BTS Was Delusional Thinking They Was Gonna Be Able To Make Another "Spring Day"..

• I was just thinking about how back in 2020, BTS did a live stream on their YouTube channel, and basically they was talking about the concept for their next album, and how they wanted the Title track to be.

(At this point "Map Of The Soul: 7" and "Dynamite" had already been out)

And I forgot who brought it up, I think it was Jin, but they started saying how because of the Pandemic, they wanted to make another song like "Spring Day", and how they would love if they got results like how 'Spring Day' did.

Fast forward after that, we get the "BE" album on November 20, 2020, which by the way the "BE" album is their least popular album and a lot of people forget about it.

But anyway, the Title was "Life Goes On", which did well, given its a slower song and didn't have much going on in the MV.

At the time it came out, not a lot of people liked it, including myself.

But because its BTS, it did good.

To sum up everything though, I just thought it was crazy that they thought "Life Goes On" was gonna be another huge hit and bring longevity like Spring Day....

• In MY opinion, they'll never top that song...and I mean in Korea.

That'll always be BTS biggest song there, in terms of longevity and significance, musically, and meaning wise.

• Still pretending you're an ARMY I see.... No, you're right. They released the global hit, Dynamite, which did better than Spring Day ever could. The only thing SD has over Dynamite is almost a three years head start. Life Goes On lost to Dynamite as well.

• I think Life Goes On actually surprisingly exceeded expectations. It has surpassed 600 million streams on Spotify, is about to catch Spring Day on Youtube, and still has more daily views than many of BTS' dance-focused music videos. Definitely a sleeper hit.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I personally hate Life Goes On but it did a lot better than I'd have expected for a slow/mid-tempo song without choreo. I'd say it's pretty successful considering.

Yet to Come however...I hate it and it feels like everyone else did too. I've never seen a comeback that decreased a group's streams before. I feel like everyone was disappointed that BTS' goodbye (for now) was this lackluster mid song.

Spring Day was a ballad but it wasn't background music. That song had a spark. Still one of my faves by them.

• bighit could not make another good bts song if they tried. They have been in a bad slump these past few years with bts. I do not ever see another spring day coming from them. After that last song they released as a group there is no hope for them.

Looks like we might get another "life goes on" or "yet to come" when they come back from the military💀.

In the Suchwita episode with Jimin, Yoongi was saying how when they get back in 2025, they wanna make a song that's 'heartfelt' and that shows the members true emotions, and that they'll make the song themselves..so basically do kinda like they did for the "BE" album.

But looking at how the "BE" album turned out musically?? Im not excited at all tbh.

BTS does better with Pop songs and rap heavy songs.

If they have a comeback with a ballad song again....... :pepe-clown-gear:

• Hmm my understanding of what Jin meant was not to have a song like Spring Day that topped the charts or whatnots. It’s what the song conveys, the feeling of that moment. I feel like Life Goes On really captured the feeling we all had during the pandemic, the helplessness, the yearning that one day everything will come back to normal, the hope for the future.. Even now, when I hear LGO, I’d remember the feelings I had during the era..

By the way, I think a lot of ARMYs including me don’t like to listen to Yet to Come that much because of the sad feeling it gives. Even when it first released and we don’t know anything about enlistment, the lyrics already hinted of big changes. I cried the first time I heard YTC because it’s so obvious change will happen.

Having said that, Spring Day is of course the most superior one because the feelings it gave you is timeless.. SD is relatable in so many moments in life. That’s why it’s evergreen. I’m happy that at least even antis hardly ever say anything bad about SD, it’s just that special Queen

:pepelove1:

• So agree, they haven’t made good music since Fire era……the constant autotune is horrible. I can’t believe P Dogg is still a producer, I think he’s lost his way completely. I honestly hope he gets paid less royalties now BTS is enlisted……wake up call that it was BTS that made him famous. I mean their English singles without him are proof lol. He’s def no Teddy

• So agree, they haven’t made good music since Fire era……the constant autotune is horrible. I can’t believe P Dogg is still a producer, I think he’s lost his way completely. I honestly hope he gets paid less royalties now BTS is enlisted……wake up call that it was BTS that made him famous. I mean their English singles without him are proof lol. He’s def no Teddy

good because i don't like teddy's music.

having said that, pdogg and his love for autotune is annoying

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!