Is this what happened to TVXQ's ex members?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Is this like a non-compete clause?

• JYJ was super popular tho, acording to many sources they were even some of the richest K-celebs at one point in early 2010s after leaving SM

IDK what happend to the members exactly but this Jaejoong guy is pretty famous in Japan, but I don't quit like that guy

And another guy who was/is known as Xia Junsu, but seems to go now as Kim Junsu is working as soloist now, who's music I quit like

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

No idea what happend to the 3rd one

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• How can they file a petition? Isn't that illegal? I can imagine them blackballing her informally and unofficially but openly like this?

• How can they file a petition? Isn't that illegal? I can imagine them blackballing her informally and unofficially but openly like this?

Companies in Korea seem to be able to to a lot of shit... I know companies who sued former idols for literally anything

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• better-than-sex

Changed the title of the thread from “Is this what happened to TVXQ's ex member?” to “Is this what happened to TVXQ's ex members?”.
  • From what I have seen Jaejoong is the most sympathetic one of the ex members (expect his covid joke). Xia Junsu was together with Exid Hani and she seems to dislike him a lot now and she was younger then him by several years. I always side eye couples with a big age difference. And the a**hole Yoochun was successful (from what I have seen) with dramas on TV stations, where SM could block him. Jaejoong and Junsu both seem to be successful as singers and Jaejoong also an entertainer.

I always read on lists that Jaejoong is the richest kpop idol with $90 mio. only maybe BTS can beat them (but BTS has to divide everything through 7, while they only had to divide through 3 and had long solo careers).

I also read that last year it was ruled that they should not be blocked anymore but it seems like it did nothing

• she was 24 and he was 29 so 5 years difference is that really so much to be hated on? :pepe-narrow-eyes:

Considering she was his fan and seemed a little bit starstruck by him yes the age difference is not optimal. He was also an established idol while she was at her peak and it was not that long ago that Exid started to be popular. There was a huge power imbalance between them and Exid as a group mentioned him in a bad way after they broke up

• Considering she was his fan and seemed a little bit starstruck by him yes the age difference is not optimal. He was also an established idol while she was at her peak and it was not that long ago that Exid started to be popular. There was a huge power imbalance between them and Exid as a group mentioned him in a bad way after they broke up

most of this is based on asumptions, and I don't get the power imbalance thing either, it is really hard to find a couple who is exactly balanced in their career and life

What about Taeyeon and Baekhyun they dated with a 3 year age difference according to Baekhyun Taeyeon was a mentor figure to him also obviously under the same company

so huge power inbalance by your standards

I mean even my parents who have been married over 45+ years had power imbalance since my mother still studied when they started their relationship also what about stay at home mums there is even a bigger power imbalance there :melon_think:

it would be of course different if one of them was the other's supperior/boss or has major bearing on the orther's career but as far as I know they weren't even in the same company

• He debuted like 11-12 years before she was going viral and while Taeyeon and Baekhyun was a little imbalanced too considering they were in the same agency and she was a little older and more successful too, it was a little less bad then Hani and Junsu because Taeyeon was the one being hated on by fangirls (and it was obvious that this would happen) while Junsu's fangirls hated on Hani and Taeyeon was less connected, had no power outside of her group in SM and they were a little closer age wise.

And you can't compare someone studying and someone working being in a relationship together to this. Your parents situation would only be similar if both worked in the same field with barely any employers, your father would have to have a senior position and would have to be well connected to other seniors. Also, at some point such a "power imbalance" disappears but it is still critical when it is happening right now.

Considering TVXQ had insane fans it was also irresponsible to date someone, who has just found fame and not wait a little bit at least. As the older part who was popular since years, he should have known it is not a good idea to ask her out that early (just one year after going viral). And sure Hani was 24 but she was rather new to being famous especially since female idols get more hate then male ones. And I personally think a 24 year old and a 29 year old are in different life periods most of the time so it is a little iffy. And yes I know most don't see it like that but I know so many couples with that age difference and around that age and you do notice a different maturity level (even if the couples themselves does not notice it). Especially in the 10s and 20s it is extreme, if it was for example a 28 and a 33 y. o., there would be less problems or if she would have at least been famous for min. 4 years. She was basically considered a rookie dating a senior idol from a legendary boy group.

And yes, stay at home mums have a problem because most can't really leave their partner when they stayed home for years, the employers think they are not up to date anymore and because of this "cost" to much time to employ and teach them. 3 years without a job is often (depending on the branche) a critical k.o. criteria for employers. And unless the stay at home mum gets (pocket)money, she is depending on her husband for financial matters and has in a lot of cases trouble to move out should the relationship go wrong unless friends or family let her stay with the child(ren) or lend her money.

• The third guy was sent to jail for buying meth. His ex fiancee is also a meth head and got into some trouble.

He's been banned from promoting in SK, but from what I heard, he's trying to debut his own KPOP GG. :eyes::skull:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• What we need is someone to submit a petition to ban bbc from all kinds of entrepreneurial activities :oops:

BBC is the lesser of Loona's issues. Universal Japan will assume the contract, with not one single letter changed, and will exploit it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!