"you can lipsync but at least don't make it obvious" - we're hitting rock bottom

• i knew, nowdays people didn't care that much about voices like back then but i didn't know we will reach this level of carelessness

I saw the scandal on wonyoung and lesserafim today ... and I was disappointed by the fans comments

How can you say "at least do it well " or "for them it was not really obvious"

Both are bad...I'm sorry but there's no "at least" when you're sitting you have to sing live...it's bad enough to hear a live vocal with an loud track background behind

so imagine a lips sync

I don't want to blame the girls for this choice... i'm sure they are confident enough to do it live or choose their own cover

It's the companies that don't want to put their trust on them, moreover, they are not the first nor the last to do so

For me personally, I prefer to see an average or cracked voice than a perfect autotune voice made in the studio. I just hope Pop fans and not just kpop in general, stop using lips sync as an "option" or "part of the job"... Don't we all want to see more live band?

That's it, bye bye :exit-pepe:

“ < 4 you & her

• Go to Best Answer
  • I'll just quote my post from another thread:

I do agree that lip sync practice has been too rampant in recent years, we do need some regulation to limit lip sync practice or idols would forever be taken as a joke and not real singer.

But I don't want Wonyoung to be used as a martyr for this, I pass this honor to the next group or artist that is not my fave.

• The thing is this is pretty much a lose-lose situation. With lip syncing you'll be criticized, especially if you're just sitting down or do it regularly (aespa during their heyday and now IVE). But with singing live you have the risk of messing up horribly, and at worst ruining your reputation as singers (see TWICE M&M encore).

Personally I find the hyperfixation some have with this weird, I don't really care if idols sing live or not as long as they're delivering a good performance.

• The thing is this is pretty much a lose-lose situation. With lip syncing you'll be criticized, especially if you're just sitting down or do it regularly (aespa during their heyday and now IVE). But with singing live you have the risk of messing up horribly, and at worst ruining your reputation as singers (see TWICE M&M encore).

Personally I find the hyperfixation some have with this weird, I don't really care if idols sing live or not as long as they're delivering a good performance.

as I have always said, it's an audience and company problem. Kpop fans hunt down any mistake a kpop idol makes and won't let them hear the end of it even if it's years later.

• the hyper focus on hating them is weird mo matter what.

I won't appreciate a performance of sitting lip sync so I'll just move on.

Getting it to national news level is crazy

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• For me lip-syncing while sitting or doing a concert is not acceptable. On award shows or with music show dance performances I can understand it, it's the shows image over anything else. I think it's counterproductive to bash because that creates more hurt than change. But I won't ever buy a ticket to these award shows or to an idol"s concert who lip syncs on tour and if more people had that attitude companies would wake up fast and make the right changes. I have no respect for anyone lip syncing on tour because there you have only your fans and the product you promise them on tour is not only your presence but your music too. Even if it's imperfect, I want to hear the real deal. It's alright. Truly.

* * * * * * •×• * * * * * *

• If people were as critical with their faves lipsyncing the way they are with other idols, maybe the agencies would see the fans' demand and let their idols sing more live or have a lower backtrack.

But K-pop stans hold different standards for different people.

I don’t believe it has anything with the company and rather to do with what the idols are comfortable. Blaming it on the company is something fans do to cope IMO.

• I don’t believe it has anything with the company and rather to do with what the idols are comfortable. Blaming it on the company is something fans do to cope IMO.

I honestly don't know If It has something to do with the Company just responding to the Industry's demand of perfection or not. And I don't really care too. Was just a bet.

But I'm curious about your opinion, what do you think?

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• I honestly don't know If It has something to do with the Company just responding to the Industry's demand of perfection or not. And I don't really care too. Was just a bet.

But I'm curious about your opinion, what do you think?

For me it’s on the idols. Not the company. I don’t believe any company is going to be like you sing well but I still want you to lip sync. Either the idols don’t feel well that day or they are not confident that day.

In EXO case I 100% believe they sing live when they are all comfortable to do so and if they want to rest/aren’t pre prepared they lip sync and I’m completely okay with that.

People make everything the company’s fault instead of just wondering if their favs aren’t up to it. And yeah if your favs are continually lip sync’ing it’s their confidence they need to work on rather than the company limiting them.

• Maybe the real truth is in between. There are moments It's the idols demand and moments It's the company's demand or even the place they will perform in's demand.

I don't think your point of view is untrue, because Bang Chan already explained what makes Stray Kids sing live and what makes they go for the pre-recorded vocals/lip sync route and It was mostly under their own choices.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• If people were as critical with their faves lipsyncing the way they are with other idols, maybe the agencies would see the fans' demand and let their idols sing more live or have a lower backtrack.

But K-pop stans hold different standards for different people.

True, I need to take care of my fav's vocal chord, so they could do a good vlive after the stage done :pepe-hehe:

• But this is from the same people that know their faves are dating, but only get upset if they get caught.

'Make believe' is part of what idol culture sells.

• agree Starship make a wrong move
    it starship fault why send Wonyoung and Leeseo
    maybe they like to showcase their top visual and youngest member but it backfire
    especially it ballad song
    that perfect opportunity to send Liz and Yujin

• But this is from the same people that know their faves are dating, but only get upset if they get caught.

'Make believe' is part of what idol culture sells.

why people need to be upset if their faves get caught dating?

and since when dating is considered as "bad" thing or bad news

K-pop stans are crazy

“ < 4 you & her

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!