[pann] Knetz talk about men who are purposely rude towards beautiful women - examples from industry

• 1. Kim Jiwon

AVvXsEjvK51R9bqcAc-K8IJ3HpHX6TG0Tnl2W3FmmgdJXIyiX6mSszsIcEvyg2yQn9HnNIUByAGjjowBm5cgedAwmOp3LwNyeWKd3mlIBme5o_dOsP0LXJ7JEmS9fvyZnuckH7sWdkm6slHfma7gkfrZCxrX8og52_Nkr9Ceg5m1BZaMp_FWFBRxcyIOGOdM=s16000
    (While playing a game, Kwangsoo strikes Kim Jiwon's neck - it wasn't part of the game rules)

AVvXsEj0qk2SY1v-2o2yprIO6Ge5ftGkWoj6r-Y-dkfPAzrIrnkcLbzcQgcLZfLaXgJySFIftD32r_8bujF5shgkSXHulsMGIrhaa5CrjcQJ1dW6uyvVoEIglq388Exru9iqG91mOpYrJwTnqbnGp4gA_gaVIvhupRtvddoHwVwzDBaLlcakGzUKqdHe23dk=s16000
    Kim Jiwon: Oppa... I think that it was too much

Yoo Jaesuk: Who made our Jiwonie cry!!

2. Son Yejin

AVvXsEjYOJNA-Oz52LgdYPfiMO7xn2ZFCOllKVaErkwPXZR1JYJ3QM_FIV3BGbwaiu4jI78Y5R4g8LKJsJIbnvQWI9x9fu652J6B7qV_l5pfCeX-PhAlXGHfk_ZvlmKdKekCZ-fo3YedZ8Dxe8YLNaJhOnPIzbA7S4UpKjbYAYZT1R_4bqP3MJ5VXRjNpEWk=s16000
    (Yoo Jaesuk gives Son Yejin a pillow. Haha was one step too late)

Son Yejin: Thank you but I'm fine without it too

AVvXsEhCe8ogFfE6p9ocR_Zh01Eh3255PUvrgkS21yzG9YnHIGRBdO09p-w8ta9uw69nRbjm2h06cUVtNsqS6puZ8tuTTWqMiozsOIG7CCK9h_R4HgWDidVcZemOmfEBtm737B01fkMZZp2pq5frMmv9cQPeiSjMs13itfIV71cK5wdsfHlRma4KQjs8j1cQ=s16000
    (Jung Junha tosses the pillow to her)

AVvXsEjvj9J3LZJHyJREpg3VcVG8xzS2hxsfmb_aN8BR8ZEa7LTQg-cpHsDyRrx0Prac02XCmmELZOOBfN9Xj39I1EXd3SZ9qzaC0j-3xCwYp03ToJhmXA4DEwZv5yA4abeM8e5P9G4dIYces71ySsc5FXJqWpA9LFKyA1I9IcB_U-2yFvToPMqiuc3My808=s16000
    (Other cast jumps in to hit him)

Son Yejin: I put a lot of effort in my makeup today though...

3. Seolhyun
    AVvXsEgxCNhAVXFjqLU5NsNn_pyP5Y5oePGHQvd30nkVAvx_BrFvdcVmQIPCFc09E0y0R3k-1FBTnd_FYrC7eiHlP-W721ULWX0zZlwp3W9iVnAILNw9DeyQ4qH-eJLt-lWKhHnnIm4wuiz-ouG6gB6G0bkWj0Kt_Vd5CsIc0jecNnlLe6CWUoqLu2-Ch40j=s16000
    (Seolhyun(?) smashed an egg on the ground)
    Park Myungsoo: Seolhyun-ah... what is this? (annoyed tone)
    - Since I'm her uncle, I can push her (head) to some extent too

AVvXsEi5RS6G8aEeWzkA15LioukebsGVnEA7451S_spU7BcpI8XWtZY9cUVo7OtkGYDMpSX9IlmzoNjA2YIjo1cIguhagxkcXCCgZ8H4RlFdVqXtz80AqC0A-NMei7Kj1H69E5hUA--OUCZDg0wa8fUlGEraphJOVz2qLdDl0TWWeKIR6Zaj95Xy5uT7QMez=s16000
    Park Myungsoo: So that's why I also pushed her saying "this dumbo, why did you do that?"

