Why does Hybe give NewJeans ambassador positions for Burberry/Gucci… but not Txt/Le sserafim/Enhypen?

• Yeonjun fans really want him to get an ambassador position for Burberry/Gucci… since he promotes their clothes a lot but Danielle quickly gets the position despite NewJeans being way younger. Sakura posts ads for LV on instagram but also didn’t become ambassador but Hyein did. Why Hybe can get NewJeans the biggest fashion deals but not their other groups?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• with all due respect to the other groups and their members I don't really think it's Hybe who "gives" clothing ambassadorships

To my (albeit limited) knowledge - it's the fashion labels that tap the companies requesting specific individuals who they wish to become their ambassadors

• Labels decide who they want but the company can help the idol win the attention of certain brands and get in the running for these endorsements. SM has had alot of dealings over the years with big brands, and with how groundbreaking everyone is claiming their debut was and how high profile her participation is which makes everyone excited for their content, its not surprising MHJ has the contacts and the attention needed to make those deals. By contrast LSF is still trying to get out from under the former Izone and garam shadow. Who knows Hybe may have put out feelers but the scandal made brands nervous.

Also not sure about Hybe for TXT but we long knew Somu was trash even with Hybe's help so I don't see why your surprised its Sakura's japanese label that is doing bits for her.

• ;judgingpepe:

I do have my own opinion about wether a 15 year old is a good model for a brand like Burberry or not (don’t think so but that the me talking who is wondering who a 15 year old gonna inspire to buy Burberry… it’s not something their age group would wear) but end of the day the company is the one who decides on who fits their image.

I think generally more female idols are ambassadors than male idols. For man they seem to prefer actors.

62645-4c05234e-0e62-4aed-89c7-07b5143427d9-gif Tomorrow x Together NCT

S63Sk.gif

• NJ are from Ador, TXT are bighit, ofc they have different management. Idk how bighit managed them despite they have been endorsing and getting sponsored from various high end brands for a whole year. And one thing, Yeonjun still has contract with Privè Alliance as BA and designer. If you're still curious just email bighit or E-RsO81VUAMxw9I.jpeg

:send-love-bunny:

Ah the collection expired new year so I don’t know how long the contract end. One thing for sure Yeonjun has 42 post on Instagram more then half of that is brand sponsored ad. Not being an ambassador is not necessarily a bad think since he can get sponsored by more then one brand. Just like now. Gucci, Celine, Burberry, Tods, etc.

:pepe-shrug:

62645-4c05234e-0e62-4aed-89c7-07b5143427d9-gif Tomorrow x Together NCT

S63Sk.gif

• ;judgingpepe:

I do have my own opinion about wether a 15 year old is a good model for a brand like Burberry or not (don’t think so but that the me talking who is wondering who a 15 year old gonna inspire to buy Burberry… it’s not something their age group would wear) but end of the day the company is the one who decides on who fits their image.

I think generally more female idols are ambassadors than male idols. For man they seem to prefer actors.

* Danielle is 17

• ;judgingpepe:

uh...danielle is not 15. she's 17 turning 18 this year. but idt most luxury brands are trying to appeal to the vast majority of people anyway. only rich people are going to fork out over $1000 for a single piece of clothing.

who's your favorite artist?

• Ah the collection expired new year so I don’t know how long the contract end. One thing for sure Yeonjun has 42 post on Instagram more then half of that is brand sponsored ad. Not being an ambassador is not necessarily a bad think since he can get sponsored by more then one brand. Just like now. Gucci, Celine, Burberry, Tods, etc.

:pepe-shrug:

From Hybe conference, they said "fashion industry has eyes on TXT and they will work with diverse brands". But indeed they worked with various brands without fixated on only one. Well...it's up to the company anyway. It's great if they settle with one brand, but personally I prefer seeing them trying different kinds of fashion styles :chicken-dance:

Flsp677X0AIMqaN.jpeg

• ;judgingpepe:

I put it in the same lane as brands trying to appeal to youth by sponsoring/inviting tik tok, instagram and YT people to their shows, advertise or endorse them.

Besides, isn't NWJN's fanbase famously 78% women and the majority of those are in thier 20's-30's (from statistic published by Kyobo Research Center looking at album buyers)? Sounds like the brands are getting exactly the demographic they are aiming for.

• Whoever think hybe has no hands on this is hilarious to said the least

Teenagers with no social media reach getting this brands, not even Korean ones where they are mostly famous

Like, there is a level of stupid u can fake ;judgingpepe:

Teenagers with no social media reach getting this brands, not even Korean ones where they are mostly famous

Instead of calling others stupid (which, haaaa given your comment), just say you don't know how subsidiary and parent (holding) companies work. It's okay.

That's not how it works, you're living in a whole other dimension I swear. Do you think a industry worth billions of dollars will allow Hybe or any other entertainment company to order them around about what they want or not?

Fun fact, luxury brands have and pick ambassadors targeted to a specific geographic location only, that's why you never see chinese/korean/etc idols in a Paris store/billboard for example unless they're global ambassadors, but usually they pick celebrities based on the popularity and beauty standards closer to the target audience they want to reach.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!