Real talk, what did BPink do better to get their success?

• Teddy gave them songs, coordis gave them style. The members have talent and skill but not overwhelmingly to rest of idols. Yet they are huge globally. At least with BTS I understand they pushed hard on social media and help the youth generation learn “love themselves”. The edge factor for BPink is that they were good ambassadors for fashion brands. Obviously it was nothing to do with female empowerment.

• They survived the YG search for the New 2NE1.

Lots of other girls could not make it, many were dropped and could not wait all those years that took YG to finalize a line up.

• Personally when I was getting into BTS, I wanted a GG to stan too and it naturally went to BP because as newbie you will check out the popular ones only.. they really did tick all the boxes. At the time not many did girl crush so BP was the best choice (2ne1 and 4minute already disbanded by that time). So it’s luck too I guess, the right concept at the right time plus the girls and YG’s “luxurious swag” image and great bops.

In addition, BP had a built in fandom because they were promoted predebut using Bigbang (which was the biggest BG at that time). They were also the opposite of Twice, the most popular GG in Korea at that time.. so they are an alternative GG for those who don’t like cutesy songs.

• They survived the YG search for the New 2NE1.

Lots of other girls could not make it, many were dropped and could not wait all those years that took YG to finalize a line up.

the drug scandal and Minzy leaving was the main reason for 2ne1's disbandment it's more like YG wanting a group with YG essence even with baemon.

• the drug scandal and Minzy leaving was the main reason for 2ne1's disbandment it's more like YG wanting a group with YG essence even with baemon.

I was talking about the whole process, from the future 2NE1 project to the final line up, YG was very picky on what he wanted and the 4 members of BP were the final survivors of the process, it was not easy and many others failed.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was talking about the whole process, from the future 2NE1 project to the final line up, YG was very picky on what he wanted and the 4 members of BP were the final survivors of the process, it was not easy and many others failed.

that video you are showing is the old lineup of what would YG's new gg like baemom would have been though pink punk was another team back then

• that video you are showing is the old lineup of what would YG's new gg like baemom would have been though pink punk was another team back then

Correct, the process was long and there were many changes, not all trainees could hack it and at the end the best 4 in YG system ended up in what became BP.

It was not easy or gifted to the girls, any of them could have failed and have been left out of the line up.

• Correct, the process was long and there were many changes, not all trainees could hack it and at the end the best 4 in YG system ended up in what became BP.

It was not easy or gifted to the girls, any of them could have failed and have been left out of the line up.

you are not getting it both groups were different groups those girls were much younger than bp their were supposed to debut after them. pink punk ( blackpink) was supposed to be 7 member girl group and the other YG's gg 4 members

• Correct, the process was long and there were many changes, not all trainees could hack it and at the end the best 4 in YG system ended up in what became BP.

they were supposed to debut after blackpink. pink punk was supposed to debut in 2013. all delayed because the company was handling too many artists.

• you are not getting it both groups were different groups those girls were much younger than bp their were supposed to debut after them. pink punk ( blackpink) was supposed to be 7 member girl group and the other YG's gg 4 members

Yes, YG could not decide on when and what to debut, future 2NE1 was first and had a bunch of trainees, that project kept being delayed and members got sicked of waiting and left the company, so the project kept changing (this is normal) then YG came up with the idea of Pink Punk that was supposed to be 9 members, but more delays and more changes ended up with a final 4 member line up.

But even looking at the 9 members that were supposed to debut with Pink Punk, you can see that YG made the right decision.

Euna Kim was the best raper of the group, but she was average singer and average dancer, she also did not have the visual that makes BlackPink famous, I can not see her in the final line up.

Jang Hanna was also average (compared to the other members) did not have that 1 thing that would make her pop in the group, she did not have that BP visual.

Kim Eunbi I do not know much about her, she did not have the BP visual, but I do not know if she was a good dancer or singer.

The 3 people above did not have the Visual that you see in the BlackPink members, so I can see why they would be left out (dropped) from the final line up.

Then there are

Jinny, she has the visual to make it in BlackPink, she was probably top 3 in rap, but then you would have Jennie, Jinny and Lisa, that may be too many people with rap skills in a 6 team line up.

Miyeon, she would have been a good Pink member, she would have been the main visual of the group and the best singer in the group, but things happen and she left, probably because she felt she was not going to make the final line up, who knows.

At the end, the 4 strongest survived to form the group.

• they were supposed to debut after blackpink. pink punk was supposed to debut in 2013. all delayed because the company was handling too many artists.

I think we are all getting confused.

There was future 2NE1 (not official name) that was the program before BlackPink, this never debuted and members came changing as it was more of a trainee and evaluation program.

Pink Punk was the idea of a SNSD type group qith YG flavor, the current members of BP were part of this project, at the end the number was reduced to 4.

Baby monsters is the project after BP, I am not talking about that project.

Whatever Happened to the Allegedly Original Members of BLACKPINK (PINK PUNK)?
    BLACKPINK is undoubtedly one of the most prominent K-pop groups, and its four members are a big reason for this. Originally, though, the group was meant to be…
    www.kpopstarz.com

• and no one mentioned by you here were in the future 2ne1 video lol.

• and no one mentioned by you here were in the future 2ne1 video lol.

Correct, I just mentioned the Punk Pink girls, future 2NE1 had other trainees.

That is just how difficult it is to debut under YG.

Only the strongest survive, and those were the current BP members.

• all I know is there were supposed to be two gg projects in yg just like winner and ikon, but yg merged them into one and discarded "future 2ne1" girls.

• the future 2ne1 was just a name to give to that team ( for the video ) not their real name unrelated to bp, now pink punk was the group that were supposed to have like survival show but it got cancelled and their debut got pushed back so many times. two different things.

can we stop derailing this thread? you always do with blackpink

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!