*Seolhyun who burst into tears*
    Other guests: Why did you make our dongsaeng cry?
    *Seolhyun whose tears fell on her birthday*
    Park Myungsoo: I pushed her head
    Guest: You hit her?

4. Irene
    AVvXsEhngE9BV-k_egyN-XFURsAjzZVtHDF9NLTDzdQTV8ie06QpU20XWbXO5V57DmKmu2AF7OFJO273b8NgP3C9niEcXsXmQi5EPGgAxZC83w0k7bSfrYogKgOsYpi9dCFmxGLEczqcOfeAo_0TO4Y8SBAPj96P5k58i_VO2SxorMiLL3N3M8pVj85hCNF2=s16000
    (They are playing word relay game where the other person needs to complete the word by adding another syllable - Donghae became aggressive and started shouting and pushing himself forward)

AVvXsEhLK_1hhBXkHPKrTeU6xAyQuoos-ZZ91ZC00POZsJGxWlQEN2h_yXd19aG4Eb-BxxM-ZLC9jPwCprngICa0ef283VWzVTGFHOqYoJrn-CnQSwqxHUiDWYvTZOQKXU7duxY2P_dUXQMq7Q8JXSx3m1ypT-6SRDJ5ImPiekvchHgZ1eD1wUnaAyHOiyMq=s16000
    Irene: I'm scared

Leeteuk: Why are you scaring her? Why are you acting like a thug?!

AVvXsEg9acyQqAGKhgXmrL6Q7rQ9kFjS-SjYrGTWqcW_4VTcKtKfEBpxX9vPQudHsdBtmz9FFewtTINIUOVXoaOhEuOjDOmmqoQS7HgQg09qwD05sVgJS-CR8nXPLrAp1d1n_AYcv_KnHiKU8VzZ0cbEOrcWE6hBTPq1V9WVmz1z9YgYeg9Z9St34VUOPQBa=s16000
    Donghae: Stop lying (about being scared)

Irene: Huh?
    Shindong: What "stop lying"!!

5. Suzy
    AVvXsEihyVbcyeNofzSupvYOCjJiLm0YFRLpqgPjMhQXG8lpN5sSq-CrkU-x5syisQxNwT_n_motevqk39YmPNO9DqZQJddBiq7KavacBtZRxQqAnK22vZlu8IKXUOyH31YBcG0JELCch4odNbz1MjGLa8cdLpiFiZCMhvyuw1Qn1W5KRIIaD-edav_-LYrL=s16000
    Nam Joohyuk: What did you eat?
    Suzy: Noodles
    - Do I smell like noodles? Why are you asking?ㅋㅋ
    Nam Joohyuk: You don't smell fermented skate?
    Suzy: You ate fermented skate?ㅋㅋ
    Nam Joohyuk: No no
    Suzy: Why are you asking what I ate after the kiss scene?ㅋㅋ

AVvXsEgKEy8y6lGLDd-AmIalj1bc5p3SBv0KI3tNhhh5dRfWvUDnDeZJmR18YbOxlIm7YobGjeLb8GVe_ZSDIklowM4Zunuj1oGrfOOph2nDdIHDQLWpVUlO_DuSM-2ZKPZMlu6vvijYfdJKpyQMXmhFhkJnMWYDe5Um2d9d_o5eSRgYBZEnwn5P6xZ6iBSB=s16000

Seriously, I think that these sayings are right, "if there's a tree that you cannot dare to climb", "the persimmon that you can't eat" or "the fox and the new grape", then you're going to be purposely ruder to them. (T/N: these are all "sayings" referring to people/things that you cannot have so you would purposely try to get "rid" of it by acting mean and/or greedy)

