Confirmed: On the Ground is a full English song

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Welp there goes korean charting, but anyways as long as its a bop :pepemusic::pepe-cowboy:

・゚ 🎀 𝐵𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐹❤𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 🎀 ゚・

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Welp there goes korean charting, but anyways as long as its a bop :pepemusic::pepe-cowboy:

That's not true. Dynamite is an English song and charted months on K charts. I think YG is aiming for Korean and world domination for this.

• I'm expecting it after listening to Gone. YG takes this opportunity to further increase Rose's popularity internationally. Not expecting it do well in Kchart since it is her debut song, but I will target the top 10 Melon for her :pepemusic:

• I'm expecting it after listening to Gone. YG takes this opportunity to further increase Rose's popularity internationally. Not expecting it do well in Kchart since it is her debut song, but I will target the top 10 Melon for her :pepemusic:

Pretty sure she would have killed it way more if the song was in Korean because korean gp like her voice. I honestly don't know what will happen now in kcharts, time will tell. Now let's focus on the song that she has worked so hard on.

42880fa4ac96298e4b26e69acc7466df9c020cfb.gifv61d9d03079dcca08018fddc7e065366fd5b1cb33.gifvc36d4dbbfdddf670228a3e8d52e5040a4ad6850a.gifvb84a5edbd39d08ccaad6db639e0740f4562821c6.gifv

• like i said before does it matter if its english or korean or elfish or dwarfish or whatever...

if it good its good

It mattered little bit if you wanted her to chart good in korea but it doesn't matter now anymore. All we should care about is going all out when the song drops.

• Official Post

That's not true. Dynamite is an English song and charted months on K charts. I think YG is aiming for Korean and world domination for this.

Dynamite is probably the exception to the rule in this case, but Square(2017) by Baek Yerin was 100% English and was also a smash in Korea.

It shouldn't matter which language you sing in, as long as you have a voice Koreans love and the song is suited to GP taste, it'll do well.

Anyway who really cares about Korean charts, when we're finally getting her solo after 2 years :waterr:

• You're not a real fan. Real fans/ friends give real advice/ criticism. Just saying.

Can you please go away. This is a positive day for us blinks, we don't need wet clothes to ruin it for us.

• It is not about competing with Dynamite but more of like YG wants to dominate in all charts including US , Korea and world wide.

Dynamite is the only English song from a Kpop artist which has charted extremely well. It's a huge risk imo. Only time can tell whether GP is actually gonna like the song or not regardless of language.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

c09dafd21a568e816f2cb77504fa56a8086e9412.gifv

• what we got:

• Lisa was also excited about ROSÉ's album, telling her "Wow" after watching the MV and Rosé revealed "she was spreading the word to the staff members" about the great song and video. Rosé laughed remembering Lisa's response
    • Jisoo responded to ROSÉ's solo album as if it was her own. She said, "I hope you do everything that your heart wishes this time. Just try to do everything you want"
    • Rose: "Each one of them really cheered me on so much. It just made me realize how important encouragement was" Jennie made her cute gifts, made jewelry with her new puppy's name on it
    • Currently, ROSÉ's favorite scene in the On The Ground MV is the opening scene where her face appears. "Every time I look at it, it makes me pull my breath. Every time it comes across with a different meaning."
    • ROSÉ says she brings a "semi-rap" style for On The Ground too (can also confirm that her vocals get fierce at the end of the song)
    • ROSÉ says there are "many" point choreographies for On The Ground but the overall key point is the composition. "Flashy, never-seen-before moves," she says. "I really love the choreography this time...I hope you keep an eye out for that"
    • Lyric spoiler from On The Ground "I worked my whole life, just to get high, just to realize: everything I need is on the ground" It came from reflecting on her trainee life and she felt its a lyric that reflects her well
    • "To make them more complete and perfect, Rose thought about the most suitable language." She's worried fans may not like it because it's in English but she thought long and hard about this decision

for the dark mode dumbos

what we got:

• Lisa was also excited about Rosé's album, telling her "Wow" after watching the MV and Rosé revealed "she was spreading the word to the staff members" about the great song and video. Rosé laughed remembering Lisa's response
    • Jisoo responded to Rosé's solo album as if it was her own. She said, "I hope you do everything that your heart wishes this time. Just try to do everything you want"
    • Rose: "Each one of them really cheered me on so much. It just made me realize how important encouragement was" Jennie made her cute gifts, made jewelry with her new puppy's name on it
    • Currently, ROSÉ's favorite scene in the OTG MV is the opening scene where her face appears. "Every time I look at it, it makes me pull my breath. Every time it comes across with a different meaning."
    • ROSÉ says she brings a "semi-rap" style for OTG (can also confirm that her vocals get fierce at the end of the song)
    • ROSÉ says there are "many" point choreographies for OTG but the overall key point is the composition. "Flashy, never-seen-before moves," she says. "I really love the choreography this time...I hope you keep an eye out for that"
    • Lyric spoiler from OTG "I worked my whole life, just to get high, just to realize: everything I need is on the ground" It came from reflecting on her trainee life and she felt its a lyric that reflects her well
    • "To make them more complete and perfect, Rose thought about the most suitable language." She's worried fans may not like it because it's in English but she thought long and hard about this decision
  • what we got:

• Lisa was also excited about ROSÉ's album, telling her "Wow" after watching the MV and Rosé revealed "she was spreading the word to the staff members" about the great song and video. Rosé laughed remembering Lisa's response
    • Jisoo responded to ROSÉ's solo album as if it was her own. She said, "I hope you do everything that your heart wishes this time. Just try to do everything you want"
    • Currently, ROSÉ's favorite scene in the On The Ground MV is the opening scene where her face appears. "Every time I look at it, it makes me pull my breath. Every time it comes across with a different meaning."
    • ROSÉ says she brings a "semi-rap" style for On The Ground too (can also confirm that her vocals get fierce at the end of the song)
    • ROSÉ says there are "many" point choreographies for On The Ground but the overall key point is the composition. "Flashy, never-seen-before moves," she says. "I really love the choreography this time...I hope you keep an eye out for that"
    • Lyric spoiler from On The Ground "I worked my whole life, just to get high, just to realize: everything I need is on the ground" It came from reflecting on her trainee life and she felt its a lyric that reflects her well

Girl i can't see shit :pepe-cringe:

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!