why i think bts is doing a comp album

• boy oh boy did i not expect that today i would be making a thread like this.

and since the new news is already causing all of the usual akp scum to crawl of the sewers to voice their un-needed (and frankly, un-wanted) opinions, let's address those first.

bts running out of creativity-> wrong. rm announced he was halfway done with his mixtape yesterday and the other members have been working on stuff too. so no.

hybe wants to make money-> lots of people will sit this out bc it's a comp album. also a company wanting to make money can be said about anything. nice try though.

also full offense to the people who made those threads. i don't give a fuck about hybe but i do care about bts, and y'all are being assholes about this. the fake concern i'm seeing is not it. this is me defending the boys. so if you have shit to talk, you better go be bitter in your own damn threads. show up in here on some bullshit and i will put you in the fucking ground.

now :joy: :), onto why i think hybe did this.

touring.

for the purpose of a world tour.

this is literally so simple, and i genuinely believe that people lack the oversight and general problem-solving skills to put two and two together and would rather bash hybe and the boys than come to a logical conclusion.

if they have lots of new songs, that will give them less time to perform old songs and "go out with a bang". they probably want to make this really extravagant and likely a combination of all the eras. we could have Jungkook flying around singing Euphoria one minute, and then Jimin on stage performing Filter the next. if they released more new songs, there's an expectation to perform most, if not all of them.

and to clarify, just because i feel like hybe had a reason for doing this, doesn't mean i think this was the right decision. i'm still having mixed feelings about this but i can understand why ~real Armys~ are upset (and i say that bc there are obvious trolls running around acting concerned). and this is not me "making an excuse" for hybe either, so shut the fuck up with that wack shit too.

also it should be noted that on past compilation albums, they've done full length editions and remixes of songs. so i think there's a MAJOR possibility we'll get full length versions of intros, demo versions of songs (fake love), or possibly other member versions of songs (this is wishful thinking, but namjoon- serendipity). it is not just going to be everything we've heard before + 3 new songs.

i'm aware this could blow up quick. and to be honest, i have finals, a nintendo switch to buy, and this and lsfm's and ive's album to preorder/buy today! so what i'm not going to do is explain myself to some nugu with three akorns or an established troll with mommy and daddy issues. if you get it, you get it, if you don't, you don't. i used to be nicer with these things, but y'all have pushed me to the limit.

enjoy!

Edited 2 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• what about a non-troll user with mommy and daddy issues

:pepe-onions:

that's different ok ily :borahae:

edit: also cackling rn bc there's a troll i have blocked who's viewing the thread so their screams of agony will not be heard here (not by me anyways)

• FeLiNa

Changed the title of the thread from “why i think hybe is doing a comp album” to “why i think bts is doing a comp album”.
  • I think you're right and this actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Also, I'm glad you addressed those two points that you did. I actually assumed it was a compilation album for a different reason. They released three English singles, and we are getting three new songs. Now, that could just be a coincidence, but I found it an oddly specific one and as we all know, BTS does pay attention to details a lot (I say this because of their wordplay in their lyrics, small details in their music videos and things like that) and I wouldn't put it past them to make having three new songs on the compilation album be a deliberate choice. However, if they released three songs by themselves, maybe they didn't know if people would take it all that well or not (I mean, look at some of the reactions so far), so they decided the best way to package it would be a compilation album. That whole thought process was what I first thought of anyway, but yours makes much more sense.

For that one type of person who I am sure will say something about this, yes, BTS have said in the past (in Black Swan I think, correct me if I'm wrong), that they were worried about running out of creativity, but things change, and I think they got back into the swing of things already. There's no need to worry about that. Also, I'm sure their new songs will be great and I can't wait to hear them. Have a great day/night!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!