probably boy group fans primarily, so there was obviously different intentions for the votings of each. With GP, they wanted to help the dreams of people like Bahiyyih come true. In BP they may have voted with the aim of personally stanning the group.

• Didn't they have a segment where they showed her brother too, stuff like that is preplanned so she was def going to debut ...

Yes and no.

i think mnet did want to use her relationship to her brother for clout to boost interest and ratings, hence the segment and thumbnails on youtube, however, she barely got any screentime after that and wasn’t focused on regularly in the way that contestants like Dayeon were which makes me believe that while they weren’t opposed to using her to up the ratings a little, they didn’t plan to seriously stick to her long term. They might have not even expected her to debut given she wasn’t often top 9 until the end.

Ofc, i agree that her debuting was inevitable due to her high popularity. I’m just not entirely sure of mnet wanting her in the lineup due to how hands off they were in the hours upon hours of runtime. I think if they genuinely felt strongly about having her in the lineup, they would have pushed her more to be safe but I would say they might’ve not opposed to her being in it since she wasn’t really demon edited in the way other popular contestants were.

Id say it’s more ‘not really what we want but we’ll use you for clout and if you get in, that’s okay’

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• I don’t find it that shocking because her family members are pretty well known, and she’s had some moments that have gone viral. Plus, her fan cams always reach a overwhelming amount of views compared to the rest of her group. Nonetheless I wasn’t really surprised, she’s equipped with most things that make a person successful, in the Kpop industry.

네가 참 궁금해 그건 너도 마찬가지 (ooh, ooh)...

• Taken solely on her role in GP999, yeah, it was shocking that she got through at all. She was dull as a rock on the show, barely got screen time, barely got featured and did nothing to stand out.

But then add in her familial relationships and it became clear exactly why she got voted in, and it had NOTHING to do with her presence or input on the show.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!