More&More and Can't Stop Me were good songs, but they weren't Twice's to sing

• I know I am messing with everyone's favourite song here but I am ready to take the heat. Though M&M's you guys will defend less, most responses will be "Agree about M&M's but not about I Can't Stop Me".

Again, I like both songs, I was probably one of the biggest M&M's defenders, but the whole era was a train wreck, composer was a shitty person, fought fans on Twitter and I am 99% certain he was the one behind the Zara Larson leak, which kinda confirmed to everyone that JYP messes with songs and messed very badly with this song in particular. After all of that, M&M is not listenable, always a shitty aftertaste in mouth. And to be totally honest, Zara version was indeed much superior. It was also a very reactionary comeback, JYP tried to make it very chart oriented after Feel Special flopped and did achieve initial results, topping charts and all. But he should've focused more on transition instead of backtracking and trying to reclaim charts.

Now coming to yall favourite song, well it was a good song but Twice, no matter how hard it might be to admit, couldn't vocally handle it very well, it was a very vocally challenging song, to the point, even in the studio version their vocal limits show. And the lyrics kinda didn't fit in with the beats, it almost sounds like the song is too fast for the lyrics. Especially in the "Can't stop me, can't stop me, can't stop me" part, it sounds like Twice was doing 2x challenge and twisting their tongues. And the song itself just doesn't fit anywhere in Twice discography, it sounds like a Weeknd reject, it is different genre.

They should've went with Cry For Me for the title instead of Can't Stop Me and skip the M&M entirely or release a different song, my choice would be Queen from Eyes Wide Open, it deserved a title track treatment but it could be any other song

• disagree. More & More is awesome and probably my favorite Twice song.

Agreed, More was a massive bop, way better than ICSM.

But Dreamer is right about ICSM. It doesnt hold up at all, it was disappointing then and i still don't like it now. JYP coulda had a banger like this vibe from the teaser, but for some reason, he turned into a fast tempo scream fest.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Agreed, More was a massive bop, way better than ICSM.

But Dreamer is right about ICSM. It doesnt hold up at all, it was disappointing then and i still don't like it now. JYP coulda had a banger like this vibe from the teaser, but for some reason, he turned into a fast tempo scream fest.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wow, I almost forgot how good the teasers sounded. It had that cyberpunk synthwave sounds to it, I had Kavinsky and Daft Punk vibes from it. Such a shame it wasn't the actual version.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!