Is anyone else having a hard time processing this tragedy?

• Leean_Taeyong

Changed the title of the thread from “Is anyone else having a hard processing this tragedy?” to “Is anyone else having a hard time processing this tragedy?”.
  • It did remind me of 2017 as well considering it was so sudden and came out of nowhere, though in Jonghyun's case when I first read the news it was not confirmed and everyone was praying for him to survive then we got a fake news from a Chinese source claiming he survived which made us turn hopeful but then he was declared dead by the police which crushed everyone's heart badly. It was too painful that I cried for 3 days for him as he was a precious member of my ultimate bias group and he meant so much to me.

I wasn’t as attached to Moobin as I was to Jonghyun but this news hit me hard as well. He always looked happy and I watched his Running Man ep just a day before and he was all smiles in there, I couldn't believe that he was in depression all this time and could take such an extreme step to end his life.

• It did remind me of 2017 as well considering it was so sudden and came out of nowhere, though in Jonghyun's case when I first read the news it was not confirmed and everyone was praying for him to survive then we got a fake news from a Chinese source claiming he survived which made us turn hopeful but then he was declared dead by the police which crushed everyone's heart badly. It was too painful that I cried for 3 days for him as he was a precious member of my ultimate bias group and he meant so much to me.

I wasn’t as attached to Moobin as I was to Jonghyun but this news hit me hard as well. He always looked happy and I watched his Running Man ep just a day before and he was all smiles in there, I couldn't believe that he was in depression all this time and could take such an extreme step to end his life.

Even though I wasn't in the fandom, Jonghyun's passing still saddens me.

Didn't know about the Chinese source and all that. Must have been so sad

• Not for this one myself, no. I don't have a connection to Astro.

But I know how much it "unreasonably" hurts to feel such grief over someone you don't actually know and how hard it is to process our emotions that we feel.

For many years, I've been following this much loved cat rescue lady on social, she went by the name Youngestoldcatlady, or Ashley. She was a beautiful, caring, loving woman who rescued, raised, spay and neutered and then adopted out 100's of cats in the Seattle area. She built a community of hundreds of thousands of followers and raised a lot of awareness about cat rescue and the importance of spay and neuter. And while she always acted upbeat and happy and seemed to live a dream life surround by kittens and cats all day and uploaded hilarious videos of her rescues with cute voices and situations, she was also very open about the fact that she struggled a lot with depression, especially after her father died 10 years ago and especially around the anniversary of his death.

On April 6 this year, just a few weeks back, she, like Moonbin, lost her battle. She was 31.

And it hurts so much. I've never felt such grief or sadness over the passing of someone I never knew, someone half a world away. The day the community, that I, heard about her passing, I cried so much. Each time I saw another tribute on social media from a cat page, especially one for one of the hundreds of cats she rescued and adopted into a loving home, I cried. Each article, each post, each photo brings the sadness back (even writing this I'm crying again).

And it feels weird and "unreasonable" to feel such emotions for a stranger, especially if people you know in real life don't quite understand why you're so devastated by a kpop star or a cat lady half a world away, so it's harder to find someone to share that grief with, which makes processing it that little bit harder.

We do in our ways "love" these people because we love the joy and happiness they bring to our lives. The sense of found community they bring us into. The fact that when we ourselves have felt sad, or down, or angry, or frustrated, sometimes it's not always those closest to us that brought us back up, it's our kpop idols (or cat ladies). I've said before, when I was going through a dark spell early in the pandemic, it was Blackpink and Dreamcatchers music and dumb videos that took my mind off things, when I was feeling lonely and isolated at nights, it was seeing pictures of Ashleys cats like Licorice, Gusgus, Blossom and so many more that calmed me down. I think we all have had some kind of time like that yeah?

And so we mourn and grieve the loss of them because of what they've meant to us, what they've done for us. We are saddened by the fact that they were obviously struggling and hurting themselves but, even after how happy they made us, we couldn't help save them. We listen to the music they made, they cute clips they uploaded or the kitties they posted and we are allowed to cry knowing we won't see that again.

So... it's ok to find it hard to process, to grieve, mourn, cry, and even rage about it. It's all too normal. Talkn about it with people who share the same emotions. And if it brings up feelings and emotions that threaten to overwhelm you, please talk about what you're feeling to someone you trust or a help service in your area, because with what happened with Moonbin (or iny case Ashley), it can threaten to bring up dark thoughts.

Sorry for the semi-offtopic novel...

I was going to make a quick post and the shit I've been bottling up about my reaction to Ashleys passing just burst out...

• I'm waking up to this news and it hurts me. Not too long ago I've lost someone too...

I'm taking a day off from work and sending prayers both to him and to those who loved him. Because this is the only thing that I can do for them.

Rest well, Moon Bin...

And I'm hoping that his closest one could be given a strength to going through this...

• Even though I wasn't in the fandom, Jonghyun's passing still saddens me.

Didn't know about the Chinese source and all that. Must have been so sad

It was spread on twitter. First we got the news that he passed away but everyone was in denial as the source wasn't too trustable then there were fans who were sitting outside the hospital giving us updates about other members' arrival and the official confirmation wasn't given until then. Later someone spread that he's in a critical condition so we got hopeful, though soon after like in 15 minutes we got the confirmation of his death by the police so that ended all the hopes. His incident was such a rollercoaster and I could tell that none fandoms was taking it well. I remember in OH all fandoms were saddened deeply and that news even for a short period united all kpop fandoms out there.

That hope came from the fact he was technically found in time. He was in the hospital being worked on by doctors for hours before they called it. But here in this case now there was no hope.

• That hope came from the fact he was technically found in time. He was in the hospital being worked on by doctors for hours before they called it. But here in this case now there was no hope.

Yeah, the situations were different though similar

That wasn't it

Doctors were there for organ extractions bc he was an organ donor not bc he had a chance.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No not really. Just living my life as usual.

That hope came from the fact he was technically found in time. He was in the hospital being worked on by doctors for hours before they called it. But here in this case now there was no hope.

When it was annouced, i literally ran to my room and sobbed for 5 hours. Moonbin was my bias. antis are telling me to get over it and deal with it but I can't. he was my favorite member. I loved him.

• When it was annouced, i literally ran to my room and sobbed for 5 hours. Moonbin was my bias. antis are telling me to get over it and deal with it but I can't. he was my favorite member. I loved him.

When I saw it I was like yoo you late for these April fool's now. But it wasn't a joke. I always saw him as my little brother. Loved Astro and moonbin was always cute adorable and happy and hilarious. Like the perfect little brother. When it was confirmed the only words I had for him was Hyung was not supposed to outlive you.

• OP, take care and maybe it's best to log-off too since there'll be toxic ppl posting things that may trigger you -- even when you are trying to ask for some comfort from other fans. Take it easy and take care of your well being first.

WOW, did any thing anything but condolences here?

if you are that affected maybe you should log off. As long as you don`t feel more lonely

there are people here, all the time ,that is also very nice and give you comfort. Anyone with any other speech at this moment is not a human

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• This took me by shock because one, I don't follow Astro at all but know of two of its members because of Jungkook, and two, I was positive that 2017-2018 wouldn't repeat itself because surely all companies should have had therapists employed for their artists after those tragedies. But it still persists and that's what shocked me the most, especially since he's so young. Jonghyun hit me the hardest because I actually really liked him because he was so outspoken for many causes that resonated with me and I didn't even know as he was having a hard time. But I feel the same when any life so young is cut short. Because they'll never get to have children/experience life/love and live a long life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!