Vietnamese fans turns their backs on Hanni because of her parents political views....

• GOD I HATE THIS! I'm myself is half-vietnamese and born abroad. I don't support any sides, but my family fled Vietnam because of repression after the war. Still I don't resent the communist goverment today and I even been to the country. Such a shame this had to happened with Hanni! </3

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• yes, an account with 0 followers and you post here...that you by chance?

Ehm no, but case is trending in Vietnam. I just found this by accident and wanted to check out what the hell is going on. It's not affecting global Bunnies that much, it's just the vietnamese in Vietnam is sensitive to the issue.

• of course they are, communist regimes always need to keep a tight lid on outgoing communication

True. It won't affect Hanni that much because she doesn't have any huge connections to Vietnam.

• just so i have the facts straight:

- her extended family's private facebook photos were found to have references to south vietnam (mainly the flag)

- this flag is commonly used by older generations who may have fled the war as refugees, but Hanni herself has not spoken remotely about viet history

- now people are alleging that her family is treasonous, anti-communist, anti-nationalistic?

I don't think Hanni has done anything wrong here

edit: just so I'm being clear, this all is very common for 2nd/3rd gen viet diaspora kids who were raised almost completely outside Vietnam

Edited once, last by KpopJop ().

• Ehm no, but case is trending in Vietnam. I just found this by accident and wanted to check out what the hell is going on. It's not affecting global Bunnies that much, it's just the vietnamese in Vietnam is sensitive to the issue.

Seems like a government account.

• Welcome to the world of social media, it can be a wonderful toll, but also a shitty ass tool.

• I think
    being quiet at the issue

is the best response
    especially her main priority job is being idol
    not into politics or nationalism issue

• I love the fact that as an upcoming idol, apparently not only do *you* have to be perfect, but you have to keep an eye on your *entire* family to make sure they toe the ‘acceptable’ line…

blame these record companies for constantly caving to drama and having their artists apologize for everything. for once i'd like to hear one of them tell these haters to fuck off and mind their business.

• I love the fact that as an upcoming idol, apparently not only do *you* have to be perfect, but you have to keep an eye on your *entire* family to make sure they toe the ‘acceptable’ line…

I'm cancelling Seulgi since she apparently kissed my brother!!!

• those people could've just said they hate nj and be done with it already instead of trying to justify it through some political bs that has nothing to do with hanni anyway. haters, no matter the arena, are a fascinating crowd lol

• I'm Vietnamese and I don't care.

Kpop fans in VN are already hating NJs so much before this so it doesn't matter. (Probably they're using this issue for their hate agenda against them)

Once again I'm glad Vietnam isn't a big Kpop consumer as other countries so it won't affect their overall popularity/sales

• I'm Vietnamese and I don't care.

Kpop fans in VN are already hating NJs so much before this so it doesn't matter. (Probably they're using this issue for their hate agenda against them)

Once again I'm glad Vietnam isn't a big Kpop consumer as other countries so it won't affect their overall popularity/sales

it’s weird because prior to this, lots of VN comments were talking about how little Viet she speaks in an endearing way, and she was mostly regarded as an Australian girl with Viet ancestry

The switch up to her being labelled as a traitor was so fast, but I have very little context so I don’t want to speak about the issue too much

• How is she responsible for her family members like 2 generations back? And how did her family lie? Even if they did, what does she have to do with that? This makes no sense to me

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!