I feel like I get the general vibe from them but I just don't understand why they would do this and express themselves that way

post response:
    [+987][-38]
    original post: here

1. [+425, -3]
    This is your typical Hannam;; they're never going to be involved with these women anyways so they are just trying to act up

2. [+408, -3]
    They are just like chodings who would mock the kids they like

3. [+404, -3]
    Seriously, the sayings "the persimmon you can't eat" and "the fox and the new grape" describe this perfectly. They lack manners, are childish and rude

4. [+317, -2]
    Seriously, they are all grown up so is there even a reason to be acting that way..? I don't get it

5. [+255, -4]
    All those scenes were so controversial when they aired back then, all of themㅇㅇ

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Before clicking the thread my immediate thought was Suju-Irene situation. Some men are so disgusting and annoying. You can really see the misogyny in them in these examples. If they feel comfortable to make these women cry on camera I cant even imagine what happens behind it.

The thing is I know a lot of guys irl who think by being rude they get some extra points from women and that we will seek validation from them if they treat us shitty. Its what they want: power over us. It doesnt happen with just beautiful women, in fact with less visually striking women it happens even more often. Who doesnt recall a scene at school where boys made a girl feel less about who she is just because they didnt found her attractive?

I had a coworker that I liked his companion though never was even slightly attracted to him but he would always do that to me. I was confident in my appearance and intellect and he would always make small jokes about it to make me feel insecure. Other male coworkers used to do that too, but less often. I learned its called "nagging", and its taught to men on internet as something to impress ladies lmao. Men tend to annoy women more often if the women make them feel insecure, they think they can turn the tables by doing that but just end up being an ass.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited 2 times, last by catzi ().

• that's korean variety shows for ya. they're all encouraged to be mean to each other for laughs. i don't think it's purely a gender thing

• that's korean variety shows for ya. they're all encouraged to be mean to each other for laughs. i don't think it's purely a gender thing

the last two are not variety

Suzy was shooting a drama and Irene was set to sit beside SanE in award show randomly

the dudes still acted like ass

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well is like a common thing

i hate kdramas cos the way the main male character has to seduce the main female character is always mistreating her, acting cold, distance himself and act superior...

i mean shit, if you do that to me:

-1 i would forever think you are an a**hole, no matter how hansome or rich you are

-2 they normalise mistreatment of women as a way of seduction

-3 the second time you treat me like that: i will not play victim, i will call you out, i will hang you from your b*lls to dry. End of kdrama at chapter 2

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

Yeah Korean shows often have a forceful physical sense of humour including making people cry is oh so hilarious.

Yes very true our variety shows are abit much but it's part of our culture alot of that shit is scripted. My only issue is the double standards at play. People have a problem with rough play or harsher language but at the same time wouldn't bat an eye if the roles were reversed or had the cast been all the same gender. ( This is not counting the drama shooting or award show situation)

• Yes very true our variety shows are abit much but it's part of our culture alot of that shit is scripted. My only issue is the double standards at play. People have a problem with rough play or harsher language but at the same time wouldn't bat an eye if the roles were reversed or had the cast been all the same gender. ( This is not counting the drama shooting or award show situation)

i think the argument would be that men can take any punishment so it's fine

• The only situation that went to far in my opinion was the Seolhyun situation. That almost felt like bullying.

The rest seems like teasing and tbh not nearly as troublesome as how they treated some men in these shows… SA included:eyes:

From the guys I know, teasing each other can sometimes go pretty far or even look like they are about to beat each other up. Among guys it’s normalized. So for many dudes if they get comfortable with another woman they start teasing them too… some can take it and for others it might be to much and they take it personal.

But it could still be that some of these dudes indeed treated them that way out of bitterness knowing they would never date them.

• Sounds like instigator bs. Why they're singling out "beautiful women", looks just like typical variety stuff that's been done to every single guest on pretty much every show, minus the last 2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!