Will all of BTS renew with BigHit/Hybe after their contract is up in 2024?

They apparently extended it till the end of 2024. Seeing how they've been treating Taehyung, I don't think he will renew with BigHit but will continue BTS activities with another label like BEG/SNSD.

• Girl ain't no other label that's better than HYBE for them lol.

YG??? SM?? JYP??? Or a mid level agency???

HYBE is literally the Top option for them.

The company might be some trash and they could definitely do better, but again like I said, leave and go where???

And they all said they staying together, which is why they got the 7 tattoo, to show commitment and their friendship/loyalty.

So kpoppies better not get their hopes up thinking BTS gonna disappear or HYBE gonna go down, cuz its not happening for either, get over it..again I said this for the haters and ignorant kpop stans :exit-pepe:

• Considering that they renewed their first contract two years before their contract expired, they should have been renewed by now. There could be two reasons for this,

1) They may be waiting to return from military service, as all of them will have 18 more months after 2025, as their contract periods are frozen while in the military.

2) It may be possible not to reach an agreement with the members yet. The second contract was also difficult to sign for them. They even considered disbandment. Although lately they say they want to stay together for a long time. So I hope that's not the case. Maybe there is only details that need to be taken care of.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Their own label :thinkerpepe:

Idols have been winning against their companies so it's starting to look a lot like Christmas to me :pathead-2:

• Would be REAL interesting if they all left and started up their own label. They have plenty of money to fund it if they wanted to and could agree on all the details. They could even partner up with a smaller label who has proven experience in the business aspect of music.

Hybe would be in HUGE trouble though, there would be a lot of pressure on NJ, LSRFM, Seventeen, and TXT to fill the void. :sweatr:

• Would be REAL interesting if they all left and started up their own label. They have plenty of money to fund it if they wanted to and could agree on all the details. They could even partner up with a smaller label who has proven experience in the business aspect of music.

Hybe would be in HUGE trouble though, there would be a lot of pressure on NJ, LSRFM, Seventeen, and TXT to fill the void. :sweatr:

Wdym they're already filling in the void now :thinkerpepe: BTS are has-beens so waiting for them to finally be free. :pepe-sad:

• My bad. I stopped reading after "Hybe being the best for them" when they created it. :pepe-clown-gear: But you're really serious about being a Hybe company stan. You guys are worse than SM company stans. At least they admit it at times. Hybe stans will deflect even being one. :pepe-joy:

• Yes they'd be clowns to leave. HYBE literally will be the kpop monopoly after acquiring sm ent.

Unless they decide to start their own agency but people forget how difficult that is, the members already talked about the pressure of just being BTS and how they nearly disbanded before more than once even in their prime. So now add being number one, maintaining that outdoing your existing feats and then the stresss and pains of running a company (when none of them are business people) paying employees, ensuring your staff are happy, taxes, business taxes all the ins and outs of running a corporation. All that legally shady stuff LSM did to grow sm entertainment is likely something they will do because this is something nearly all ceos/founders have done to make their business big even hybe has skeletons in the closet nobody is a saint. People will say they love someone but that changes when that person is responsible for stuff in your life. Just like we all gripe about politicians not doing their jobs right for us the same would happen with BTS if they ended up a role like this, you'd slowly turn to hating them because whatever it is you expected to get done didn't get done for some reason. So to avoid that they'd likely just renew with hybe instead of making their own company.

by that time, HYBE will have 203 new groups, so no worries. :iconpepe:

• Hybe would be in HUGE trouble though, there would be a lot of pressure on NJ, LSRFM, Seventeen, and TXT to fill the void. :sweatr:

LOL. As if HYBE would give up their IP. BTS is worth of trillions of won and no way any companies would give that up especially HYBE who depends on BTS' revenue streams and how their stocks are largely tied to the group.

If I'm in their shoes, I will renew and demand unimaginable things that HYBE cannot refused to because of a huge leverage to the company. Things like owning their masters or atleast 50% of it. Or transferring their IP rights to the members themselves after a number of years of stay in the company. Ofcourse, financial terms, it's already given that it will be even better than their second renewal.

I mean they can leave, but it's not gonna be easy unless they re-brand cause no way in hell HYBE would be that generous to give up their IP.

In the end, it will be up to the guys and what they think is right for them.

• Despite some fan complaints, if we take the members' words as truth, they seem pretty satisfied with BigHit so I've no doubt they'll re-sign. Some folks are really mad at the members for not doing what they (the fan) thinks they should do but those fans can't say they're mad at the member so they strip the member of any agency and blame BigHit/Hybe for the members' decisions. Folks just need to admit that they don't agree with what a member has decided. It's ok to not like every decision.

• If I were them, i would never leave lol. i built that fk empire, why would you want me to leave all that behind and start anew? :pepe-shrug:

Edit: i can see them making a different label for their own, but still under Hybe though, like that one of Super Junior.

• you they can always create their own label

• They all look satisfied with company I was sus about jin and Taehyung but jin said he'll renew in his last live before military. I'm still sus about taehyung tho cus he's been working with companies outside of hybe and they're not even bothering to share about his activities so what's the use of such a big empire?

• So personally I think it would be really cool if they could take time away from the internet and just live their lives for a while. Even if I do love their music and I'm not the biggest army I once was, like I stated on my twitter account in like 2017.

I think their own health and mental health is important. If they wanted to renew or not does but doesn't matter to me you know? Although yeah it would be cool for them to create their own label. What I realized after being a fan of B.I (who was the CEO of his own independent company at one point), is the stress it brings to someone. Doing all that work by yourself.

I would worry for the BTS members if they went independent but I'm curious about their plans for the future for sure! 😊

• Tae has an upcoming show but BH hasn't mentioned it yet... ;judgingpepe:

I'm very curious to why Bighit is acting that way with Tae only tbh. Or did i miss anything about other members' promo activities outside Bighit/Hybe's productions? I don't follow Bighit's twt account anymore so I'm not too sure. Did Bighit post everything about Joon and Hobi's show appearances and interviews?

• We already had this saga with the Celine appearance then they mentioned his radio appearance

Now it's back to silence? :pepe-shame:

Yeah... it's back to radio silence...
    He's excited about it too...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The fandom has been doing all the work to share about the show as usual... ;judgingpepe:

• Yeah... it's back to radio silence...

The fandom has been doing all the work to share about the show as usual... ;judgingpepe:

This irked me the most like what is their problem with him. Bighit is treating him like he doesn't exist. Let's wait for game caterer episode, if bts official didn't post about it because they always post with a picture of member after airing of variety shows, then something is really up behind the scenes.

• I'm very curious to why Bighit is acting that way with Tae only tbh. Or did i miss anything about other members' promo activities outside Bighit/Hybe's productions? I don't follow Bighit's twt account anymore so I'm not too sure. Did Bighit post everything about Joon and Hobi's show appearances and interviews?

Ofc they did, otherwise there wouldn't be any complains. I always saw articles and reminders about RM's show on their page and there were multiple posts about jihope pfw.

• Yeah... it's back to radio silence...

This is so weird. And here we thought BTS official is finally getting better only for them to go pull this crap :emotionalpepe:

• unless bighit (not hybe) is in deep trouble and bang pd is in the muddle, i don’t see them moving company. making own label is a big compromise mentally and physically and definitely takes away their artistry time. now they are in comfortable position to use many connections to explore unorthodox promotion (i.e. bts, connect global exhibition, tae being able to work with his friends with and without bighit’s production)

I think their own health and mental health is important. If they wanted to renew or not does but doesn't matter to me you know? Although yeah it would be cool for them to create their own label. What I realized after being a fan of B.I (who was the CEO of his own independent company at one point), is the stress it brings to someone. Doing all that work by yourself.

yeah actually i follow kang daniel and BI journey to build their own management and boy, it’s not as easy as having a team to be our yes men. not to mention the responsibility of other people’s livelihood can be mentally taxing. i feel for them and it’s good that BI can find his own footing after yg’s disaster

• Seems pretty obv they’ll renew to me. There’s this crazy rumor on crazydaysandnights the two youngest havent determined yet but seeing how Jungkook even said “eh, I’m at this level, why would I get scolded” in his latest live, it seems pretty clear to me the members will take their leverage for contract extension.

If I were in their shoes I’d extend but with favorable terms for me specifically lmao

• Seems pretty obv they’ll renew to me. There’s this crazy rumor on crazydaysandnights the two youngest havent determined yet but seeing how Jungkook even said “eh, I’m at this level, why would I get scolded” in his latest live, it seems pretty clear to me the members will take their leverage for contract extension.

If I were in their shoes I’d extend but with favorable terms for me specifically lmao

The blind I saw did not say 2 youngest, just mentioned 2 members. Someone making shit up based on Tae and Kook solos victimisation.

image0-29.jpg

Edited 5 times, last by paradis ().

• The blind I saw did not say 2 youngest, just mentioned 2 members. Someone making shit up based on Tae and Kook solos victimisation.

image0-29.jpg

The 2 last sentences go in line with the rumors I read so it makes this plausible for me ;judgingpepe:

and it also explains why only Tae is treated the way he is and JK is apparently 'taking it slow' this year... ;judgingpepe:

• This thread contains 89 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!